Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Why do we only ever get these rumours when the transfer window is open? Why can't someone try to buy us in, I dunno, February or March or something? I mean I get that you want to be sure of the league the club is going to be in, but what's stopping someone doing all the donkey work and then saying "Right, it's all agreed, I'll sign on the last day of the season"?

Guest godzilla

Why do we only ever get these rumours when the transfer window is open? Why can't someone try to buy us in, I dunno, February or March or something? I mean I get that you want to be sure of the league the club is going to be in, but what's stopping someone doing all the donkey work and then saying "Right, it's all agreed, I'll sign on the last day of the season"?

Because the last few seasons there was no guarantee if we would even stay up, which would massively inpact the price. No coincidence that the BZG submitted proof of funds after the Southampton game had all but guaranteed staying up.

BZG are far bigger than Ashley or Sports Direct. Keep that in mind when it comes to doubting their credentials.

If they insist it’s happening I’m happy to wait.

We’ve waited 12 years. We can wait a few weeks.

Chill the f*** out.

The problem is we need to get players in/out.

The further along the deal is, things can start to happen at that point. Legal commitments to pay transfer fees etc.

The deal isn’t at that stage yet obviously.

First they need to sort out Rafas contract. I know their legal team have spoken with his so there’s a contract all lined up to sign once they have the authority to do so.

Seriously? You’ve heard there’s a BZG contract offer for Rafa?

Because the last few seasons there was no guarantee if we would even stay up, which would massively inpact the price. No coincidence that the BZG submitted proof of funds after the Southampton game had all but guaranteed staying up.

That doesn't make even the slightest bit of difference. You can agree a price, contract and sale subject to staying up and have everything ready to sign when the final whistle blows, or when safety is guaranteed. Whenever you want. There's absolutely nothing stopping that happening, and given how short the transfer window is and how long these deals take, it's exactly what any sane buyer should be doing.

I’d be amazed if that’s true. By all accounts they haven’t got ‘exclusivity’ yet but they’ve offered Rafa a contract :lol: nae bother

Exclusivity isn't essential anyway is it? With MA he isnt going to limit the period of time in which another party could come in with a better offer.

I’d be amazed if that’s true. By all accounts they haven’t got ‘exclusivity’ yet but they’ve offered Rafa a contract :lol: nae bother

Exclusivity isn't essential anyway is it? With MA he isnt going to limit the period of time in which another party could come in with a better offer.

True but even so I’m very doubtful there is contract offer for Rafa yet

Guest godzilla

That doesn't make even the slightest bit of difference. You can agree a price, contract and sale subject to staying up and have everything ready to sign when the final whistle blows, or when safety is guaranteed. Whenever you want. There's absolutely nothing stopping that happening, and given how short the transfer window is and how long these deals take, it's exactly what any sane buyer should be doing.

You're missing the point, there was obviously communication done earlier but any official commencement of any deal would not happen UNTIL safety had been confirmed. Then the whole process would start in earnest as it did. You are not going to waste money on expensive lawyers until you know for certain what position the club is in and any 'sane' buyer wouldn't either.

Must have got another thumbs up and ssshhhh emoji from Midhat when he floated the question.

What’s with all the nautical references? I don’t get it.

Guest reefatoon

Must have got another thumbs up and ssshhhh emoji from Midhat when he floated the question.

What’s with all the nautical references? I don’t get it.

They all sailing over your head?