Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

I really believe it’s done TBH, I haven’t heard anything credible that suggests it’s not. Hard to believe for sure of course, but I don’t see why BZG would be openly lying in public to help Mike avoid signing players.

the only doubt being thrown on this whole thing is that the club are saying absolutely nothing and journos are pouring cold water on it

my main concern would be that BZG were a load of dodgy chancers and their statement is a load of shite but that dentist fella says they're legit so there's that :lol:

Does anyone know what happens with all of Ashley's personal "loans" he provided to the club (i.e. things that would typically be paid for with club profits but were instead funded by him loaning us back the money we'd made him)??

I wouldn't be surprised if the c*nt tried to add full repayment of those on top of the 350M 'club price'.

I assume he is/was also trying to force BZG into some kind of lasting advertising & exclusive merchandise arrangement too, before agreeing to final terms.

I remember listening to some Rangers supporters on the TrueFaith podcast a while back and it was scary to hear details of the tangled web of dodgy deals he'd weaved into their financial arrangements... Can't begin to imagine what he might have done to us after all these years.

Does anyone know what happens with all of Ashley's personal "loans" he provided to the club (i.e. things that would typically be paid for with club profits but were instead funded by him loaning us back the money we'd made him)??

I wouldn't be surprised if the c*nt tried to add full repayment of those on top of the 350M 'club price'.

That's not how any of that worked/works.

It kind of is though in effect. He's cut off the clubs income streams and diverted them for Sports Direct's and/or his own personal benefit. Hence the club wouldn't have needed these 'loans' if Sports Direct had been paying for advertising (plus other things) rather than depriving the club of millions every year.

It kind of is though in effect. He's cut off the clubs income streams and diverted them for Sports Direct's and/or his own personal benefit. Hence the club wouldn't have needed these 'loans' if Sports Direct had been paying for advertising (plus other things) rather than depriving the club of millions every year.

Exactly... and I wouldn't be surprised if he's openly stating his preferred price for the club (350M), then when a bidder like Staveley or Kenyon comes along it's a case of "Oh great, now there's just the small matter of these outstanding loans that also need to be taken care of".

Not to mention the long term kit & advertising deals he has already signed the club up for with SD, which simply couldn't be broken just because a new owner has come in.

Nah none of that is true - the loans were made to keep the club's cash flow afloat after the massive income drop caused by relegation. It was the sensible thing to do as it meant we were loaning money on an interest-free basis and not from a costly third party bank like Sunderland did. There are plenty of things to criticise MA for, but that isn't one of them. Any extra sponsorship income would have been a drop in the ocean compared to the cost of relegation - we'd have still needed financing sponsorship or no sponsorship.

Nah none of that is true - the loans were made to keep the club's cash flow afloat after the massive income drop caused by relegation. It was the sensible thing to do as it meant we were loaning money on an interest-free basis and not from a costly third party bank like Sunderland did. There are plenty of things to criticise MA for, but that isn't one of them.

If you incapable of understanding that he has reduced the clubs income for his own/another company's benefit then I'm lost for words tbh  :lol:

Even say £8m a year sponsorship would be nearly £100 million over the more than a decade he's been giving it away for free ffs. And that's not all he's doing either.

Nah none of that is true - the loans were made to keep the club's cash flow afloat after the massive income drop caused by relegation. It was the sensible thing to do as it meant we were loaning money on an interest-free basis and not from a costly third party bank like Sunderland did. There are plenty of things to criticise MA for, but that isn't one of them.

If you incapable of understanding that he has reduced the clubs income for his own/another company's benefit then I'm lost for words tbh  :lol:

I understand that perfectly well, but a lack of advertising income from Sports Direct is not linked in any way to the reasons why Mike Ashley has loaned money to the club. Read up on our finances  O0

I understand that perfectly well, but a lack of advertising income from Sports Direct is not linked in any way to the reasons why Mike Ashley has loaned money to the club. Read up on our finances  O0

:lol:

I'm only guessing here, but I suspect Justin Allen has his source at the Premier League. If it was coming from the club then Coverdale would have been writing that article. If the Bin Zayed Group only hope to get the takeover done by the end of the month then it suggests to me they realistically see it dragging into July, but if that's the case they surely have to pull the plug themselves because it leaves them with little to find a good manager and players.

The next two weeks are critical though its getting to the point now where the club can't stay silent forever as much as they want to.

I'm only guessing here, but I suspect Justin Allen has his source at the Premier League. If it was coming from the club then Coverdale would have been writing that article. If the Bin Zayed Group only hope to get the takeover done by the end of the month then it suggests to me they realistically see it dragging into July, but if that's the case they surely have to pull the plug themselves because it leaves them with little to find a good manager and players.

The next two weeks are critical though its getting to the point now where the club can't stay silent forever as much as they want to.

Guaranteed it'll be dragging on in July, the giveaway is the article claiming they "hope" it'll be done soon.  :lol:

Nothings going to come out of the club, they might not even make a statement until the new owner is in place. That doesn’t matter at all IMO.

The situation with Benitez will force them to say or do something. If its under Ashley that a new manager is appointed then it just tells me they don't expect a change in ownership this summer.

That was the rumour. That the original leak had come from the Premier League and that’s where Justin Allen got the story from

A considered and well thought out response  :lol:

Nothings going to come out of the club, they might not even make a statement until the new owner is in place. That doesn’t matter at all IMO.

The situation with Benitez will force them to say or do something. If its under Ashley that a new manager is appointed then it just tells me they don't expect a change in ownership this summer.

Well it might, that remains to be seen. Right now I don’t mind that they haven’t said anything.

You don't seem able to understand that the club is more than £100 million poorer than it should be as Ashley has diverted that money to himself basically, then loans the club money back that it wouldn't need. So it's really pointless discussing anything with you.

You don't seem able to understand that the club is more than £100 million poorer than it should be as Ashley has diverted that money to himself basically, then loans the club money back that it wouldn't need. So it's really pointless discussing anything with you.

Got to agree Sean - it's like being systematically robbed then the robber lending you back your own money which you wouldn't have needed had he not robbed you in the first place. Not to mention the premiership money of 90 million from last season that coincided with the purchase of Debenhams...certainly wasn't spent on the club or on players who were funded by outgoing transfer income in the main. He is in short a conn man.

IIRC, he had to put 135M into the club as an interest free loan when he first acquired the club.  That was to cover all the liabilities he missed when he supposedly did his due diligence.  That money he is getting back as part of the sell price.

He floated the club an additional 30M which was taken out of the club more recently.