Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Greetings from across the pond! I just posted this story in the Atlanta United sub, but I thought you would appreciate it. Treat him well - he's our favorite.

In the Spring of 2017, just a couple months after the start of their first season, ATL UTD was really aggressive in marketing and player interaction opportunities. A neighbor friend of mine who coordinates our local farm-to-school program is good friends with someone in the Team’s front office, and after making a couple of calls, she was able to convince them to send over a few players to help the kids at the local elementary school build their new learning garden (plant seeds, grow vegetables, learn about the environment). My neighbor knew that I was a die-hard fan so she invited me and a couple other parents to help “chaperone” the event.

The morning of the project, a van pulls up and out walks Ambrose, Jones, and Almiron. Needless to say, all of the kids, teachers, and parents were pretty excited. The work mostly consisted of pulling some weeds, tilling the soil, digging a border around the garden and installing paver stones. The whole thing was supposed to last about an hour and a half, and nobody expected the players to do much work (they were there mostly for photos and autographs). After taking a few of our own photos, another dad and I started doing some of the digging to get ready to place the paver stones. After a half-hour or so, Miggy walks up and grabs a shovel. He asks what he can do to help (I don't speak Spanish, but I do speak Portuguese so I could understand his question and explain the digging was for the stones).

For the next two hours, Miggy does not stop - and I mean not even for water or a bathroom break. First he helps us dig the trenches for the stones. Then he rakes all of the weeds that had been pulled. Then he starts shuttling the stones in a wheel barrow from the nearby truck. Then he starts placing the stones around the garden. Then he makes sure the entire project is cleaned up and the kids are happy with the finished project before leaving. And he does it all with a smile on his face (shocking, I know). The entire time, the Team’s liaison is telling him he can stop, the Principal of the school is telling him he doesn’t have to actually build the garden, the parents are all telling him to not worry about it - we would finish up, even his teammates were laughing at how focused he was on the project. But Miggy, he works, he sees the project through, he shakes every hand, takes every photo, signs every autograph, and lays every paver stone. It’s funny because over the last couple years I would read articles about Miggy and Joseph showing up early for practice to work on drills and all I could think is “yeah, that’s no surprise.”

Deleted his Instagram account apparently.

SOFT CUNT ALERT.

Defo had teeth girl slide into his DMs. Don't blame the lad.

:lol: Has anyone seen Danny Guthrie recently, come to think of it?

Not unless you are regularly attending Mitra Kukar matches in the Indonesian league. 

:iamatwat:

Get the feeling he'll be on the bench tomorrow and we'll see him for 20 mins. Hopefully we are still in the game at that point.

We don't have another match for 2 weeks after Wolves so he should have plenty of time to find his feet.

I think its promising he seems to be such a hard working and dedicated individual. A bit like Perez so the signs are good so far for him to be a success.

Got a feeling this is gonna be the greatest home debut performance since Tino turned the boro defence inside out in front the gallowgate 🤙🏼

That was away to Boro

And didn’t he elbow someone as well? Then followed up by nutting Keith Curle the following week.

Remember him shrugging his shoulders as the ref wanted a word 😂 he may have gotten a ban after but he wasn’t sent off, madness given how blatant it was.

Got a feeling this is gonna be the greatest home debut performance since Tino turned the boro defence inside out in front the gallowgate 🤙🏼

That was away to Boro

And didn’t he elbow someone as well? Then followed up by nutting Keith Curle the following week.

Remember him shrugging his shoulders as the ref wanted a word 😂 he may have gotten a ban after but he wasn’t sent off, madness given how blatant it was.

He was half cut as well

Get the feeling he'll be on the bench tomorrow and we'll see him for 20 mins. Hopefully we are still in the game at that point.

Aye, Rafa likes to bed them in a bit so think same.

He threw Kenedy straight in against Burnley didn't he? Don't think he was playing much before that either. Still think he'll be on the bench too from the start, like.