Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

People need to read clearly. Read it again below, they say the fit and proper test takes time, and they are / will do whatever is needed during this. That is all they said. Not that it's started, not that it's done.

"The so called fit-and-proper Premier League process is a standard procedure which will take time, and we are doing all we can to assist the Premier League during this process." - BZG

Good lad, this is to what I was referring.

“Sportsmail understands the Premier League have yet to receive anything from the group in relation to a process that would determine if they meet the 'owners and directors test' criteria.” #NUFC

“Sources close to the club have confirmed that a 'heads of agreement' document was submitted to the Premier League by Newcastle and was signed by both parties. This, however, informs them that a price has been agreed and does not trigger a formal takeover process.” #nufc

“There is actually some bemusement among several sources at the manner in which a group led by Sheik Khaled bin Zayed, and seemingly represented by Kidwai, are conducting their business via the media.” #nufc

Hmmm, this is concerning. I was thinking earlier whether all that had been sent to the Premier League was a letter signed by both parties informing them a deal was progressing and to expect further documentation

How's it concerning a legal document signed by both parties has been submitted. There is not a cats hell in chance the PL would comment on any documentation received, total bullshit again without any shred of proof. Why don't people understand that there could be legal consequences for fraudulent information being made public. The group named Ashley and stated he has signed legal documentation. If this wasn't true then he would be the first person to come out and dispute this. Honestly man some people  :lol: :lol:

And it’s not the PL they’ve got that info from. It’s sources close to the club.

Which tells you everything you need to know  :lol: :lol:

I’m not really sure I follow your whole argument. The group are saying one set of documentation had been submitted (ie the fit and proper test docs) and the club sources are saying they haven’t and that it’s only the agreement on price (ie Heads of agreement) that has been submitted. PL haven’t commented at all and so what is it that you are expecting Ashley to come out and refute?

The group haven't claimed to have submitted fit and proper person documents yet.

Eh? They have. The ‘so called fit and proper test’ remember?

Read it again. They say they have handed in agreement documents and then say that the fit and proper persons test can take a couple of weeks. They dont claim to have given anything. That was my take.

Yeah, apologies you’re right. They just say the test takes time and they are assisting the PL league with it, no mention of having actually submitted fit and proper documents.

some guy on totalsport says he lives in Dubai and its seen as seriously bad if the media over there reports something that isn't true and the talk over there is that it could be done as soon as Friday

There's no way this Bin Zayed Group would want to lose face with an aborted bid, as the concept of personal dignity, honour and protecting one’s reputation is very important in the Middle East, particularly in the business world.

That was always my impression of the culture over there, was quite surprised to hear that anyone with any sort of connections high up would be involved in bullshit like fake bids.

well aye but its already happened before with Liverpool

Also with their $2billion Telangana investment agreement too.

Always full of promise but is there ever actual proof of investment with these lot :nope:

Where can we find the talk of it being a scam that you alluded to earlier?

This is a bit of a comedy show at the moment..will he, won't he? Does he have the cash...doesnt he? Who is he even (to the journalists at least). Does he even give 2 fucks about Rafa? What have his companies actually done? No-one fucking knows a thing. 

To be honest all this talk in the media from them isn't a very good sign going forward if this does actually turn out to be true. Coming across very amateurish....a bit like their website. That is a fucking HUGE red flag surely.

Local responses to their most notable investment agreement.

“Hundreds of MoUs,Many of foreign Investment,Lots of promises..Yet no employment rise and infrastructure is under developed”

“Nice first step with an MOU. Looking forward to hear about actual contract funding for specified projects.”

“Why are these news not covered in state or national media”

“Good news... hopefully it won’t turn out to be another scam”

It was probably just another big investment agreement that they didn’t deliver on :rolleyes:

They seem to just want to have a history of agreements that make them seem wealthy I’d love them to actually prove it for once :thup:

Also, if our wonderful journalists did some fucking research.

You can agree to a deal and submit the paperwork to the PL prior to the owner & director test/ aka the fit and proper test. These can be submitted by the club. It's their notification to the PL that their club is having either director or owner change. A club usually won't submit this paperwork until they feel like the deal will close. So for all we know, this could be sitting in MAs court.

