Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

great post as always HTT. 

On another note, IF we are being taken over, I genuinely just can't understand, why any new owners would not want Rafa.  He's world class /  renowned,  know the club and area, has built us up to be a difficult team to beat on a shoestring, and we were showing some real danger in attack thanks to Rondon, Miggy and Perez working so well together.  Genuinely don't know who could be better.  Seems extremely short sighted at best.

On another note, IF we are being taken over, I genuinely just can't understand, why any new owners would not want Rafa.  He's world class /  renowned,  know the club and area, has built us up to be a difficult team to beat on a shoestring, and we were showing some real danger in attack thanks to Rondon, Miggy and Perez working so well together.  Genuinely don't know who could be better.  Seems extremely short sighted at best.

He also had a long term plan for us. Not sure if that can be said for anyone else that’s managed us recently. I’m still fucking livid he’s gone.

He also had a long term plan for us. Not sure if that can be said for anyone else that’s managed us recently. I’m still fucking livid he’s gone.

Yeah me too, just had my daughter crying about it randomly from nowhere after football practise all at the same time as listening to a family of spurs fans next door having a right laugh at their BBQ.

Guest godzilla

Whilst I don't disagree, could be the possibility that new owners are looking for someone with a more recent record of winning things (i.e. Mourinho). We won't know until any takeover does happen, as it could be they will approach Rafa straight away also.

Whilst I don't disagree, could be the possibility that new owners are looking for someone with a more recent record of winning things (i.e. Mourinho). We won't know until any takeover does happen, as it could be they will approach Rafa straight away also.

Rafa Benitez has won 5 trophies in the last 9 years :icon_scratch:

Midhat has already said they want Rafa yet people still say they want someone else based on nothing.

:lol: :lol:

As if Ashley is interested in winning things.

Guest godzilla

Wouldn't be surprised if there's some talk in tomorrows paper minimising the likelihood of this happening as Ashley's side begin to plant the seeds of disappointment.

There's been talk the last four weeks though so be nothing different there to see, nothing official though

Guest godzilla

Midhat has already said they want Rafa yet people still say they want someone else based on nothing.

Nothing the last 6 years though, hey I'm not arguing that they should be looking at Rafa, but just stating why any potential new owners may be looking at someone else

Guest godzilla

I was talking about potential new owners though not Ashley

My mistake. I missed that. Apologies.

Guest godzilla

My mistake. I missed that. Apologies.

O0

hey I'm not arguing that they should be looking at Rafa, but just stating why any potential new owners may be looking at someone else

Only Pep Guardiola has won more trophies than Rafa of all the managers in the Premier League and you’re thinking the new owners might think Rafa Benitez isn’t enough of a trophy winner :lol:

For comparison, even though our clubs are in different positions:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11672/11751525/bolton-sale-moves-closer-as-club-reach-agreement-with-preferred-bidder

Bolton have signed a 'Heads of Terms' agreement with the preferred bidder for the sale of the League One club, the joint administrator has confirmed.

Paul Appleton of David Rubin & Partners described the Heads of Terms agreement as a "major step closer to the sale of the club and securing its future".

Bolton, relegated from the Sky Bet Championship at the end of last season, went into administration in May after a takeover bid by former Watford chairman Laurence Bassini collapsed.

The bidder, who meets EFL approval, cannot be revealed until Monday because of legal reasons.

Appleton said in a statement: "This has not always been a straightforward process owing mainly to the need to condense what would normally be a four to five-month time frame into closer to seven weeks.

"Again, I'd like to reiterate my regret at not always being able to keep the supporters completely up to speed with the progress of the deal, but the important thing is the club is now a further step forward to being saved. Now begins the rebuilding process.

"With the Heads of Terms having been signed, we move towards a Sale and Purchase Agreement and completion of the transaction at the earliest possible stage."

Administrators announced on June 13 that they had identified a preferred new owner from five final offers.

Bolton will begin the new campaign in the third-tier of English football with a 12-point deduction and Appleton is optimistic the club can prosper in the future.

"This club has suffered greatly but I would like to pay tribute to all the staff who, under the most dire of circumstances, have shown their loyalty and devotion to Bolton Wanderers," he added.

Guest godzilla

hey I'm not arguing that they should be looking at Rafa, but just stating why any potential new owners may be looking at someone else

Only Pep Guardiola has won more trophies than Rafa of all the managers in the Premier League and you’re thinking the owners might think Rafa Benitez isn’t enough of a trophy winner :lol:

Who mentioned only the premier league, you're conveniently not commenting on Mourinho though, who is the person I stated that they may think is a good target. I said they may want a more recent trophy winner and then you put the scale at 9 years and then when I mentioned I stated in RECENT years he hadn't, you then go on about the Premier League. I was just answering a question about why new owners may possibly want someone different to Rafa and at no point did I state they would be or should be.

Guest godzilla

For comparison, even though our clubs are in different positions:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11672/11751525/bolton-sale-moves-closer-as-club-reach-agreement-with-preferred-bidder

Bolton have signed a 'Heads of Terms' agreement with the preferred bidder for the sale of the League One club, the joint administrator has confirmed.

Paul Appleton of David Rubin & Partners described the Heads of Terms agreement as a "major step closer to the sale of the club and securing its future".

Bolton, relegated from the Sky Bet Championship at the end of last season, went into administration in May after a takeover bid by former Watford chairman Laurence Bassini collapsed.

The bidder, who meets EFL approval, cannot be revealed until Monday because of legal reasons.

Appleton said in a statement: "This has not always been a straightforward process owing mainly to the need to condense what would normally be a four to five-month time frame into closer to seven weeks.

"Again, I'd like to reiterate my regret at not always being able to keep the supporters completely up to speed with the progress of the deal, but the important thing is the club is now a further step forward to being saved. Now begins the rebuilding process.

"With the Heads of Terms having been signed, we move towards a Sale and Purchase Agreement and completion of the transaction at the earliest possible stage."

Administrators announced on June 13 that they had identified a preferred new owner from five final offers.

Bolton will begin the new campaign in the third-tier of English football with a 12-point deduction and Appleton is optimistic the club can prosper in the future.

"This club has suffered greatly but I would like to pay tribute to all the staff who, under the most dire of circumstances, have shown their loyalty and devotion to Bolton Wanderers," he added.

That's one club you can't do a comparison with though, as they were verging on administration and that's exactly why it's been rushed through.