The other games today 2019/20

Greg

You're either offside or not. Love it that they are so strict when the technology to be so is there.

There has to be some leeway like. You're taking away the joy of scoring when you have to hold off celebrating just in case your striker's lace came undone and was dangling offside.

Why does there have to be leeway? That just allows the sort of subjective decisions that favour big clubs and home teams.

To me, the rule should be based around the position of the players' feet, for a start. By leeway I mean let's not start disallowing goals based on how far forward a player is leaning, or where their arms are, or how big their hands are... If you're going to use VAR to judge offsides, it can only really be a "clear and obvious" mistake from the on-field officials if the attacker's stride is ahead of the defender's IMO. 

I completely agree that they need to examine the offside laws in the light of VAR, and I think that the player's feet is a good starting point.

That was more offside than the first one. :lol: it's all dependent on which frame they decide to choose, I don't believe there's anything in the laws of the game about that funnily enough.

Exactly, they have deliberately not shown the full replay for this exact reason. This is how bigger clubs in future will be given the advantage.

Guest neesy111

Just scrap offsides. Stupid rule that adds nothing to the game now that teams use 11 players in defence.

Nope.