Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

3 hours ago, El Prontonise said:

As much as I don't like Ashley, I don't like the clubs strategy here at all to have a single retailer selling them.  Tells me they want to rip off people.

It's about protecting their brand more than anything.  If you have the standing in your particular field of retail you get to dictate who can stock your product.

Yes, it can be argued that it's anti-consumer but Ashley has a well-established reputation of trashing brands to enhance his own with little care for the collateral damage along the way. We're all very acutely aware of that.

Why take the risk of him slashing tens of percentage points of RRP when you can control where your product goes with people you trust?  You're going to sell it anyway.

About 15 years ago or so, grocers were tearing the arse out of video game pricing (new releases at around £20-£25 when the trade price was £30+ ex VAT).  One of the big grocers wanted to do the same with Red Dead Redemption on Xbox360, Rockstar got wind of it and refused to stock them for the first two weeks of release.  If you've got a product that's going to sell anyway, you mitigate your risk of any pricing damage for long-term sales.

So as an older dude, I love the old Adidas samba - played-5-a-side in them and had the different versions.

Was going to buy a new pair for the first time in a long time but it seems SD only stock them and not JD.

Is this just because I’m a dinosaur that wants shit no-one else does or does SD have a specific deal?

only asking as I won’t buy from SD on principle 

5 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

So as an older dude, I love the old Adidas samba - played-5-a-side in them and had the different versions.

Was going to buy a new pair for the first time in a long time but it seems SD only stock them and not JD.

Is this just because I’m a dinosaur that wants shit no-one else does or does SD have a specific deal?

Go to the adidas store online?

6 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

In JD at the Metro Centre I saw that they have a new version of Adidas Kick on the shelf, the forerunner to the Samba for those old enough to remember.  I am picking a pair up for my 5 a side as my current Samba's are just about done.  Not cheap though.....  Bloody 85 Quid!

8 minutes ago, Thomson Mouse said:

80s casual classics.

Ordered a few things from there with no complaints.

3 minutes ago, madras said:

80s casual classics.

Ordered a few things from there with no complaints.

Sorry should’ve added I’m in Australia. Couldn’t see any on JD online UK

Edit: will be over there most of June on holiday 

Edited by Thomson Mouse

2 hours ago, RS said:

Would you go to Mike Ashley’s SD over the club shop to save money?  I’d rather pay not to walk through the door of those stinking shops who exploit their zero-hour contract , paid less than minimum wage staff. The man fucked us for 14 years so I’m overjoyed that we’re trying to fuck that fat prick over. 

Fucking hell 😂 There's enough go to DHgate instead then moan on we can't buy anyone 😂😂😂

Full kit with a complimentary platinum club membership and a tonsil deep gobble off Monica Bellucci for ten Bob and a pickled egg and I still wouldn’t give the cunt a poond of my hard earned cash. 

1 hour ago, wfmk2 said:

Is that still there? I live and travel around the Gulf and haven’t seen one of his rag shops in years.

I'm going to Dhahran in a couple of weeks, I'll let you know.

7 hours ago, Thomson Mouse said:

You're in Australia? JD and Hype DC definitely sell Sambas, as do the Adidas Originals stores, if there's one near you. 

18 hours ago, El Prontonise said:

As much as I don't like Ashley, I don't like the clubs strategy here at all to have a single retailer selling them.  Tells me they want to rip off people.

Is it not more Adidas? irrespective of the specifics of Newcastle, both Nike and Adidas have a clear strategy of selling more and more of their products through their own channels. In many ways mirroring Sports Direct who also produced and sold their own products (Donna, Everlast, Dunlop, etc.). 

14 hours ago, Thomson Mouse said:

The Original factory shop sell them 

Screenshot_20240411_062725_Chrome.jpg

22 hours ago, Jaqen said:

Thanks, won’t deliver to Aus though.

14 hours ago, Izakaya said:

You're in Australia? JD and Hype DC definitely sell Sambas, as do the Adidas Originals stores, if there's one near you. 

Not the original ones just the more modern version.

Never seen the older version here

7 hours ago, Ben said:

The Original factory shop sell them 

Screenshot_20240411_062725_Chrome.jpg

Don’t deliver here.

Sorry that he’s not dead to those who I built up hope by bumping.

2 hours ago, Thomson Mouse said:

Thanks, won’t deliver to Aus though.

Not the original ones just the more modern version.

Never seen the older version here

Don’t deliver here.

Sorry that he’s not dead to those who I built up hope by bumping.

Fucking Australia that's miles away, who won MAFS ? 

13 hours ago, Fezzle said:

Clearly blocked but the actual Adidas site has them. They deliver everywhere 

Yeah its only the Og’s coming up on the UK site.

Oddly enough I’ve just found I can get them through Next Australia!!

11 hours ago, Ben said:

Fucking Australia that's miles away, who won MAFS ? 

Don’t watch that drivel, Farmer Wants a Wife is where it’s at :lol: 

Obvs I want the fat cunt to kark asap but I resigned myself to the knowledge his fat fingers aren't in our till anymore. 

That's why I popped into his tat shop for a pair of Adidas trainers. Got a lush pair of baseball efforts. Black & white, obvs. 

Used to love Sambas, being weapons of choice for 5 a side, back in the day. 

As an aside I've only ever seen Fat Mike & Tory Starmer wearing shitty, baggy jeans when they could both afford better. Scruffy cunts

On 10/04/2024 at 22:50, Thomson Mouse said: