Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

• 3 weeks later...

I always had a hunch he had a financial interest in Castore, this article doesn't confirm it, but does talk of 'cosy' relationships and exclusivity between Castore and SD.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-68769820

He's acting more and more like a spoilt prick who just chucks his toys out the pram when the wind doesn't blow in his direction.

Really hope they rule in our favour on this one and, when you read the summary in the attached, it certainly seems to stack up more towards our side than his imho.

The only thing he might have going for him is price inflation or fixing or something since its only available from club store or JD Sports. No idea, I'm no lawyer.

Looking forward to his death

Don’t care if that’s unsavoury for some, I’m sure it’ll be devastating for his family and I wouldn’t wish it on them but his existence is and always has been extremely damaging for anyone he does business with. He’s a fucking parasite 

“Mike Ashley, is seeking an injunction from the Competition Appeal Tribunal”

The staggering audacity of this tosser after how he ran us into the ground and made up basically anti-competitve!

30 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

As much as I don't like Ashley, I don't like the clubs strategy here at all to have a single retailer selling them.  Tells me they want to rip off people.

I honestly think it's a personal dig at Ashley, SD and all of the shite he's pulled over the last 15 years. We've now got Adidas behind us and are in a position to fuck him over and hit him in the pocket, it's not business, it's personal.

And I'm all for that level of pettiness and small-time attacks on him and his spunky shops, fuck him.

3 minutes ago, midds said:

I honestly think it's a personal dig at Ashley, SD and all of the shite he's pulled over the last 15 years. We've now got Adidas behind us and are in a position to fuck him over and hit him in the pocket, it's not business, it's personal.

And I'm all for that level of pettiness and small-time attacks on him and his spunky shops, fuck him.

100% this!

3 minutes ago, midds said:

Completely this. He tried to sue Mandy when she said something about him iirc (https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2022/jan/21/mike-ashley-takes-legal-action-against-newcastle-co-owner-amanda-staveley), hopefully this is the club’s shot across the bow to the odious wank.

I don't mind it. Didn't Burberry do something similar because the shops their stuff was being sold in was causing reputational damage and effecting sales from their target customer?

If they won that (can't remember if they did) then it's absolutely the case that the same applies with Newcastle products in Sports Direct shops. 

1 hour ago, El Prontonise said:

As much as I don't like Ashley, I don't like the clubs strategy here at all to have a single retailer selling them.  Tells me they want to rip off people.

Not really, we will be able to buy directly from the store, directly from Adidas, and from JD stores as well. It’s hardly anything less, aside from SD than what we had before.

Maybe the local sports shop in Newcastle might not get it, but I doubt they were high volume sellers in anyway.

Didn't Ashley abandon club shops and exclusively sell all NUFC kit from SD so that he could pocket the cash rather than it going into club coffers?

44 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I don't mind it. Didn't Burberry do something similar because the shops their stuff was being sold in was causing reputational damage and effecting sales from their target customer?

If they won that (can't remember if they did) then it's absolutely the case that the same applies with Newcastle products in Sports Direct shops. 

Animal, Locoste, Slazenger all did it. So he bought them out. Utter prick. 

2 minutes ago, OCK said:

Animal, Locoste, Slazenger all did it. So he bought them out. Utter prick. 

Without looking there is absolutely no chance that he bought Lacoste. :lol:

13 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Lowcost maybe the penny pinching fuck.

As much as I detest Mike Ashley, if roles were reversed and he was still in charge and signing exclusivity agreements to stop competitors selling the kit cheaper, everyone would be up in arms about him ripping off supporters by forcing them to pay higher prices.

Fuck him.. fuck every little thing he has an interest in. I don’t mind paying an extra fiver for a kit if it’s not out of his shitty tat shop.

And this bit may sound a bit Liam Neeson but when he does kick the bucket.. I will find out where he’s buried.. and I will go on a personal adventure to piss on his grave.

If he’s cremated I’ll find out where his ashes were scattered and I’ll go take a piss there.

I’ll never forgive for those years he stole from us.

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Might be remembering it wrong. [emoji38]

35 minutes ago, Checko said:

As much as I detest Mike Ashley, if roles were reversed and he was still in charge and signing exclusivity agreements to stop competitors selling the kit cheaper, everyone would be up in arms about him ripping off supporters by forcing them to pay higher prices.

Would you go to Mike Ashley’s SD over the club shop to save money?  I’d rather pay not to walk through the door of those stinking shops who exploit their zero-hour contract , paid less than minimum wage staff. The man fucked us for 14 years so I’m overjoyed that we’re trying to fuck that fat prick over. 

47 minutes ago, Checko said:

I'd just continue to buy from Dhgate 🤷‍♀️