Miguel Almirón

Deuce

3 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

Agreed. Targett too if he’s not crocked beyond repair. 

Nobody is buying Targett, nobody. We'd struggle to give him away due to his wages.

25 minutes ago, Beth said:

Nobody is buying Targett, nobody. We'd struggle to give him away due to his wages.

I am a bit perplexed about Target as he did great when he first signed and I personally have always liked him as a player. Just seems to have been plagued with injuries since he joined permanently.  

31 minutes ago, Beth said:

You have no idea what is wage is other than paper talk, whatever the stats say I don't believe for a fraction of a second he is on anything approaching a hundred grand a week. He was an initial loan which ended up costing circa 15m. Who the fuck would pay a 100k a week for that?

9 minutes ago, midds said:

Needs to be moved on for the sake of everyone involved. Anything north of £15m we should take

A fit Target is a great squad member - especially if it keeps Burn from playing LB.

1 hour ago, Irish Magpie said:

You have no idea what is wage is other than paper talk, whatever the stats say I don't believe for a fraction of a second he is on anything approaching a hundred grand a week. He was an initial loan which ended up costing circa 15m. Who the fuck would pay a 100k a week for that?

No idea, but that is his widely quoted wage. Regardless, who would actually pay a fee for a player who has been injured for just about all of the last two years? The only way he is leaving us is on a free transfer, or more likely in two years time when his contract expires.

1 hour ago, duo said:

A fit Target is a great squad member - especially if it keeps Burn from playing LB.

I think he's on about Almiron.

5 hours ago, Beth said:

If he’s fit somebody will take him (not saying for how much but off the books at least) we’ll have Hall/Kelly/Burn for LB cover.

1 hour ago, PauloGeordio said:

If he’s fit somebody will take him (not saying for how much but off the books at least) we’ll have Hall/Kelly/Burn for LB cover.

He’s away, even if it is a season long loan. We bought him for £12m (+£3m loan fee which isn’t included) on a 4 year deal so have to book at least £6m to break even. I’d take £7.5m just to get him off the books and make a small amount to write up against his amortisation.

Next summer he’ll be down to his last year, so the gamble is whether he does enough in any loan spell for us to claw back more (any amount over £3m from 1 July 25). I’d probably take that gamble.

3 hours ago, PauloGeordio said:

I agree I think he’s off if Kelly comes in and I’m sorry I’m still not buying that Targett is on 100k per week ffs ?

4 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I agree I think he’s off if Kelly comes in and I’m sorry I’m still not buying that Targett is on 100k per week ffs ?

Me too re the 100 grand! 

Posted (edited)

Assuming we sign a new RW (surely we must be) we’d have Murphy as back up and Gordon who can play on the right. Christ Howe was even quoted in pre-season as saying Barnes can play on the right (but we’ve yet to see that). Minteh also an unknown quantity. Miggy is definitely someone that needs moving on to raise a few shillings.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Not many people know this, but Almiron is a huge Warhammer fan and is often spotted at the Shiremoor Warhammer club. He thinks we don't know its him, as he'll turn up in full Logan Grimnar cosplay. Anyway, he won't be leaving any time soon as he's in the middle of this huge 2000pt 4 army cross battle between Space Wolfs, Chaos Marines, ORKZ and Tyranids. 

For what its worth, he doesn't have an opinion on female Custodes. 

Aye, good move for everyone. Nice club and he'll get plenty love off the Ipswich fans I'd have thought. Hope it's true and it would allow us to move forward with our planned signing options for a rw replacement.

On 23/05/2024 at 23:42, Irish Magpie said:

Think he’s getting at he’s championship level player and he’ll be getting paid too much for their level of wages.

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

does he need a lift down there?

Probably better off. If he drives down there himself with directions of “take the next right”, he’d turn left.