Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Does Odin have credibility? I mean, sorry to be talking so openly about you Odin but your info is so good that I need to know that your not just a WUM.

And Greg, he's a mod, surely he wouldnt put his neck on the line? (Unless he was guessing)

All seems to good to be true. I'm severely hoping for a major scoop from someone like Caulkin, an exclusive interview confirming it or whatever.

As far goes Pinsent yes, I moonlight as a recruiter for high level positions. Legal is one of the areas I dabble in along with Localization and Digital. I’ve pinched a few for them (Pinsent Masons) in the last 2 years. Especially when they were setting up a new Dublin office.

I didn’t post all day yesterday as am on holidays in Italy right now but when I saw all the news yesterday evening I reached out to my guy and he was aware of it so I didn’t need to fish too much for the info.

The takeover is a formality at this stage I’ve been told. Pinsent have a big team working on this, I assume Ashley does too with his lawyers so it’ll get trashed out in due course.

The main thing now is for BZG to move funds into a holding account controlled by the law firm. He doesn’t know for sure as he’s not working directly on this but he says deals of this size are usually done in instalments over the course of a few weeks and if the club has been broken up into smaller pieces like it has, each transaction will be a tranch of parts of the club, until it’s all transferred over in full.

Told you :snod:

Hadn't heard the Benitez stuff, that's a big positive going into it. His plans aren't outrageous, he just wants us to fulfill our potential so I can see them getting on board with it pretty easily.

Does Odin have credibility? I mean, sorry to be talking so openly about you Odin but your info is so good that I need to know that your not just a WUM.

And Greg, he's a mod, surely he wouldnt put his neck on the line? (Unless he was guessing)

All seems to good to be true. I'm severely hoping for a major scoop from someone like Caulkin, an exclusive interview confirming it or whatever.

As far goes Pinsent yes, I moonlight as a recruiter for high level positions. Legal is one of the areas I dabble in along with Localization and Digital. I’ve pinched a few for them (Pinsent Masons) in the last 2 years. Especially when they were setting up a new Dublin office.

I didn’t post all day yesterday as am on holidays in Italy right now but when I saw all the news yesterday evening I reached out to my guy and he was aware of it so I didn’t need to fish too much for the info.

The takeover is a formality at this stage I’ve been told. Pinsent have a big team working on this, I assume Ashley does too with his lawyers so it’ll get trashed out in due course.

The main thing now is for BZG to move funds into a holding account controlled by the law firm. He doesn’t know for sure as he’s not working directly on this but he says deals of this size are usually done in instalments over the course of a few weeks and if the club has been broken up into smaller pieces like it has, each transaction will be a tranch of parts of the club, until it’s all transferred over in full.

SeAp9wz.gif

Well one things for sure you’re definitely moving in corporate circles, with the ‘reaching out’ stuff :lol:

Want to punch people at work when they say that.

Well one things for sure you’re definitely moving in corporate circles, with the ‘reaching out’ stuff :lol:

Corporate terminology is so cringe-worthy. "Blue sky thinking" is another that makes me :anguish:

Apologies for the generalisation but my personal experience is that recruiters are the biggest bullshitters I deal with in business :lol:

I did think that. They are selling something, so will say what it takes. :lol:

Edwards and Hope have been very quiet on yesterdays development. Either they are working out how not to embarrass themselves like Downie did or they are keeping their heads down before doing the whole "understand a deal is now closer," bullshit, like they have some sort of scoop.

Corporate terminology is so cringe-worthy. "Blue sky thinking" is another that makes me :anguish:

:lol: I worked with Americans for quite a few years and the bullshitty corporate expressions they use seem to cross the Atlantic a few years later.

We hired a "Blue Sky Thinker" about 25 years ago, that was his actual fucking job. Only lasted about six months though  :)

What the fuck is a blue sky thinker?!

Someone who thinks of ideas that sound great, but often are laced with problems/cost and can never truly operate as they are envisaged. :lol:

:lol: I worked with Americans for quite a few years and the bullshitty corporate expressions they use seem to cross the Atlantic a few years later.

We hired a "Blue Sky Thinker" about 25 years ago, that was his actual fucking job. Only lasted about six months though  :)

No surprise there. :lol:

:lol:

Back then it was a bloke who sat in his office and looked at the ceiling and tried come up with good ideas for investment etc.

Bit of a piss take really, always found plumbers and electricians much more useful  :)

Someone who thinks of ideas that sound great, but often are laced with problems/cost and can never truly operate as they are envisaged. :lol:

It was quickly changed to BS thinker as I recall