Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Y’all, man! This feels like it’s going to happen. But they also submitted the original offer/takeover bid in mid-April. We just found out about it now and that doesn’t mean it’ll happen in 48/72 hours. It’s already been in the works for well over a month.

Let it breathe. Hands clasped ?? and fingers crossed. We’re out of this mess soon.

Still not sure what to believe. I guess I'm 50/50, or maybe even leaning towards that it might happen. If it does happen I'm pretty sure there will still be more than a handful of twists and turns. Can't see it happening tomorrow even though I I wish it so damn much. This is Newcastle, IF it's gonna happen we're gonna have to suffer more first :lol:

I think it's worth reading George Caulkins recent tweets and keeping a healthy perspective on this, especially considering what we've had to put up with in the past. If this does indeed go through the euphoria will be the same either way.

Guest godzilla

I think it's worth reading George Caulkins recent tweets and keeping a healthy perspective on this, especially considering what we've had to put up with in the past. If this does indeed go through the euphoria will be the same either way.

Is his twitter down as it's coming up with page doesn't exist when I try?

edit : found it

The silence from the club and the premier league is deafening. Think if there was nothing in this it would have been written off by now, surely?

I'm liking the chances more and more. Would be a tremendous start to the summer.

Guest godzilla

I'm 30/70 against at best at the moment

I will be 100% out if nothing is announced by the end of tomorrow

You're like a cat on a hot tin roof, up and down every few posts  ;D ;D ;D

I have to admit, and I might get some heat for this, but someone mentioned it earlier I think ... a Wolves type investment, or goodness even Bournemouth would suit me just fine.

Think If we give Rafa that type of money we will be competing for the top 6 spots with no problems whatsoever. I also think it would be far sweeter for all of us.

Seeing these articles talking about Mbappe and Greizman has creeped me out a bit!

Guest godzilla

I have to admit, and I might get some heat for this, but someone mentioned it earlier I think ... a Wolves type investment, or goodness even Bournemouth would suit me just fine.

Think If we give Rafa that type of money we will be competing for the top 6 spots with no problems whatsoever. I also think it would be far sweeter for all of us.

Seeing these articles talking about Mbappe and Greizman has creeped me out a bit!

Anyone who wouldn't love a Man City type situation is talking absolute bollocks, but you're right if not then a clear direction of a club moving forward and attempting to improve is certainly a massive step in the direction we would want.

Yeah, a well run club would do me just fine.

However if we did get stupid amounts of money thrown at us, then so be it. It’s going to take even more money to knock Man City off their perch, and if that money if thrown at us, then so be it.

Anyone who wouldn't love a Man City type situation is talking absolute bollocks, but you're right if not then a clear direction of a club moving forward and attempting to improve is certainly a massive step in the direction we would want.

However if we did get stupid amounts of money thrown at us, then so be it. It’s going to take even more money to knock Man City off their perch, and if that money if thrown at us, then so be it.

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't complain don't get me wrong. I just think it would be more satisfying knocking some of those guys off without having to blow everyone out of the water. I have no doubts Rafa is the guy to do it too.

We'll see how it goes. I just can't believe in a few days Mike Ashley could potentially be leaving.

Just the thought of the manager being able to sign players he wants without all these long drawn out conversations and negotiations over the pettiest nonsense has me giddy!

Guest godzilla

Yeah, I certainly wouldn't complain don't get me wrong. I just think it would be more satisfying knocking some of those guys off without having to blow everyone out of the water. I have no doubts Rafa is the guy to do it too.

We'll see how it goes. I just can't believe in a few days Mike Ashley could potentially be leaving.

Just the thought of the manager being able to sign players he wants without all these long drawn out conversations and negotiations over the pettiest nonsense has me giddy!

O0

The Mbappe stuff is insane :lol: Even if we got a Man City type investment we wouldn't be signing players of that level straight away, City didn't get anyone like that for a while. They were signing players like Bellamy, Wayne Bridge and Nigel De Jong.

The Mbappe stuff is insane :lol: Even if we got a Man City type investment we wouldn't be signing players of that level straight away, City didn't get anyone like that for a while. They were signing players like Bellamy, Wayne Bridge and Nigel De Jong.

My memory may be failing me, but I think you're recalling the wrong Man City takeover?

Whys Friday a big day? That Twitter account was fake. And the plane rumours are bollocks arent they?

Ramandan finishes on the 4th June and after that there are 3 days of celebration for Eid (nothing will get done here!) so this Friday could see something happen but I am on call with work so can't have a drink until week on Friday so if they want they can delay any anouncement for a week

:idiot2:

Aren’t you in New Zealand??

My memory may be failing me, but I think you're recalling the wrong Man City takeover?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/sep/01/manchester-city-all-signings-10-years-abu-dhabi-united-group

Not according to this.

Guest Open_C

Y’all, man! This feels like it’s going to happen. But they also submitted the original offer/takeover bid in mid-April. We just found out about it now and that doesn’t mean it’ll happen in 48/72 hours. It’s already been in the works for well over a month.

Let it breathe. Hands clasped ?? and fingers crossed. We’re out of this mess soon.

A noble effort, and I agree 100% :thup: