The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Not that anybody cares, but the ref in our friendly with Juve just denied us one of the most blatant penalties I have ever seen :lol:.

Welcome to our world :laugh:

:lol: Oh no, I mean, it's Juve. It's the same world it always was.

Not that anybody cares, but the ref in our friendly with Juve just denied us one of the most blatant penalties I have ever seen :lol:.

How's the saviour of Irish football doing?

He did well :lol:. We had all kinds of random kids playing today, and it was a fantastic match. Watch the Kane goal if you get a chance.

I'm really excited about Parrott but it's so, so early.

Sorry for this aside (because I was thinking about this) I'm still more divorced from football now than I've ever been. It's an acid test really - my team are in the best position they've been for nearly sixty years, and yet I'm walking away. If I was (God forbid) in your Ashley-fied position I'd have probably done it years ago. I didn't even know the first game was today, but happened to be up and online and stumbled across it.

I might have to re-watch it though to assess Parrott properly :lol:. Have you seen much of him?

He did well :lol:. We had all kinds of random kids playing today, and it was a fantastic match. Watch the Kane goal if you get a chance.

Sorry for this aside (because I was thinking about this) I'm still more divorced from football now than I've ever been. It's an acid test really - my team are in the best position they've been for nearly sixty years, and yet I'm walking away. If I was (God forbid) in your Ashley-fied position I'd have probably done it years ago. I didn't even know the first game was today, but happened to be up and online and stumbled across it.

I might have to re-watch it though to assess Parrott properly :lol:. Have you seen much of him?

Nah just some of him in underage Irish games. Seems to be the most hyped Irish young player in a long time though. Pity he's not with the Irish u19s in the Euros who have a good chance of going through to the knockouts today. Also missed the u17 Euros through injury earlier this summer. He's ridiculously young like so no panic just yet but very encouraging for him to be involved with the first team at this stage

Nah just some of him in underage Irish games. Seems to be the most hyped Irish young player in a long time though. Pity he's not with the Irish u19s in the Euros who have a good chance of going through to the knockouts today. Also missed the u17 Euros through injury earlier this summer. He's ridiculously young like so no panic just yet but very encouraging for him to be involved with the first team at this stage

Yeah, I've seen a lot of him at the youth level and he seems to be legit. It's a huge, huge thing that he got the start today and seems to be considered as the most direct replacement for Kane. Poch's use of younger players is really distinctive. He's generally reluctant to put them in unless they have terrific attitude and he has complete faith in them - just talent alone is nowhere near enough, and age doesn't seem to factor in. There's a long list of kids who looked great and we expected Poch to integrate into the first team but who have fallen by the wayside, and a number of kids who seemed pretty limited in talent but who've been given extended opportunities. Poch obviously has a very clear idea of what he wants from them.

It made me nervous to not have direct cover for Kane, but if we can possibly get Lo Celso and keep Eriksen then we have so many options going forward with Son and Moura. I feel like in my magic perfect world this is the perfect situation for Parrott. If we let Llorente go and don't bring another forward in he should get loads of opportunities to develop as a player.

There's a kid called Joe Hodge in midfield for Ireland in the Euro u19s and I think there's a decent chance he'll play for the England senior team in the future. Only 16 and looks class

We're through to the Euro u19 semis but the ref has just given our two best players yellows for nothing to put them out of the semis. Disgrace

Where's the ref from and who are you going to be playing?

We're through to the Euro u19 semis but the ref has just given our two best players yellows for nothing to put them out of the semis. Disgrace

Where's the ref from and who are you going to be playing?

Ref from Greece, playing Portugal, can't see us doing anything now. Already missing most of our best players like Parrott, Idah, Connolly because they're with their clubs and now our captain, and striker as well

Just seen the Sissoko stamp :anguish:

Did the same against us and got away with it then too.

VAR is needed.

Did you see Zlatan’s elbow on the LAFC player? Poor guy is going to require facial surgery.

Nope was it intentional?

They have VAR so i’m assuming if it was he probably didn’t get away with it :thup:

VAR is needed.

Did you see Zlatan’s elbow on the LAFC player? Poor guy is going to require facial surgery.

Nope was it intentional?

They have VAR so i’m assuming if it was he probably didn’t get away with it :thup:

When it comes to elbows - Zlatan and Fellaini are both the same

VAR is needed.

Nope was it intentional?

They didn’t check it but I think it was because it looked a little innocuous but on closer inspection, it seems intentional. He’s also avoided a suspension after a review. Was issued a warning.