Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest chopey

I wonder how Ashley will screw us over today surely the stadium naming rights are back on the table or banning the Food Bank from collecting outside the Number Nine bar on match days.

Would love to be a fly on the wall of the negotiations.  I’ve heard it mentioned a few times by the itks that Ashley wants to retain sports direct advertising rights and merchandising.  I wonder how much he wants to up the price for not keeping those rights if the buyer wanted a clean slate.  Would be interesting to hear what Ashley values these at after paying nothing for them for a decade.

I wonder how Ashley will screw us over today surely the stadium naming rights are back on the table or banning the Food Bank from collecting outside the Number Nine bar on match days.

He'll probably buy out Cadbury.

Is Douglas changing his tune then? From not imminent to imminent perhaps? Does he now know its happening? He has been vocal about doubting this deal all along.

I recon its either him back peddling because he knows something or simply hedging his bets. The 3x tweet collection indicates he has no new news but has always been a let's wait and see kind of person regards the take over which is pure bollocks.

Has to be the worst thread in forum history now.

Disagree. This has to be the weirdest ever thread I've seen. We've gone from takeover, Sonyas bits, biscuits, marmite, Bovril.......this thread is history in the making. One future generations will read and marvel at. A time when NUFC have just won the world soccer/football championship will be reflected in this awesome thread that will have reached a zillion pages.........

(Oh, and I used to have a Bovril drink at half time in SJP in the 60's. Still love the stuff.....rock on boys!

Biscuit tiers:

Awful: Fig rolls,  Tea Cakes, ginger nuts.

Acceptable: Rich Tea, chocolate chip cookies, malted milk, shortbread, digestives, custard cream

Good: Chocolate Fingers, Chocolate Digestives, Jaffa Cakes, bourbons, jammie Dodgers.

God: Viennese, Chocolate Hobnobs.

Chocolate or regular bourbons?

Disagree. This has to be the weirdest ever thread I've seen. We've gone from takeover, Sonyas bits, biscuits, marmite, Bovril.......this thread is history in the making. One future generations will read and marvel at. A time when NUFC have just won the world soccer/football championship will be reflected in this awesome thread that will have reached a zillion pages.........

(Oh, and I used to have a Bovril drink at half time in SJP in the 60's. Still love the stuff.....rock on boys!

Nah, it's aids. Wish I could stop checking it ?

Guest chopey

Biscuit tiers:

Awful: Fig rolls,  Tea Cakes, ginger nuts.

Acceptable: Rich Tea, chocolate chip cookies, malted milk, shortbread, digestives, custard cream

Good: Chocolate Fingers, Chocolate Digestives, Jaffa Cakes, bourbons, jammie Dodgers.

God: Viennese, Chocolate Hobnobs.

Chocolate or regular bourbons?

Chocolate bourbons? What is this witchcraft.

I have nothing to add other than that Cadbury's Dairy Milk is awful.

Cadbury's Dairy Milk Chocolate is (far and away) the best taste experience on the planet!

In the chocolate stakes, Kit Kat is next best.

Then, the third best taste in the W O R L D - is "Marmite on Toast".

Heaven !!!!!!!!!!!

If you like Marmite give Bovril on toast a whril. Honestly, Its not only the pengest of all extracts, but suprisingly the perfect accompaniment to toast.

Tried it, it is good, but prefer Marmite.

Grew up (till teens) eating Marmite and Beef Dripping on toast and in sandwiches.

Couldn't eat the Beef Dripping bit now mind . . ugh!

I think we're all just biased towards whatever chocolate we grew up with. Familiarity >>>> New tastes.

I'm not. I grew up poor, and only ever got poor chocolate. As soon as I broke free from my parent's crushing austerity, I bought better chocolate. And on the subject of biscuits (we were talking about cakes, but never mind) anybody that claims you can't beat a custard cream, is a creep.

Also Oreo's are shite. I'd rather have chlorinated chicken, thanks.

Oh aye. The half-time cup of Bovril was synonyous with a visit to SJP up until SJH took over. I'm sure it's back on the menu these days.