The other games today 2019/20

Greg

I see Odegaard started for Real tonight, finally becoming something?

Yeah he did really well for Sociedad last season. Was supposed to be there on a 2 year loan, but Madrid cut it short to bring him back.

Was taken off at half time. No idea if he was injured. Kroos came off too but he was confirmed injured.

Barcelona may be in turmoil but with Real Madrid relying on Benzema and Ramos they may end up winning the league by default. They've technically got a better front line.

Not think Atleti have a chance?

I see Odegaard started for Real tonight, finally becoming something?

Yeah he did really well for Sociedad last season. Was supposed to be there on a 2 year loan, but Madrid cut it short to bring him back.

Was taken off at half time. No idea if he was injured. Kroos came off too but he was confirmed injured.

Barcelona may be in turmoil but with Real Madrid relying on Benzema and Ramos they may end up winning the league by default. They've technically got a better front line.

Not think Atleti have a chance?

They've got a really good team on paper but I worry how many years they can keep playing this hard working, defensive style before Simone burns the players out. They were very inconsistent last year. I'm curious how Suarez fits into this team.

Guest neesy111

If we're talking about the Real penalty then we're in the same camp. Genuinely didn't know what he'd given it for, even after the VAR.

Yeap, how on earth can that be deliberate or in an unnatural position when he's falling down.

Burnley are awful like. Could see Dyche going and these dropping.

Three from Fulham, WBA, Sheff Utd and Burnley imo.

And Newcastle.

I'd hoy West Ham into the mix too. Imagine how bad they must be if they made us look good.

Find it weird how seldom goalkeepers choose to stand still. They always dive on Troy Deeney penalties when everyone knows he's going to smash it down the middle. Dubravka did it twice when we played them at the end of last season.

Find it weird how seldom goalkeepers choose to stand still. They always dive on Troy Deeney penalties when everyone knows he's going to smash it down the middle. Dubravka did it twice when we played them at the end of last season.

All the keepers research the penalty takers before every game, too. Which makes it all the more weird.

If you get it right, you score though. How often does the keeper just stand still?

Unless you’re Jenas.

But why bother? Just pick an area of the goal you want to score and get on with it.

Its not like it will get nominated for any goal of the month awards, its just unnecessary especially if its a penalty to win the match.

It really should be more common for keepers to wait until after the penalty is taken to make their move. At least it forces the taker to hit a good penalty.

Agreed. Actually started typing similar but worded it terribly and gave up. :lol:

You'd figure long-term you'd be more successful mopping up those shit pens than getting lucky.

If you just stand still until it’s kicked though, the chances of saving it either side is pretty slim. At least if you pick a side you give yourself a chance. People like Deeney who you know is going to smash down the middle like Wullie says is a bit different but it’s not often you’ll get ‘panenka’d’ if you guess a side.