Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Can’t wait to read more articles that no offer has come in yet. Still lacking the ability to grasp what a jointly signed term sheet / letter of intent / head of terms / head of agreement is in the world of business.

So this was all agreed in April and, for an undefined period of time, their 'fit and proper' test has been going on with the Premier League? No comment from the club or PL but that's not a bad thing - denial would be bad.

And this magical Friday coincides with several Dubai planes coming in and Ashley's return to the UK? Starting to accidentally get excited, knowing full well that Ashley has a history of randomly walking away from deals for no reason.

Was thinking about Robinho in particular ? those were all pretty high fees back then too. £100m in one season back then would be like £300m now.

A marquee signing and a few good players with premier league experience would be beyond my wildest dreams

Guest covmag

NE journo reputations have taken a huge hit because of this I reckon.

They rightly never had a reputation for me. Hopefully an eye opener for some as to their level of competency.

To be fair though sports journalism is the lowest form of the profession, especially football, seems it doesn’t have to be right, factual or to any standard. Thoughts are posted as facts hidden behind pretend sources and n one can call them out due to protecting their sources. I understand why they do in real cases, just know it’s a smokescreen to be able to spread more lies for more clicks and attention.

Mentioned it a few days ago, I never particularly liked Oliver & Gibson but they were a different level to what we’ve got now. I know back then they’ll have had closer contacts to the club and that aspect of football has changed a lot in the last 10-15 years, but the current crop are awful.

I remember wincing at some of that Chris Waugh’s articles when they used to crop up on NewsNow on some random site, with his ‘5 things we learned’ bollocks and the like, next thing he’s working for The Chronicle doing exactly the same thing.

:snod:

Has Ryder ever actually broke a story of any gravity?

ever?

I called him a fraud , he blocked me  :lol:

Fucking praying this becomes reality! Could you imagine starting the season with new owners, Rafa tied down to long term contract and new signings. The season ticket waiting list would be back no doubt!