Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Can someone explain to me in excruciating detail why a Jaffa Cake is a Cake and not a biscuit, bar it having "cake" in its name instead of "biscuit"?

As was mentioned cake goes hard when stale, biscuits go soft.

My favourite VAT case was to determine whether Jaffa Cakes were indeed cakes and therefore have 0% VAT or chocolate biscuits and therefore have the full 20% VAT on them (Cake is a staple food, biscuits also a staple food but biscuits covered in chocolate are luxury items). McVities sell Jaffa Cakes in biscuit aisles in shops rather than with other cakes (more people shop in biscuit aisles) and package them as you would a biscuit but say they are cakes. HMRC said that if you want to sell them as biscuits they are biscuits.

Case went on for days until a plate were left out overnight and someone spotted that they went hard over night - voila cake.

So basically it is a cake because the law says so

There are similar cases surrounding normal chocolate and cooking chocolate - Kinnerton lost a case last year that cost them £250,000 in back VAT.

#bestpostontheinternetever

Love a viscount. They’re very cheap now too. You can get double packs for a quid.

My missus hates mint so I can leave them in the press knowing full well they won’t be touched ?

Seriously man, wtf has happened to this thread??

All of this biscuit stuff and not even one mention of an orange penguin or club. And which freak has a Viennese as his favourite biscuit  :knuppel2:

Orange Penguin is what I imagine paint stripper tastes like.

Seriously man, wtf has happened to this thread??

All of this biscuit stuff and not even one mention of an orange penguin or club. And which freak has a Viennese as his favourite biscuit  :knuppel2:

Double chocolate club was an absolute winner back in the day! Then they ruined all clubs by adding more biscuit and reducing the chocolate depth, cunts!

Top 5 in no particular order:

Chocolate caramel digestives

Tunnocks Caramel Wafer

Wagon Wheels

Chocolate Hobnobs

Chocolate fingers

Snack of Champions - Cadburys Pots of Joy

WHY has no-one mentioned Blue Riband ???