Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest godzilla

Can we have a vote for if people believe this conman will take us over or not :laugh:

Honestly you're off your tits

Seeing 'Newcastle' on the list of potential destinations for players like Mbappe, Ramos and Bale is just plain f***ing weird.  Gonna take a hell of a lot of getting used to if this actually happens

We're not getting daft levels of money to spend, people don't think that do they? Normal owners pls, grow commercial revenue maybe invest a bit. Keep Rafa and build the club slowly. That's all we need.

I don’t understand why the Bin Zayed group is releasing these statements unless they are annoyed by incorrect information being circulated in the press. However their statements are specific enough I think we would have absolutely gotten a statement from Ashley/the club if they were completely making it up.

I dont think they are making everything up but I dont see why they'd release these if the deal was a matter of days/a week from completion. They are playing something, probably trying to push Ashley.

Think we'll be waiting for a while to see if anything happens.

E; I mean it wouldnt make sense to be that annoyed if they knew they could complete the deal soon. Then none of this would matter or be remembered.

Because people outside UAE are shouting for further info from them

You really have to question the motive behind all these press releases. For me they mean that they arent very close at all. If they were what would be the point?

If the deal is done and dusted pending PL approval, as it's likely to be given the nature of the stories we've had (The Sun never ran an article outright stating "club sold" during the Kenyon/Staveley bids) there's probably no reason not to make statements to reassure fans, the manager, players, etc.

They also probably didn't anticipate the amount of made up shit being thrown around by clueless journalists completely in the dark. And because it's Mike Ashley there's probably people within the club who have no idea what's going on. I imagine Charnley is shitting bricks at the moment as he's about to be unemployed, and I can see Ashley not bothering to give him a call.

This from the Chronic back in Oct '18

Official #NUFC Fan Forum back in Sept-18 has a section about “Sale of the club”...Translates to: external law firm that asks for proof of funds at the preliminary stage of negotiations” [Chronicle 16/10/18].

Yet in the last day or so Chronicle writers happy to go with spin that no proof of funds has been forthcoming.

By their own previous reporting, and club statement in that fans forum, in order to access Data Room 'proof of funds' must have been satisfactorily met.

Mohsin Khan @mkhan185

This means that it’s highly unlikely that Bin Zayed Group would have even got a meeting with MA until these basic checks had been carried out on vetting them & their credibility.

Though why this Club-stated approach appeared to not have been strictly followed for Kenton’s unclear.  (Bacause that one was never real?)

BZG signed an NDA towards the back end of 2018, and respected that NDA entirely until this news leaked recently. Who did that is unclear, but it’s not like #NUFC have kicked up a fuss about it, which suggests they were fine with it (or orchestrated its release)   

'Here's our chance to stop talking to Rafa then fuck off the deal'

To get to a stage where NDA’s are signed and access to the books/data room is granted - from what I can tell - requires some level of credibility to exist, let alone agree on certain terms, structure of payments & put pen to paper.

Seeing 'Newcastle' on the list of potential destinations for players like Mbappe, Ramos and Bale is just plain fucking weird.  Gonna take a hell of a lot of getting used to if this actually happens

:lol:

I'm not sure you have to worry about those kind of links tbh.

Don't know where I saw it but didn't someone tweet that the club had confirmed that a price had been agreed?

Technically yes

The club confirms that “the first statement” is correct

First statement = terms agreed

Seeing 'Newcastle' on the list of potential destinations for players like Mbappe, Ramos and Bale is just plain fucking weird.  Gonna take a hell of a lot of getting used to if this actually happens

:lol: Wait, what?

will check back in in 2 hours see if the statement is there,because that before was not a statement :why cant they approach this midhat  guy and get a verbal confirmation

Seeing 'Newcastle' on the list of potential destinations for players like Mbappe, Ramos and Bale is just plain f***ing weird.  Gonna take a hell of a lot of getting used to if this actually happens

We're not getting daft levels of money to spend, people don't think that do they? Normal owners pls, grow commercial revenue maybe invest a bit. Keep Rafa and build the club slowly. That's all we need.

Agree with the sentiment, no top tier player in demand would want to come here other than for money and as we've seen with ManU that's a risky policy to employ. It worked initially for the likes of Man City and Chelsea because they were in early on the "overnight transformation through oil money" phase and pre-FFP too, now it's a different climate and we'd just end up with more Duffs or Owens, the biggish name rejects from CL sides looking for an easy payday.

Having said that, an initial injection to fund 5-6 first team classic Rafa targets (i.e. players not many people will have heard of) would be big for us. We're not that far off from the pack of European hopefuls (Leicester/Evert/Wolves/etc).

No, the links alone are weird to see I mean

will check back in in 2 hours see if the statement is there,because that before was not a statement :why cant they approach this midhat  guy and get a verbal confirmation

Jesus christ man.

We want to know stuff!

*gets told stuff.

We want to know more stuff in verbal form none of this written word nonsense!

Think I have mad my mind up that the takeover is real and these local journos are out of the loop. Scrambling all over the place to get their stories out yet they are being getting everything wrong or irrelevant coming their way. These sheikh are two steps ahead of what the journos are just reporting.