Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest neesy111

How can they impose 200% penalties and charge interest if they only found out yesterday?

Because it's sports directs job to ensure they pay tax properly.  It's not like a speed ticket fine.

Also if this tax bill allegedly only arrived yesterday, then surely it doesn't matter for these accounts? Surely that goes on next year's and they've got 12 months to have a think about it?

I mean aside from anything else like the sheer logic that there's a cutoff point and it isn't the day of release because that'd be mental, the accounts were supposed to be released a while ago and were delayed anyway.

They can't have delayed them a week ago because someone gave them a tax bill yesterday. :lol:

Nah, the tax bill will relate to prior years so will need to be disclosed in these accounts as a potential liability.

They've known, or should have known, about this for at least 2 years BTW.

I'll jump on the laptop later, too long for my fat fingers on mobile but I have first hand experience in this

You're going to depress the shite out of us arnt you mate?

Any news or developments that cause him hassle, strife, embarrassment, loads of cash and stress are all welcome here. Hope it drags on and on and costs him a fucking fortune or his health. Fuck him