Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Also if this tax bill allegedly only arrived yesterday, then surely it doesn't matter for these accounts? Surely that goes on next year's and they've got 12 months to have a think about it?

I mean aside from anything else like the sheer logic that there's a cutoff point and it isn't the day of release because that'd be mental, the accounts were supposed to be released a while ago and were delayed anyway.

They can't have delayed them a week ago because someone gave them a tax bill yesterday. :lol:

Guest covmag

Oh my god, €674m tax bill?

:sweetjesus:

I've no idea if that's gonna hurt him but its sounds a canny wedge if true.how can any company fuck that up man.

Good news anyhoo

2m a year advertising to plaster every inch of the ground in your shit is an absolute pittance. Just think how much the club could generate from a large amount of other big companies for each individual signage space especially the east stand prime location areas

bet they don't even pay it anyway its just a number put on paper

The Group has been the subject of a tax audit in Belgium and, on 25 July 2019, received a payment notice from the Belgian tax authorities in the amount of €674 million (including 200% penalties and interest) and requesting further information in relation to, amongst other things, the tax treatment of goods being moved intra-Group throughout the EU via Belgium.  The payment notice is not a formal tax assessment but a "proces verbal" whereby the Group will enter a "fiscal mediation" in order to respond to the tax authorities questions and provide them with documentation. Accordingly, there could be no immediate recovery action.  Sports Direct will investigate further alongside its tax advisors though it believes that it will be able to address the points raised and information requested which Sports Direct believes it maintains as part of its routine books and records keeping and, accordingly management believe, as at the date of signing of the financial statements, that it is less than probable that material VAT and penalties will be due in Belgium as result of the tax audit.

Guest chopey

That explains the resignations and great performance over the past few years, he hasn't paid the tax, I wonder if that was the reason for the HMRC investigation.

Imagine if was pushed into a situation where he had to sell us.

That explains the resignations and great performance over the past few years, he hasn't paid the tax, I wonder if that was the reason for the HMRC investigation.

Imagine if was pushed into a situation where he had to sell us.

Stop it  :frantic: