Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

There's never been any point following it closely. One day Ashley will be dead or sell, until then don't waste your time.

I have a simple standard these days. I'll believe it when I see the Sports Direct signs coming down. Until then the speculation is all good bantz, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. At all.

That won't even happen when we're sold.

That's because we won't be sold. I can't see any serious buyer agreeing to let him plaster the stadium with Sports Direct. If it is the Saudis they would probably rather pay him a few million on top to get him to fuck off once and for all.

Well, I'm of the opinion that when we are sold, it won't be to someone like the Saudis. It'll be someone Kenyon-esque who will agree to all his bullshit because they haven't really got the money to pay his full 'asking price'.

It's the only type of person he'll sell to, it doesn't end well for us imo.

There's never been any point following it closely. One day Ashley will be dead or sell, until then don't waste your time.

I have a simple standard these days. I'll believe it when I see the Sports Direct signs coming down. Until then the speculation is all good bantz, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. At all.

That's because we won't be sold. I can't see any serious buyer agreeing to let him plaster the stadium with Sports Direct. If it is the Saudis they would probably rather pay him a few million on top to get him to fuck off once and for all.

Well, I'm of the opinion that when we are sold, it won't be to someone like the Saudis. It'll be someone Kenyon-esque who will agree to all his bullshit because they haven't really got the money to pay his full 'asking price'.

That would be less of a sale than a partnership with Fat Mike. Probably with Mike running the show and Kenyon becoming a slightly better informed thumbheed.

Feels like this is right to me. He'll want all the benefits he has now (global tat shop adverts) with none of the hassle of actually owning a team, and +£100m profit.

That's what he'll almost certainly want to walk away with.

That would be less of a sale than a partnership with Fat Mike. Probably with Mike running the show and Kenyon becoming a slightly better informed thumbheed.

Exactly :lol:

It's fully what I expect. I've said it on here somewhere before I think, when he 'sells' he will basically just be stepping back with all of his tat staying with us.  Him getting all the benefits he currently has without owning us on paper.

Yes, I'm that cynical about him.

The last Kenyon thing, and I think the one before it, never got an official end. A club statement to that effect.

These things just disappear into the air now, unworthy of a statement.

I feel that since he doesn't want to sell - just having the club up for sale is fake cover for something. Probably to give false hope that he's going because I can't believe anybody with anything about them, if they knew this guy was here for x amout of years, could invest in the club.

And by not saying a deal has fallen through, clubs not for sale or officially there's nothing in these stories - its a fakeover by definition.

Unless of course he sells, which he never does/will.

Clubs not for sale and never was - never steered anybody wrong yet unfortunately.

Guest godzilla

Heard that “price of football” guy on the radio earlier and he said that the price Ashely has set means unless you’re desperate to buy a football club you’d not be interested

Bollocks that mind if it is the Saudis, how much do you think they offered for Man Utd or is he saying Ashley values the club at over 3 million

Absolutely convinced that whenever any bidder gets close Ashley sticks another £20m on price (at least) on the idea that it's short change for billionaires, ignoring that noone likes to be screwed, and noone wants to deal with someone acting in bad faith continually putting up more obstacles

If I remember correctly Stavely offered him a £300mil no strings attached deal. He said that it was a waste of time.

I believe the asking price is probably the £350mil being reported.

With the Saudis being on board the quite substantial extra £50mil Ashley tax can be afforded.

Staveley claimed to have had 3 bids I think. There was one which was £250m up front, then the others were £300/£350m in staged payments but included relegation clauses and a clause if we were punished heavily from HMRC. There might have been another payment due if we got into champions league in 5 years or something too.

On that point regarding the investigation, it’s gone very quiet on that. Wonder if it still is a stumbling block in any negotiations?

Ashley being the biggest stumbling block obviously.

Can we try and like, I don't know, express our anger at someone without constantly calling them c***s, at least when it comes to other members. If nowt else, it's a dreadful lack of imagination. Thanks. :bluf:

It may be overused, but no other word is as succinct and vulgar as the word cunt. It fulfils all the necessary criteria to demonise someone.

