Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Howay man. As if they'd start taking down Sports direct signs and replacing corporate seats before announcing anything. :lol:

New signs will be up soon and this takeover will fizzle out.

Maybe the club aren’t allowed to say it’s done or even close yet officially, so helping put out little hints instead. :yao:

Wonder how many skips it would take for all the signs in the ground.

If it was me buying the club I would open up the ground for fans and have a massive bornfire on the centre circle.

They’re metal

Anyone got some jet fuel?

On a serious note, there's no reason for Ashley to take down the SD signs. Even if he has sold the club, even if he has agreed to not continue advertising there, there's no reason for him to take down the signs. Could just leave them and let the next person deal with them, it's not like the new season starts tomorrow. There's plenty of time and no reason for him to do anything himself.

Guest godzilla

On a serious note, there's no reason for Ashley to take down the SD signs. Even if he has sold the club, even if he has agreed to not continue advertising there, there's no reason for him to take down the signs. Could just leave them and let the next person deal with them, it's not like the new season starts tomorrow. There's plenty of time and no reason for him to do anything himself.

Maybe they have requested it and he has agreed. Maybe they want to display a totally new image from the outset. I know maybe but worth bearing in mind.

Not sure why advertising boards would be the first thing to be taken down if there was a takeover mind.

One of the first things I’d insist on along with the East Stand lettering put back to its original.

Plus if they want photo ops at the ground they’ll not want that shite in the background

Apologies for the generalisation but my personal experience is that recruiters are the biggest bullshitters I deal with in business :lol:

Pretty fair generalisation :lol:

Thought showers was another, now thankfully defunct corporate bullshit phrase.

We always used to print out these (bit old now but you get the meaning) and play bullshit bingo in the opening plenary session with the GM at conference, until some knackered decided to jump up and shout ‘house’.

http://i.imgur.com/CqhrV21.jpg

You dont have the best one on there.....SYNERGY. I work in a corporate oil and gas office here in the US and some of these corporate bullshit words boul my p*ss to extreme levels. Only last week during a meeting I had one of the superintendents say to me " the water is low and the rocks are showing" apparently he meant we are in the s***. This c*** is a proper blue sky thinking ladder climber

It’s always the ladder climbers that spout this kind of s***. They want to sound clever to impress people above them and love to hear themselves talk.

I feel you could engage in a more purpose-driven implementation of the takeaways from this, LV.

:lol: shudder

Not sure why advertising boards would be the first thing to be taken down if there was a takeover mind.

Maybe the new owners are well aware of our hatred of the FCB and his tat emporium and are doing this to get us onside from the off?

It’s a positive sign. Apart from knowing it’s happening, we have no idea as to the nature of the deal.

I was worried Mike Ashley would insist on SD getting advertising space in the ground and control of the merchandise.

Does anyone know when our deal with Puma will run out?

One of the first things I’d insist on along with the East Stand lettering put back to its original.

Plus if they want photo ops at the ground they’ll not want that shite in the background

Aye but we have put up with his shit for 12 years. Probably not a big deal to an outsider coming in