The other games today 2019/20

Greg

Villa are so one dimensional, every time they attack, they alway look for Grealish, its like the other players can't think for themselves.

if you could take grealish and put him in an existing PL side that would compliment and improve him and that he would improve who would it be, spurs perhaps?

I dont think he would guarantee games at one of the top four.

Surprisingly I'd say Wolves :lol: but he wouldn't do the dirty on Villa.

Or Man Utd, their midfield is shit.

you think he's a CM?  ACM/10 for me pulling the strings with runner off him...that's why i said spurs, could take the role eriksen vacated

No I was saying midfield in general. I see him as a player who can cover a few roles in the midfield though. Hes been everywhere today dropping off, attacking, wide. I just think spurs still have good options and he wouldn't necessarily be a consistent starter. Man Utd he would suit playing off Rashford.

Plus with spurs, Mourinho is a bit of a narcissist so it might start well but end badly for him.

Villa are so one dimensional, every time they attack, they alway look for Grealish, its like the other players can't think for themselves.

if you could take grealish and put him in an existing PL side that would compliment and improve him and that he would improve who would it be, spurs perhaps?

you think he's a CM?  ACM/10 for me pulling the strings with runner off him...that's why i said spurs, could take the role eriksen vacated

No I was saying midfield in general. I see him as a player who can cover a few roles in the midfield though. Hes been everywhere today dropping off, attacking, wide. I just think spurs still have good options and he wouldn't necessarily be a consistent starter. Man Utd he would suit playing off Rashford.

i think that's what they've bought fernandes for really but yeah maybe, dunno just thought it was an interesting question cause everyone seems to rate him but i'm not personally sure what kind of team he'd thrive most in, i.e. counter-attack, possession etc.

Brentford have halved the gap between them and the top 2 in their two games since coming back, those games were against Fulham who were in 3rd place, and WBA who are joint top. They are now only 5 points behind WBA with a much better goal difference.

they've done great with that appointment after the lad went to villa like, swansea-esque, would like to see a wildcard like them make it up myself

Aye, they have invested well and appear to be a massive community minded club. Their owner goes with a philosophy of using stats to identify the best players and coaches.

They are the type of club who you want to have as a success story about moving up the leagues, and not just Rugby town clubs who have had ‘Me too’ attitudes with getting on the Premier League gravy train. If they came up and say they had a couple of years of stabilising in the Premier League, you know the owner would want to push towards the top 10/European places, rather than being happy making the numbers up and watching the money roll in.

Villa and Fulham proof of how hard it is to stay up after promotion like. Both threw money at it and looks like they’ll drop. The other way is to gamble like Huddersfield and Sheff Utd this year and stick with the side that came up, but Norwich and others are proof you can’t always rely on that either.

i think that's what they've bought fernandes for really but yeah maybe, dunno just thought it was an interesting question cause everyone seems to rate him but i'm not personally sure what kind of team he'd thrive most in, i.e. counter-attack, possession etc.

I'd forgotten about Bruno Fernandes. But yes, having better midfielders is a necessity for a club of Man Uniteds size.

If Pogba leaves, and you look at their so called big names there isn't many.

Villa and Fulham proof of how hard it is to stay up after promotion like. Both threw money at it and looks like they’ll drop. The other way is to gamble like Huddersfield and Sheff Utd this year and stick with the side that came up, but Norwich and others are proof you can’t always rely on that either.

I’d argue that neither Fulham, Villa, or Norwich were good enough in the first place.

Both Villa and Fulham went up via the play offs. Both of them won it ahead of better teams. Villa only got into the play offs because of a late run of form. Arguably they only had 1 Premier League quality player in their squad, and he was good enough to push the team further ahead of where their ability really lies.

Fulham only really took advantage of other teams around them being in a period of transition. Norwich, I struggle to think how they came up. They are so weak defensively.

Do you think its buying the right players though? At the time Villa were making signings, they were coming through the door like one a day :lol:. It all seemed rushed and they were buying a new team that didn't know each other. They had better players in the championship on loan with Tuanzebe and Abraham.

Sheffield seem to have been patient and savvy with their recruitment.

Villa’s best chance seem to be hoping that Palace and Everton are in holiday mode by the time they play them. They play West Ham away on the last day of the season as well. Imagine if they were playing that game knowing that both teams were down.

Do you think its buying the right players though? At the time Villa were making signings, they were coming through the door like one a day :lol:. It all seemed rushed and they were buying a new team that didn't know each other. They had better players in the championship on loan with Tuanzebe and Abraham.

Can you see them maintaining it and progressing? I think Sheff Utd will find it very tough next season. They might still drop to around 12-13th this season after everything and they’ve been poor since the restart. Momentum over?

Guest neesy111

I didn’t realise Cocu has picked up with Derby too. Looked like he might get the sack before Rooney signed, I even though by the time he came in January it’d be as Player Manager. Good chance of making the Play-Offs now.

Cardiff have picked up as well.

I didn’t realise Cocu has picked up with Derby too. Looked like he might get the sack before Rooney signed, I even though by the time he came in January it’d be as Player Manager. Good chance of making the Play-Offs now.

They've won the most points in the league since New Year's

Can you see them maintaining it and progressing? I think Sheff Utd will find it very tough next season. They might still drop to around 12-13th this season after everything and they’ve been poor since the restart. Momentum over?

Possibly.

What could happen is that Wilder will not be shown the respect if results slip. When you're on the up nothing really happens, but 4,5,6 defeats and you end up in the sack race pretty quick. I think wilder has to sign players that he can connect with, if they're signed over his head and he just has to work with them, then possibly problems start. He seems like the kind of bloke who takes no crap,if you wiki his history although not at the top level, he's started in the football wilderness and progressed to the top league.

If only they had a World Cup winning keepr on their bench

If only they did and he didn’t have broken fingers.

Pepe Reina doesn't have broken fingers and is a world cup winning GK.

World Cup winning cheerleader really