Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

The Wall Street Journal were quite clear about the situation when they wrote the piece. And the journalist interviewed on the radio backed it up by saying they wouldn’t have written the piece unless it was likely to happen.

Any and all confusion that’s gone on since are when the national media and local rags got involved.

I'll take Odin's word on this.  He's a very trustworthy chap when it comes to takeover things.

Lee Ryder and Mark Douglas both stirring up fans on Twitter by claiming this and that. They know nothing. They just want clicks on their website. Poor journalists.

About time we boycotted them both and their organisations.

Lee Ryder and Mark Douglas both stirring up fans on Twitter by claiming this and that. They know nothing. They just want clicks on their website. Poor journalists.

About time we boycotted them both and their organisations.

Luke Edwards is the worst

I think any takeover talk should be completely ignored for now.

For me , the tipping point will be when we hit 40points , if there is anything in this , i believe this is when it will happen.

When it doesnt , it rubber stamps the belief of many that he will never ever sell the club.

Anyone grab a screenshot of it? For some reason, Chopra seems to talk sense and didn't he hint at these talks months ago? Not that it's difficult to make up, mind.....

It is getting closer #toon #toon

Thats what it says. no screen shots though

Anyone grab a screenshot of it? For some reason, Chopra seems to talk sense and didn't he hint at these talks months ago? Not that it's difficult to make up, mind.....

It is getting closer #toon #toon

Thats what it says. no screen shots though

Guest The Little Waster

The Wall Street Journal were quite clear about the situation when they wrote the piece. And the journalist interviewed on the radio backed it up by saying they wouldn’t have written the piece unless it was likely to happen.

Any and all confusion that’s gone on since are when the national media and local rags got involved.

Theyve no understanding of who Ashley is

In a way it would be good if the saudis bought West Ham. Then we know what Ashley turned down. Hard for him to explain why he didn't do the deal and continue to say he's a willing seller.

Hopefully this move to bid for West Ham is just a way to put pressure on Ashley to speed up the sale of Newcastle.

In a way it would be good if the saudis bought West Ham. Then we know what Ashley turned down. Hard for him to explain why he didn't do the deal and continue to say he's a willing seller.

Hopefully this move to bid for West Ham is just a way to put pressure on Ashley to speed up the sale of Newcastle.

They aren’t interested in West Ham or opened talks.

It was a rumour made up by some bullshitter on Twitter last night, picked up by bullshitters Footballinsider365, then re-reported in the local rags. Douglas who even wrote the Chronicle’s re-reporting of it even said it’s not true.

For what it’s worth, the original rumour even said Red Bull were close to buying West Ham.

I'll take Odin's word on this.  He's a very trustworthy chap when it comes to takeover things.

:lol:

It is pretty weird how he pops up during fakeovers and attempts to convince all its happening. By whatever means.

I’ve been reading his posts in this thread and wondering what’s more weird?  Him still trying to get involved in Fakeover talk or the people replying/listening to him?  :lol:

I can’t believe he’s got the nerve tbh. Strung along posters in here for weeks with his bullshit.

Odin’s post and comments about what the WSJ author said are all true. If you listen to the podcast he was on he says he wouldn’t have written that article if he wasn’t lead to believe it was going to happen. Maybe some of you who doubt the Wall Street journal are often too used to the British papers but it’s one of the most respected publications and news outlets. Conspiracy nerds who call it an Ashley fakeover that PR mastermind and puppet master Bishop has orchestrated are misinformed and have questionable intelligence.

If you for one second believe some hack like Keith can plant stories in the WSJ and fabricate all of this then :lol: carry on reading the sun or something. Now If this was breaking Sunday Sun or Mirror, different story. We know exactly what our owner and Kieth can do with that.

Odin’s post and comments about what the WSJ author said are all true. If you listen to the podcast he was on he says he wouldn’t have written that article if he wasn’t lead to believe it was going to happen. Maybe some of you who doubt the Wall Street journal are often too used to the British papers but it’s one of the most respected publications and news outlets. Conspiracy nerds who call it an Ashley fakeover that PR mastermind and puppet master Bishop has orchestrated are misinformed and have questionable intelligence.

If you for one second believe some hack like Keith can plant stories in the WSJ and fabricate all of this then :lol: carry on reading the sun or something. Now If this was breaking Sunday Sun or Mirror, different story. We know exactly what our owner and Kieth can do with that.

👏👏

I’d be amazed if anyone still thinks it’s ‘fake’ the problem is Ashley either is reluctant to sell or he’ll only sell on his terms and he’s just not willing to compromise to get a deal done

Exactly, no way can Ashley's cronies manipulate Wall Street Journal, Financial Times etc. That's the unique hope for this time round, until Ashley pulls the plug again.

I’ve been reading his posts in this thread and wondering what’s more weird?  Him still trying to get involved in Fakeover talk or the people replying/listening to him?  :lol:

I can’t believe he’s got the nerve tbh. Strung along posters in here for weeks with his bullshit.

I wouldn’t have minded too much if there had been an explanation or apology afterwards. I understand it when people are a bit bored or lonely and want to do something to feel relevant or part of something but to not admit that afterward I find a bit difficult.

Or it’s entirely possible that the deal still needs time. It got leaked well before it should have been. All sides unhappy about it.

The likes of Caulkin who should know the inside track has been unusually quiet or the odd comment he’s made have been vague generalisations. He knows more for sure.