Heard that “price of football” guy on the radio earlier and he said that the price Ashely has set means unless you’re desperate to buy a football club you’d not be interested

Getting into conspiracy territory here, but it wouldn't surprise me if Ashley is leaking the alleged quoted price of £350 million and saying "how simply it is to do a quick deal", but instead privately he is asking for double that asking price.

Can we try and like, I don't know, express our anger at someone without constantly calling them c***s, at least when it comes to other members. If nowt else, it's a dreadful lack of imagination. Thanks. :bluf:

It may be overused, but no other word is as succinct and vulgar as the word cunt. It fulfils all the necessary criteria to demonise someone.

Perhaps, but at the same time we were getting people reporting this guys posts actually expecting us to ban him. Want bans for basically nothing but being a bit abrasive and taking the piss, then expect bans for calling other members cunts.

Plus, call anyone else in the world the biggest cunt you want, just try and temper it with other members though.

Guest godzilla

Bollocks that mind if it is the Saudis, how much do you think they offered for Man Utd or is he saying Ashley values the club at over 3 million

Yeah but you get Man United. That’s a different animal. He means in terms of normal football clubs

Don't agree with what he's saying but time will tell

Guest godzilla

Getting into conspiracy territory here, but it wouldn't surprise me if Ashley is leaking the alleged quoted price of £350 million and saying "how simply it is to do a quick deal", but instead privately he is asking for double that asking price.

Nobody would be interested at double the price and there would be nobody even entering for talks if that was the case

The Shields Gazette are probably worse than the Chronicle in terms of reporting, but maybe less repulsive.

I think what annoys me about the pair is the phrase "we understand" or "we are hearing" etc is actually someone else's article or information rebranded with that sentence and not much more, in other words pointless.

If I may offer some defence of Lee Ryder and his mates...

I'm pretty sure there'll be pressure on Lee to just write any old s*** and get an article out. He'll be getting paid handsomely for it too so he'll be long past caring. In addition, as with most jobs, he probably has to submit risk assssment forms with every article and do loads of other pointless inane s***, leaving little time for his actual job.

I can imagine the journos, who are all mates anyway, have a bit of a mad lads club going as well. "Dare me to do the Anita-Antia thing?"

Mind you, a lot of them do come across as knob heads on twitter. Look at Luke Edwards' profile picture ffs. Rolling his head along his shoulder like Lawrenson looking at Hansen on the BBC settee. Gross.

Guest neesy111

If I may offer some defence of Lee Ryder and his mates...

I'm pretty sure there'll be pressure on Lee to just write any old s*** and get an article out. He'll be getting paid handsomely for it too so he'll be long past caring. In addition, as with most jobs, he probably has to submit risk assssment forms with every article and do loads of other pointless inane s***, leaving little time for his actual job.

I can imagine the journos, who are all mates anyway, have a bit of a mad lads club going as well. "Dare me to do the Anita-Antia thing?"

Mind you, a lot of them do come across as knob heads on twitter. Look at Luke Edwards' profile picture ffs. Rolling his head along his shoulder like Lawrenson looking at Hansen on the BBC settee. Gross.

He won't be getting paid handsomely.

Guest Howaythetoon

Imagine he's on about £30k.

He’ll be on less than that and if you’re a serious journo, have some fucking integrity otherwise you may as well be Odin on here. They are all cunts in the main. I’d be embarrassed if I was only a journo at the Comical.

I've been thinking for a while that the saudis are just being used by Amanda Staveley to buy Newcastle.

I think she, together with her previus backers and the Reuben brothers have enough money to run Newcastle.

But the last time she negotiated with Ashley(the famous curry dinner) he said she hadn't the money. So she turned to one of the richest men on the planet so Ashley couldn't turn their bid down for the sake of money.

When the club is bought the saudi prince will sell his stake to Staveley and the Reubens. In that way Staveley gets the club and the saudis get their money back and some good PR.

It's just a thought I've had for a while and no fact whatsoever.