Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

I wouldn't be at all surprised to discover that Ashly has done exactly the same with Rafa, as he did with Shearer. I would be surprised by Rafa's silence, but then Charnley's probably in contact, filling him with shit.

Understand why you'd think that and can completely see why you'd reach that conclusion but all I'd say it that Rafa walking impacts the value of the club imho and would put any deal at risk or certainly open for renegotiation. On that basis, you'd think Ashley would want to keep Rafa broadly informed.

A bit like selling a company with a superstar salesman. Him leaving during the process wouldn't necessarily kill the deal but his departure certainly impacts the attractiveness of the company somewhat.

You can always get more salesmen but getting great ones is tough and can go wrong. Losing someone who's proven and excellent at their job would be cause for renegotiation dragging out the deal even further.

Of all the groundless predictions there has been (On the day we`ll find out one way or another). I think its logical to suggest that it`ll be on or before the 1st July. It would also be really unthinkable to not have some form of comment from the club whether Rafa`s on board or not.

I`m of the opinion that, rather than it being a done deal or a Bishop inspired Ashley conspiracy, the position is that Genuine offers have being made / provisionally accepted but Ashley`s Ad-ons are dragging the situation out to what may ultimately be a failed bid (s). Some folk on here seem to give far too much credence to Bishop as if he`s some sort of master schemer.

I think that while Ashley may well set the narrative its more by default than scheme as the general impression I get is that Ashley is a boorish oaf who`s impulses have at times cost him a lot of money & that the club remains both an irritant & a valuable source of revenue (At a time when most in the city are of the view that the high street is in steep decline). One which he wont let go unless he receives an offer he cant refuse.

Sadly we may know where we are on the 1st but we may not know the truth on how we arrived there for months / years after.

We have Mike Ashley as owner and Lee Charnley managing the operations. Nothing is unthinkable. We do the unthinkable.

Guest The Little Waster

If Ashley was losing money at NUFC as opposed to the retail sector i'd have some confidence in a takeover ...

If Ashley was losing money at NUFC as opposed to the retail sector i'd have some confidence in a takeover ...

This.

I cannot comprehend how anyone can think he'd sell his only guaranteed profitable business in order to support a litany of failing ones.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to discover that Ashly has done exactly the same with Rafa, as he did with Shearer. I would be surprised by Rafa's silence, but then Charnley's probably in contact, filling him with shit.

This is the most likely scenario I'm afraid

Its not going to be profitable once its relegated in 11 months time.

Whilst you can point to individual loss years, the club has generally made a profit over his 12-year tenure. Especially when you factor in all the revenue he just diverts out of the club and into his own pockets before it even hits the books.

He'll back himself to continue that trend, irrespective of what happens this summer or even over the next 12 months.

Anyone been past the stadium this morning?

I have

Mike Ashley himself is in a skip outside the ground but apparently they do it every year for cleaning so I'm reading nowt into it

:lol:

Initial research - Negotiations - Proof of funds - Heads of Terms - Virtual Data Room - Share Purchase Agreement - Sale

It’s safe to say we’re in the middle of this process right now. The average time for data room is 3 months. Which we must be more than halfway through by now.

The price might drop a little depending on what they find etc. Ashley then has to accept the final offer before it can be completed.

Initial research - Negotiations - Proof of funds - Heads of Terms - Virtual Data Room - Share Purchase Agreement - Sale

It’s safe to say we’re in the middle of this process right now. The average time for data room is 3 months. Which we must be more than halfway through by now.

The price might drop a little depending on what they find etc. Ashley then has to accept the final offer before it can be completed.

So it's nowhere near being done like they claimed? Hmmm

Goalposts change every day. Sound like the dentist

If they let 30th June just come and go do us as fans think we will ever get to know the details of Rafa leaving or will we just be misled and lied to again repeatedly

After the revelations within Keegan's book that we all knew it looks like this thing with Rafa will just be a Shearer scenario all over again (did we ever find out all the details about that)

Guest godzilla

This.

I cannot comprehend how anyone can think he'd sell his only guaranteed profitable business in order to support a litany of failing ones.

Where is his profit the club is 111 million pound in debt. He hasn't made one penny from running NUFC.

Guest godzilla

Its not going to be profitable once its relegated in 11 months time.

Whilst you can point to individual loss years, the club has generally made a profit over his 12-year tenure. Especially when you factor in all the revenue he just diverts out of the club and into his own pockets before it even hits the books.

He'll back himself to continue that trend, irrespective of what happens this summer or even over the next 12 months.

Those loss years have resulted in him putting money into the club due to relegation. As it stands currently he has not made 1p from his initial investment, look at the accounts. Gross mismanagement I agree but to say he has and is continuing to make a profit from NUFC is incorrect.

Guest chopey

This.

Where is his profit the club is 111 million pound in debt. He hasn't made one penny from running NUFC.

What The Fuck.

Guest godzilla

This.

What The f***.

Have a look at the accounts, has Mike Ashley over the 12 years of being the owner made a profit on his original investment in NUFC, no point saying wtf, he hasn't and that is factually correct.

Mike's dataroom brings all the boys to the yard

And they're like, it's better than yours

Damn right it's better than yours

You can view it , but I have to charge (you a down payment on an executive box for 3 seasons)

This.

What The Fuck.

Not sure

This.

Fucking hell man!