Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Well fuck a duck. :lol:

I actually bought in to this one, all though since Rafa was leaving my hope and belief around it seriously shrunk.

Burn the fucking stadium down. Start again.

Just wait for CDM to come on now and lord it up to complete proceedings

What a thing to celebrate.  :lol: Most pessimistic person about the takeover ends up most right. I'm sure he will be punching the air and doing the Bushwhackers march around his house in excitement with this news.

If this doesn't spark a fucking backlash, nothing will.

This 'club' man.

I don't even fucking think I like football anymore. The club under Rafa was the only thing keeping me close, now he's gone and this horrible cunt isn't departing, I'm finished with football.

What a bastard shame.

What a thing to celebrate.  :lol: Most pessimistic person about the takeover ends up most right. I'm sure he will be punching the air and doing the Bushwhackers march around his house in excitement with this news.

Most right my arse. :lol:

If it's off it's off and it's for simple reasons like Ashley fucking about. Not he and Bishop being a pair of world class puppetmasters in the shadows orchestrating events in the middle-east and at home like juiced up Machiavellian supervillains.

Absolutely can't stand that strain of patter when it comes to the actions and motives of the idiots sinking this club.

If this doesn't spark a fucking backlash, nothing will.

This 'club' man.

I don't even fucking think I like football anymore. The club under Rafa was the only thing keeping me close, now he's gone and this horrible cunt isn't departing, I'm finished with football.

What a bastard shame.

:thup:

If this doesn't spark a f***ing backlash, nothing will.

This 'club' man.

I don't even f***ing think I like football anymore. The club under Rafa was the only thing keeping me close, now he's gone and this horrible c*** isn't departing, I'm finished with football.

What a b****** shame.

Backlash as in what?

This 'club' man.

I don't even f***ing think I like football anymore. The club under Rafa was the only thing keeping me close, now he's gone and this horrible c*** isn't departing, I'm finished with football.

What a b****** shame.

Backlash as in what?

Sitting on our hands in polite silence

If it's off it's off and it's for simple reasons like Ashley fucking about. Not he and Bishop being a pair of world class puppetmasters in the shadows orchestrating events in the middle-east and at home like juiced up Machiavellian supervillains.

Absolutely can't stand that strain of patter when it comes to the actions and motives of the idiots sinking this club.

:thup:

It's a battle that won't be won in Ashley's lifetime in my opinion. I got slated when I called it a couple of years ago on here, that we lost the moment that all the 'proper', i.e. invested fans walked away. It's a unique problem of this club, for every proper fan, there's another happy clapper ready to take their place. Who would have thought being a one club city would help make the perfect storm of circumstances to let the cancer thrive.

50 thousand proper fans could be militised, could protest en masse in the ground, could deface/damage/vandalise SD hoardings. Could refuse to buy anything in the club shop or refreshments. Could sit through a match in total silence. Could mob Ashley inside and outside the ground.

It's a situation of advantage that we'll never get back, Ashley has won. He won when we didn't make the most of the Keegan tribunal. Most of us chose what we thought was the best option at the time was, which was to vote with our feet. None of us could have anticipated the willing apathy from the casual fanbase and to lap up all the spare tickets.

The pennies of the match day tickets compared to the brand exposure of SD globally which saw the share price rise to over 500% of its flotation value a couple of years ago is absolutely nothing to Mike. The odd 1000 staying away won't matter one iota, it has to be all or nothing, and the damage is to the brand, not the NUFC bank balance.

The only hope now is to damage his SD brand through Newcastle United. A media campaign, or attention, on negativity surrounding the partnership between Newcastle United and Sports Direct.

Fans were on the right lines during the SD protests but there's just not enough like minded people. Education of the fanbase has to be key. As long as the discontented is the minority, nothing will ever, ever change...

unless someone takes one for the fans and does something that would have custodial ramifications.

This 'club' man.

What a b****** shame.

Backlash as in what?

Sitting on our hands in polite silence

I don't know what people mean when they say backlash, like bricking windows of sports direct stores and stuff? Ain't gonna happen.

I'm jesting ya noodle, hence the :lol:

Guest chopey

Wraith reckons Mourinho is a done deal? Lol wtf.

Where’s he said this? Joking surely?

I can't find his quotes anywhere

Yep:

This is BZG lying rather than Ashley isn't it? They were the one's who claimed to be going through "the so-called fit and proper owners process."

This is their statement:

“Terms have been agreed between us and Mike Ashley; these terms have been reflected in a document, signed by both parties, which has been forwarded to the Premier League.

“The proof of funds statement was forwarded to Mike Ashley’s lawyers on April 17 2019.

“The so called fit-and-proper Premier League process is a standard procedure which will take time, and we are doing all we can to assist the Premier League during this process.”

“We feel the need to clarify this point in order for the fans and the general public to understand the timelines.”