Huddersfield Town 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 15/12/18 Postmatch reaction from pg17

BlueStar

Guest firetotheworks

How did we play? Looking good on the road, if only our home form was a tad better...

Folk will say we were shite, but I think the game plan was spot on. Should have won by 2 and solid at the back, particularly Schär. We could have played better, but the organisation was still there and saw us through to the end of a match that would have been more comfortable with the correct call from the linesman.

Definitely think the three at the back gives us more, especially with Schar. Just seems to get the most out of him. Clark aswell, despite obviously not being as good, seems to like it.

I'd try make it our base going forward I think, with everyone fit, I'd probably be looking to play this:

------------Dubs---------------

----Schar---Fede---Lejeune

Yedlin---Ki----Diame---Ritchie

-------Ayoze----Muto-----

----------Rondon-----------

How did we play? Looking good on the road, if only our home form was a tad better...

In the first half we were absolutely awful. Lots of individual errors all over the pitch, couldn't keep possession, didn't even look especially rigid at the back which you can normally depend on. Gave away loads of set pieces and we were fortunate that Huddersfield had no one to either really create nor convert.

Second half started pretty similarly until the goal, which was one of only a couple of occasions where either team found a bit of room. A couple of incisive passes and a clinical finish from Rondon. From there, we shut up shop effectively against pretty appalling opposition. Perez and Atsu were useful on the counter, I thought Clark and Manquillo did well at the back, and Hayden was effective when he came on. Had a second goal wrongly ruled out, too.

Really unspectacular performance but a deserved win in the end. We were the only team who deserved to score, by virtue of the fact we actually created the one meaningful chance.

Guest Howaythetoon

Cheers for the analysis those that saw the game. Away from home I’d take any scrappy performance if it meant a win so I’m not that bothered how we play really, accepting it’s the best way to get points. We do look quite solid on the road and I always feel confident we can get at least a draw or will never end up hammered. Long may it continue!

We may buck the trend this season staying up based on our form away from home. A better home record though and we would be in a much healthier position.

Could be 2 points behind Brighton after next weekend, with us having the more difficult fixtures so far. Lejeune to come back as well.

We are two games away from being half way through the season.

Also our fixtures after Fulham are horrific.

Guest neesy111

4 wins from 6.

7 not 6.

We didn't win against West Ham, Burnley or Wolves.

I really enjoyed us scoring more goals than Burnley in spite of the fact we still lost.

It was Everton, I corrected it.

Get the fuck in. Massive 3 pts for us even though we were shite for the vast majority of the game. Huddersfield were, unsurprisingly, fucking rancid. We gave the ball away so many times, any half decent team would have ripped us apart.

All in all delighted Rafa put another one over that horrible fraud Wagner. Ayoze MOTM and if refs could actually ref he'd have added to his tally with that gorgeous little chip.

In work all day so dont  know how we played but happy  way the win !!! Another next week and well be in good steed for christmas

Just be happy that you never have to watch it. Great win, terrible game.

Was thinking that lad lol