Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Even if they are facts it doesn't mean we're getting sold unfortunately, just means both parties have agreed on a price.

IF they have provided proof of funds AND agreed a price, it should be a formality.

I just don't believe this to be the case. It never is that simple with us (read, Ashley).

If contracts have been signed as the Sun journo suggests, then Ashley's role in this is legally over. Proof of funds is irrelevant, that's way in the past.

All that will be left is for the conditions precedent (such as the F&P test being confirmed by the PL) being complete, that's all very common. MA can't just change his mind.

You're misreading my post. And you might be misreading what the Sun journey wrote also...what type of contract do you think he means has been sent? They are not normally legally binding on the terms.

And I know you have every faith in Mike Ashley to act with integrity and all that, but I don't.

Can anyone say how much this “group” are actually worth? I went trawling through t’hinternet there and couldn’t find anything but conflicting reports.

One report said they were worth up to 1 billion usd? Not exactly inspiring levels of wealth.

Theres very very little info available about them.

Yes votes are getting perilously close to locking this thread. Fuck off out of the thread if it annoys you so much.

Here's a tip, has the thread title changed?

No. Don't click the link

Yes. Click, click, click..

I am masochistically enjoying it, if for only the chance to dream for a while.

Guest godzilla

Edwards getting arsey

Edwards, Ryder, Douglas and Hope are all spitting their dummy out because they are getting called out on claiming that nothing is happening, whilst not offering one bit of evidence to support that this is the case.

Even if they are facts it doesn't mean we're getting sold unfortunately, just means both parties have agreed on a price.

IF they have provided proof of funds AND agreed a price, it should be a formality.

I just don't believe this to be the case. It never is that simple with us (read, Ashley).

If contracts have been signed as the Sun journo suggests, then Ashley's role in this is legally over. Proof of funds is irrelevant, that's way in the past.

All that will be left is for the conditions precedent (such as the F&P test being confirmed by the PL) being complete, that's all very common. MA can't just change his mind.

You're misreading my post. And you might be misreading what the Sun journey wrote also...what type of contract do you think he means has been sent? They are not normally legally binding on the terms.

And I know you have every faith in Mike Ashley to act with integrity and all that, but I don't.

Have I entered a parallel universe here? A contract (I'm assuming the journo is referring to a sale & purchase agreement) will be very much binding on terms, otherwise what sort of contract is it? If you don't fulfil your end of the bargain then there are consequences. There will be a schedule to the contract outlining what still needs to happen for the contract to become effective and this is certainly include passing the FA tests.

A quick sale back to the club of the land behind the Gallowgate for yet another big profit for doing fuck all to it is almost guarenteed i reckon.

Tbh, it makes no difference. They are agreeing to pay X million either way, call it a profit on the shares in the club or buying back the land, all ends up in the same place. I just hope the buyers are smart enough to buy the godawful project and kill it off.

Edwards getting arsey

Edwards, Ryder, Douglas and Hope are all spitting their dummy out because they are getting called out on claiming that nothing is happening, whilst not offering one bit of evidence to support that this is the case.

Thats for sure. Add Craig Hope in that list.

Edwards getting arsey

Nah I'm with them tbh. This Sun hack is offering nothing but his own word that this is at the stage he or BZG say it is. Hasn't even inferred why he's so sure about any of it, and it's you know, the fucking Sun.

Edwards getting arsey

He’s literally already in the list

Edwards getting arsey

I still like Mark Douglas he has even conceded himself he has sources saying two different things and understands why fans get frustrated with all this information flying about which is sort of what Caulkin has been saying himself. The other three while they have good sources at the club just seem to enjoy pouring cold water over any sort of optimism around the club.

Lee Ryder man :lol:

"Ashley is waiting for the money - and, if this takeover is going to happen, then the Bin Zayed Group have to pay it. They can't just walk in and take charge without paying the money.