Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

The Bin Zayed Group is starting to look more and more dodgy to me to be honest, even if they do complete the take over it dosn't seem like they are the Man City type owners, not that we were expecting that but the fact that they couldn't complete the take over in time before Rafa leaves and Ashley starts selling our best players say a lot.

And one thing this summer really showed is how fucking clueless the local journos are.

Even if the next owners are shit - Ashley level shit - I don't care.  I can't imagine they'll be in control for 12 fucking years, so if we need new shit owners to get rid of current shit owners, then we can try new tactics on the new ones, so be it. At least we're moving forwards through owners towards a day when perhaps we have a half decent one.  They could be even more inept than Ashley, but I can't imagine anyone being more stubborn.

The Bin Zayed Group is starting to look more and more dodgy to me to be honest, even if they do complete the take over it dosn't seem like they are the Man City type owners, not that we were expecting that but the fact that they couldn't complete the take over in time before Rafa leaves and Ashley starts selling our best players say a lot.

And one thing this summer really showed is how fucking clueless the local journos are.

Even if the next owners are shit - Ashley level shit - I don't care.  I can't imagine they'll be in control for 12 fucking years, so if we need new shit owners to get rid of current shit owners, then we can try new tactics on the new ones, so be it. At least we're moving forwards through owners towards a day when perhaps we have a half decent one.  They could be even more inept than Ashley, but I can't imagine anyone being more stubborn.

All they'd have to do is maximise our commercial revenue and actually invest the money we generate, and we'd be 100% better off than we are now.

Nobody is asking for them to plough hundreds of millions into the playing staff, just spend what we earn and allow us to compete. I imagine most of us would be thrilled at that.

All they'd have to do is maximise our commercial revenue and actually invest the money we generate, and we'd be 100% better off than we are now.

Nobody is asking for them to plow hundreds of millions into the playing staff, just spend what we earn and allow us to compete. I imagine most of us would be thrilled at that.

We would be thrilled. The sad thing is that should just be the norm for any football club and not a big deal. For us it would be a big deal.

This has just been posted  ;D ;D ;D ;D

https://twitter.com/BinZayedEU/status/1148538017914793984

What did it say?

Take a look at Fake Sheikh (@BinZayedEU): https://twitter.com/BinZayedEU?s=09

First tweet posted by this bellend. Account was claiming to be a Bin Zayed Group European account.

Looks like it may have been deleted, it said:

"As part of our ongoing efforts towards expansion in the European Market. HH Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nehayan has completed the formal takeover of Newcastle United FC in the English Premier league on behalf of the Bin Zayed Group. A full statement will follow #nufc #BZG #Dubai"

If MA doesn't sell this summer (and i thought he'd get max value for the club with Rafa at the helm) then I don't see how he'll EVER get 350m at minimum again unless he 1) renovates the stadium completely 2) invests 50-100m in the squad and 3) builds new training facility. At this rate his team is worse in quality than last year, his facilities are unchanged, and he has no world class manager to prop any of this up. Relegation will NOT mean he sells - it's happened twice and he's thrown a wedge of money each time to get back up.

Honestly think we can put any hope of a takeover to bed now

If he Gives fat head the gig, then it looks like its an absolute non starter.

That would be not just a body blow, bot a combo of knockout proportions

I hope they're just making preparations in case the takeover doesn't go through. That's seriously wishful thinking though.

I think the minute they appoint anyone who isn't high calibre we have to assume the takeover is off.

If MA doesn't sell this summer (and i thought he'd get max value for the club with Rafa at the helm) then I don't see how he'll EVER get 350m at minimum again unless he 1) renovates the stadium completely 2) invests 50-100m in the squad and 3) builds new training facility. At this rate his team is worse in quality than last year, his facilities are unchanged, and he has no world class manager to prop any of this up. Relegation will NOT mean he sells - it's happened twice and he's thrown a wedge of money each time to get back up.

It will be interesting to see what he does when chucking money at a Premier League return finally doesnt work out.

That's been my theory/hope since we were promoted last time round. He will never get more money for selling the club. Its all down hill from here on in as far as that's concerned and if it goes down hill enough it will mean he takes less and less out and eventually there'll be nothing to take out. The degeneration as already begun.

Yet he's not going to sell.