My remaining worry, is that both Kenyon and Staveley seemed under the impression that they had or would have agreements with him, only for him to pull the rug out at the fi  stages.

I hope they know who they are dealing with.

Confirms how I read the rules:

Neither here nor there really, but I figured I'd look up the procedures that trigger the owners' and directors' test. Under Rule F.4 of the Rules of the Premier League, Sheikh KbZ would have to give the PL an "Owners’ and Directors’ Declaration" in the form of PL Form 5 at least 10 working days before he becomes a Director (a defined term that includes a controlling owner). Upon submission of that declaration, the PL has 5 working days to tell the club whether the proposed Director is liable or not to be disqualified under the owners' and directors' test. Boring Milner, etc.

Any term sheet or binding agreement would have a contingency in it for passing the test. The seller really wouldn't usually have much of anything to say publicly unless and until it's clear that the buyer can actually own the club and the contingency is satisfied. Of course most clubs would also lock the buyer down with a NDA that makes even the fact that discussions are happening confidential information that can't be disclosed without the seller's agreement, but Ashley's gonna Ashley.

Some twitter user (lawyer) claimed that there's strong rumors of Richard Barham working on the deal with Ashley. That person then withdrew that and deleted his post. Yeah, it doesn't mean anything.

Who is he, beyond being the author of that article?

Guest Open_C

Why do (some) people have this sense of expectation that the fanbase should be kept posted on progress/legitimacy..? It's nowt to do with us :lol:

Guest godzilla

My remaining worry, is that both Kenyon and Staveley seemed under the impression that they had or would have agreements with him, only for him to pull the rug out at the fi  stages.

Not signed though big difference. You're right you can never underestimate Ashley, but we can only go off what we know. Ashley has signed a document to the deal and the group are saying everything has been agreed, which has not currently been denied by Ashley. I firmly believe he wants to sell to concentrate on what he does best (and he has lost a decent amount of revenue in this area also) and the £350 million quote would result in a decent profit against a 12 year period of free advertisement. 

Some twitter user (lawyer) claimed that there's strong rumors of Richard Barham working on the deal with Ashley. That person then withdrew that and deleted his post. Yeah, it doesn't mean anything.

Works for Dentons who Ashley was using to sell the club, was also involved in the Man City takeover.

“Hundreds of MoUs,Many of foreign Investment,Lots of promises..Yet no employment rise and infrastructure is under developed”

Seems they get a lot of that in that region fake mou investment agreements meaning you arn’t actually contracted to invest.

No wonder Sheikh Brendan Rodgers biggest “investment” was just a mou investment :laugh:

$2billion investment apparently.

If they’ve actually got that kind of money they will get the deal with us over the line but they won’t becuase they don’t deliver and they don’t have that money.

They didn’t for Liverpool and they won’t for us.

Seems they get a lot of that in that region fake mou investment agreements meaning you arn’t actually contracted to invest.

No wonder Sheikh Brendan Rodgers biggest “investment” was just a mou investment :laugh:

If they’ve actually got that kind of money they will get the deal with us over the line but they won’t becuase they don’t deliver and they don’t have that money.

Neil Mitchell who lives in Dubai and has very good contacts there says they're a big concern and have a good name in that part of the world. Why would he say that?

You’re as mad as a honey badger on acid, and as bi-polar two-face’s coin spinning for eternity but you’ve upped your entertainment game since the Eddie Howe days.  :lol:

One thing I can say with certainty is that this kind of shit show wouldn't be going on around a club that's run anywhere remotely close to competently.

struggle to see what the club has done wrong (in this case) they won't say anything until everythings done ashley and co aren't forcing this lot to mouth off to the press and its the very public nature of this is making me wary of this being true.

Honestly think only Ashley can fuck it up from here. I don't know if Luke Edwards sources are imaginary, but the talk that Ashley doesn't like deals done in public sounds just like the sort of stunt he has pulled previously. If he genuinely wants to sell then this should be sorted by Friday you would think.