Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

I guess the quietness should be a good thing but seeing so many UK journos being unconvinced has me nervous. One negative article? Fine. But it's more than that.

Also not a fan of the "all good" updates, which scream amateurs to me.

Guess my opinion now hinges on Caulkin's opinion.

Guest godzilla

I don’t really get it. ‘Takeover talks’ were reportedly finished, and the paperwork was with the league.

Do we have good evidence that contradicts that?

I know it’s frustrating for everyone but just wait and see is the only sensible reaction. Pointless trying to judge if things are more or less likely day-by-day. Journalists need to do that to sell advertising, we don’t.

Totally agree

I guess the quietness should be a good thing but seeing so many UK journos being unconvinced has me nervous. One negative article? Fine. But it's more than that.

This is where I’m at.

Guest godzilla

Was there official statements last time from Ashley about staveley and Kenyon? Or was it just sources then too....?

For Staveley there was, but there was nothing regarding Kenyon.

Think with Kenyon he basically admitted himself he was struggling to raise the funds.

Guest godzilla

They're being hounded every day and if they don't say anything then everyone immediately goes on a huge doubt campaign, bit like this place. One tweet about signs and the whole place implodes. Actually thought it was a stupid suggestion about locking this thread until something official is released, not so sure now.

Was there official statements last time from Ashley about staveley and Kenyon? Or was it just sources then too....?

For Staveley there was, but there was nothing regarding Kenyon.

Whilst not naming Kenyon, Ashley went on Sky News saying a takeover was 'further on than ever before' around the time Kenyons interested had been reported though, didn't he?

We have seen this game before from Ashley if nobody meets his unreasonable demands then smear them in the press by saying they don't have the backing to meet his price. I don't like how this is playing out now.

My thoughts entirely.

But he's not doing this, how does the tweet above indicate in anyway that Ashley is saying they don't have the backing to meet his price?

Their sources are obviously in and around the club or Ashley. He maybe making no comment officially but is he passing info to sources that tell the press?

Again I'll ask how does that tweet indicate Ashley saying they don't have the backing to meet the price? No official word has come from Ashley or the club and until they do we can only go on the official information which has been released from the group, that a company has been created, that Ashley has shut down several companies and it looks like the signs have actully started being taken down. The media have been virtually silent these last few days as they don't know what is going on. Typical fans hear nothing for a few days and doom and gloom (I am suprised by you mind as you have been pretty much saying the same all the way through). I'm convinced we will get official word either this week or next.

I’m trying to stay positive I just don’t understand how all the local and some national journalists are saying the same things and there being no truth to it. They can’t all be guessing. If it was a concrete fact that proof of funds were submitted it’d be 99% certain it was happening.

Where theres smoke theres fire.

My e cig in none combustion.

Guest godzilla

We feel this group constantly signing multi billion dollar deals and who have already provided proof of funds do not have the funds.

Exactly

I thought Ashley had always (as long as he talked about selling) valued the club at 350.  IIRC, he based it off his purchase price plus the interest free loan he immediately put into the club to clear up the debt he discovered after purchase.

And, maybe I'm whistling past the cemetery but this doesn't feel like the other fakeovers, which were used to bullshit everyone.

Ashley's value is always 50m more than anyone offers and will remain so for the foreseeable.

Although this time it’s reported they’ve agreed on a price.

I’m still a little bit confident but seems strange that every uk journo that writes about it suggest it’s far from being done, no proof of funds, pl not starting their tests etc. Someone is telling them all something. It can’t all just be dour, negative guesswork

Its not helping when the Bin Zayed Group and the media in Dubai are so certain its going to happen.

It's another red flag for me. Surely they'd just shut the fuck up and complete the deal if they are going to?

Or even release factual statements that enlighten us fans as to what stage they are at (rather than confuse everyone).

The fact they say things like "all good" or whatever and "the so called fit and proper process" should also ring alarm bells surely.

I’m still a little bit confident but seems strange that every uk journo that writes about it suggest it’s far from being done, no proof of funds, pl not starting their tests etc. Someone is telling them all something. It can’t all just be dour, negative guesswork

Its not helping when the Bin Zayed Group and the media in Dubai are so certain its going to happen.

Agreed. I had assumed they had showed proof of funds. Now I’m not so sure.

It's strange really, if they provided proof of funds April 23rd (or around that date) surely they have had time to complete the owners and directors test (or the so called fit and proper process :lol:) by now. Unless Ashley has stopped communicating with them or pulled some other trick?