Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Why would the PL issue a no comment on the matter of the fit & proper test and then go and tell Sportsmail it hasn't started? Also is it conceivable that the PL is also speaking in factual terms, so that they haven't started the process yet because maybe a) BZG haven't submitted everything yet, etc?

This is all so strange. Again, MA's silience on the matter is not surprising.

some guy on totalsport says he lives in Dubai and its seen as seriously bad if the media over there reports something that isn't true and the talk over there is that it could be done as soon as Friday

There's no way this Bin Zayed Group would want to lose face with an aborted bid, as the concept of personal dignity, honour and protecting one’s reputation is very important in the Middle East, particularly in the business world.

That was always my impression of the culture over there, was quite surprised to hear that anyone with any sort of connections high up would be involved in bullshit like fake bids.

well aye but its already happened before with Liverpool

With out luck, it will just be some mackem hacker. Hacked all their email accounts and having the time of his life. Judging by the groups hompage, they dont seem ”unhackable” 😂

Theres always the possibility that they are acting on behalf of another person but this guy is in a different league to Staveley and Kenyon.

Again, no official word from Ashley's team. Given the monumental cunt that he is, he would have quashed this by now.

some guy on totalsport says he lives in Dubai and its seen as seriously bad if the media over there reports something that isn't true and the talk over there is that it could be done as soon as Friday

There's no way this Bin Zayed Group would want to lose face with an aborted bid, as the concept of personal dignity, honour and protecting one’s reputation is very important in the Middle East, particularly in the business world.

That was always my impression of the culture over there, was quite surprised to hear that anyone with any sort of connections high up would be involved in bullshit like fake bids.

They had a "fake bid" for Liverpool? When did this happen?

“Sportsmail understands the Premier League have yet to receive anything from the group in relation to a process that would determine if they meet the 'owners and directors test' criteria.” #NUFC

“Sources close to the club have confirmed that a 'heads of agreement' document was submitted to the Premier League by Newcastle and was signed by both parties. This, however, informs them that a price has been agreed and does not trigger a formal takeover process.” #nufc

“There is actually some bemusement among several sources at the manner in which a group led by Sheik Khaled bin Zayed, and seemingly represented by Kidwai, are conducting their business via the media.” #nufc

Hmmm, this is concerning. I was thinking earlier whether all that had been sent to the Premier League was a letter signed by both parties informing them a deal was progressing and to expect further documentation

Guest covmag

Imagine having to give this fat cunt £350 million  :lol:

This is happening ...howay the lads  >:D

There is no source at the Premier League.

Only a few people who work for them would know of any information towards it, essentially only the people needed to know for them to carry out their checks. These will be highly trusted people as information like this will be highly sensitive and there would be severe legal consequences for them if they were handing out information like this. The best the Premier League will ever do is give a ‘no comment’ comment, and that will be given by someone who likely has no idea themselves.

The Mail are going on as if they are receiving information from an inner circle that no one else knows about. They should go back to doing what they do best and scaring OAP’s that they are going to lose their triple locked pension.

Also with their $2billion Telangana investment agreement too.

Always full of promise but is there ever actual proof of investment with these lot :nope:

Guest godzilla

“Sportsmail understands the Premier League have yet to receive anything from the group in relation to a process that would determine if they meet the 'owners and directors test' criteria.” #NUFC

“Sources close to the club have confirmed that a 'heads of agreement' document was submitted to the Premier League by Newcastle and was signed by both parties. This, however, informs them that a price has been agreed and does not trigger a formal takeover process.” #nufc

“There is actually some bemusement among several sources at the manner in which a group led by Sheik Khaled bin Zayed, and seemingly represented by Kidwai, are conducting their business via the media.” #nufc

Hmmm, this is concerning. I was thinking earlier whether all that had been sent to the Premier League was a letter signed by both parties informing them a deal was progressing and to expect further documentation

How's it concerning a legal document signed by both parties has been submitted. There is not a cats hell in chance the PL would comment on any documentation received, total bullshit again without any shred of proof. Why don't people understand that there could be legal consequences for fraudulent information being made public. The group named Ashley and stated he has signed legal documentation. If this wasn't true then he would be the first person to come out and dispute this. Honestly man some people  :lol: :lol:

no one has said they made a fake bid? since when did aborted mean fake?

Read Trons post.

If you cant see the difference between the Liverpool 2bn move and this one...

It really comes down to one thing. Are Bin Zayed Group telling the truth?

The rest of the Twitter and itk journos is irrelevant.

I personally don't think there'd be any point in lying about an offer from their point of view so I'm inclined to believe it's happening.

The hysteria around the whole thing has been minging like.

In short, it happen.

How's it concerning a legal document signed by both parties has been submitted. There is not a cats hell in chance the PL would comment on any documentation received, total bullshit again without any shred of proof. Why don't people understand that there could be legal consequences for fraudulent information being made public. The group named Ashley and stated he has signed legal documentation. If this wasn't true then he would be the first person to come out and dispute this. Honestly man some people  :lol: :lol:

Pretty much.

We would also be at the stage where Ashley would have publicly came out himself and said it was bullshit and would be taking legal action.

no one has said they made a fake bid? since when did aborted mean fake?

Read Trons post.

If you cant see the difference between the Liverpool 2bn move and this one...

think we have our wires crossed I was talking about what uncle bingo said. I think the bid is real.

Guest godzilla

Out of interest, how public were they with the Liverpool situation? I barely remember it being reported, no recollection of statements etc.

Nothing, Because nothing was agreed.

1. "Terms have been agreed between us and Mike Ashley; these terms have been reflected in a document, signed by both parties, which has been forwarded to the Premier League.The proof of funds statement was forwarded to Mike Ashley’s lawyers on 17 April 2019." - Statement from BZG

2. "Sources close to the club have confirmed that a 'heads of agreement' document was submitted to the Premier League by Newcastle and was signed by both parties." - Dailymail

3. "Although sources close to the club continue to privately deny that is the case and claim Newcastle’s owner, Mike Ashley, is yet to receive an official bid, they have not publicly denied anything said by the Bin Zayed Group this week." - Telegraph

BZG is saying they have agreed terms with MA, put them in writing, signed by both parties, and sent over to the PL. Dailymail says that "sources close to the club" have confirmed that a heads of agreement (or a non-binding letter of intent, in my world) has been signed by both parties and submitted to the PL

OK - the two points above check out.

Telegraph (edwards) says that MA has yet to receive an official bid. Again, in my world a heads of agreement or letter of intent outling price, terms, etc. that is signed is an official bid.

Out of interest, how public were they with the Liverpool situation? I barely remember it being reported, no recollection of statements etc.

Only one paper at the time made claims that there was no proof of funds etc. I remember at the time Liverpool owners were releasing info on SSN saying that the club is not for sale etc, I also think that the £2bn price tag is an indication of that.

Also with their $2billion Telangana investment agreement too.

Always full of promise but is there ever actual proof of investment with these lot :nope:

Ah, and your extensive knowledge on multi billion middle-east investment groups is spell binding.

This group makes shit tonnes of money and they dont do it selling knock off sports socks, man.