Newcastle United 0-2 Manchester United - 02/01/19 - Post-match from page 20

BlueStar

We did play well and we had a game plan that wasn't a million miles away from working, however why did we wait till we were 2-0 down to make an offensive change? As soon as we went 1-0 down or even at 0-0 we need to be taking a chance and getting say Muto on for Perez, or better yet just leave Perez out and start with Muto for once, we have to try something new or we're never going to score goals, since signings are off the table.

There is no enjoyment to watching this team play.

Yes we are organised and disciplined around each players position, but there is no quality in anything that we do attacking wise. No investment this window will see us relegated.

Dubravka did well aside from the error. Atsu touched the ball the most which probably makes him our MOTM, but has no ability to get a shot on target with power.

Just so painful to watch. Such a glaring example tonight when we had a chance to break from the counter. Atsu, in acres of space plays an absolutely honking pass into the heels of Ritchie out wide, who - of course channels the touch of a rapist, resulting in us immediately losing the momentum and urgency. Concludes with Ritchie delivering a total abortion of a cross.

That was one of a few embarrassing episodes. :lol:

It's worse because you can see they are trying to be better....they just aren't.

Rafa - disappointed we lost the game due to mistakes, and not taking our chances in the first half. Felt for the first 80 minutes, we deserved something more. Realistic that we are in a relegation battle, though the team is working hard. Refuses to talk about the transfer window. Says he is able to discuss it, but chooses not to.

He sounded really downbeat. Guess he's been told that nothing is happening this window then.

Ritchie is a problem. I like him and he can deliver decent balls in, but it must be so easy for opposing managers to defend against him. He can not beat a player. He will always turn back on himself.

Another player playing in the wrong league. I’m sure Rafa expected us to replace him within a year of signing him though.

Ritchie is a problem. I like him and he can deliver decent balls in, but it must be so easy for opposing managers to defend against him. He can not beat a player. He will always turn back on himself.

Another player playing in the wrong league. I’m sure Rafa expected us to replace him within a year of signing him though.

All our players have major flaws, that's why they're here and why they were cheap, we have a decent Championship side playing well out of their depth, none of the players we own should be in a Premier league side looking to compete in the premiership bar a couple of the defenders and the keeper, all of which will go on to better things for a price if they continue to play well.

I like most of our players, but wouldn't have them in the team if I had the choice, they are tryers who play for the shirt/Rafa but just aren't good enough, bottom line.

There is no enjoyment to watching this team play.

Yes we are organised and disciplined around each players position, but there is no quality in anything that we do attacking wise. No investment this window will see us relegated.

Dubravka did well aside from the error. Atsu touched the ball the most which probably makes him our MOTM, but has no ability to get a shot on target with power.

Just so painful to watch. Such a glaring example tonight when we had a chance to break from the counter. Atsu, in acres of space plays an absolutely honking pass into the heels of Ritchie out wide, who - of course channels the touch of a rapist, resulting in us immediately losing the momentum and urgency. Concludes with Ritchie delivering a total abortion of a cross.

That was one of a few embarrassing episodes. :lol:

It's worse because you can see they are trying to be better....they just aren't.

That was frustrating! They talk about the players giving their all and these mistakes that are costing us results, but it's always going to come back to the quality.

The game plan is seems to be to draw the opposition on to us by playing the ball around our defence/midfield before working the ball out wide to enable us to get a cross in (60% of our goals this season have been from a cross). Unfortunately for us we struggle to get quality balls into the box and the main outlet is Rondon as our midfield hasn't contributed anything. If this doesn't work its a case of stopping the other team scoring and relying on a mistake to happen resulting in us scoring. I'm not blaming Rafa as I think its sensible given our limited abilities, but with no investment or a change of ownership we're only going to get worse and if I was him I'd see my contract out and leave.

Not as awful as anticipated. The circumstances of the first goal make it particularly disappointing.

Man U surely the softest team to play at SJP this season mind. Theatrics all over the shop. Martial nearly getting decapitated highlight of the match.

thought you sung well mate, the fans were amazing, much better than the internet neckbeards. Real fans x

Sorry pal, was only messing in response to the standard anti-wongaloid horseshit. Hope your stream was okay, keep fighting the good fight.

Ritchie has been like this for months, but his little radge act gets everyone sat around me on their feet. Its transparent and masks his inherent lack of ability. The checking back might as well be handed to his marker as a written invitation...So Fckin predictable.

Shelvey needs another few weeks on the training ground...not match ready in the slightest.

Guest firetotheworks

Give the youngsters a chance.

Longstaff, Cal Roberts and Sorensen.

What's there to loose. What we're doing now is just not working anyway.

The extra 'o' in loose, for a start.

Unless we're stranded at the bottom of the league there's no point in not playing the players we are now.