Miguel Almirón: club in talks with Saudi club over possible sale (Downie)

Deuce

9 hours ago, Ronaldo said:

Almiron attracts a lot of hatred for someone who has legitimately grafted his bollocks off for us for 5 1/2 years.

Admittedly he’s a poor winger and needs to leave but come on. We played Alsoran for 4 seasons plus and he got eff all.

Yeah, for all that I was pissed off we couldn't get him out the door for £25m in January, I would never condone spewing hatred on social media against him. He's entitled to hold to his contract, but on here I will still say that I think it's time he left. He's been a great servant for us with an impeccable attitude.

That said, if it's true we've got £35m for Anderson, it almost means Miggy could still be useful as a squad player.

Having a moan about Almiron's lack of a left foot at this point is a traditional part of watching NUFC. 

I have a lot of time for Almiron. Clearly we want an upgrade at this point but you can't doubt the effort he's put in and there's clearly a certain level of talent there even if it falls below what we are now looking for. 

1 minute ago, llcoolc157 said:

Maybe Eddie likes him and sees what value he adds to the squad… just a thought like…

I'm sure he likes him, but we were trying to flog him in January.

10 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Another weapon Thankfully many in the comments disagreeing with him and sticking up for Miggy.

I've been one of Miggy's biggest critics, and wanted him gone for years now, but that lad deserves far more respect than this.

I hope he picks his move, one that suits him and his family, he deserves that and not to be shoved off to anywhere to suit the club. Be great if the deal works for all, like. 

24 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I've been one of Miggy's biggest critics, and wanted him gone for years now, but that lad deserves far more respect than this.

I hope he picks his move, one that suits him and his family, he deserves that and not to be shoved off to anywhere to suit the club. Be great if the deal works for all, like. 

I'd still rather we got £20m for him from Saudi than £3m from a club he likes, but that's just me being selfish as a Newcastle fan. He's entitled to stick with what he wants, and so are we, nothing wrong with it.

43 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Our “fans” who kick off because Miggy didn’t want to go to Saudi. Maybe he just didn’t want to live in the fucking desert and live under an oppressive regime. Sometimes there’s more to life than the money on offer. 

I imagine the football players out there don’t feel overly ‘oppressed’.

Fair point about the desert like.

8 hours ago, Cf said:

Having a moan about Almiron's lack of a left foot at this point is a traditional part of watching NUFC. 

I have a lot of time for Almiron. Clearly we want an upgrade at this point but you can't doubt the effort he's put in and there's clearly a certain level of talent there even if it falls below what we are now looking for. 

Lack of a left foot?

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

If he didn’t want to go to Saudi in January, I can’t see that changing now.

You don't think it's possible he's had time to think about it and reconsider given the changing circumstances, including us almost certainly investing in a new RW?

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

If he didn’t want to go to Saudi in January, I can’t see that changing now.

Less chances of playing here since jan and Henderson proved you can escape. With a bit ££ he could be tempted. Can't imagine he will be looking forward to being a sub all season 

Just now, Dr Venkman said:

You don't think it's possible he's had time to think about it and reconsider given the changing circumstances, including us almost certainly investing in a new RW?

Well the rumours where he didn’t want to take his young family to Saudi, not sure he will have changed his mind.