Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Face facts , the national press are not retweeting / republishing anything by the Chron .... the Chron seem to be the only ones still reporting ( if you can call it that ) on it ... its bollocks from start to finish

what? :lol:

So, who's lying? BZG (we assume, whole thing could very well be a Mackem wind-up) release a statement today saying that Ashley's lawyers saw the proof of funds back in April, yet on Monday the club said show us the money.

Who's. Lying.

The transaction is between St James Holdings Limited and the buyer, not NUFC.

Face facts , the national press are not retweeting / republishing anything by the Chron .... the Chron seem to be the only ones still reporting ( if you can call it that ) on it ... its bollocks from start to finish

Are you living under a rock?

You can certainly tell Caulkin writes for a paid subscription site.

He is the only with a half decent reputation imo.. probably doesnt want to blow it all by talking shite on twitter.

We literally only have to wait 2 days to find out if this is all bollox.

Either these guys are full of shit and nothing happens on Friday, Mike Ashley pulls the plug and doesnt entertain them even if they do show or the club is sold.

Think he needs a cuddle to be honest.

He is the only with a half decent reputation imo.. probably doesnt want to blow it all by talking shite on twitter.

Either these guys are full of shit and nothing happens on Friday, Mike Ashley pulls the plug and doesnt entertain them even if they do show or the club is sold.

2 days? Why?

The club really do need to release a statement. Either tell us a) negotiations are ongoing, or b) Khaled is a big fat liar.

And you probably need to wind yer neck in.  :lol:

Chill man, club have handled this perfectly and as expected. If Ashley starts flapping his gums something has upset him, and that’s bad for everyone involved, especially us.

Sometimes saying nothing is the best policy. I wish these lowlife journos would follow this advice but then it doesn’t get you clicks and bites.

Was this your craic during the Staveley saga as well?

Edit - aye, it was.  ;D

Remember Ashley agrees on deals over a pint or a curry... It's how he does business.

This is really positive, I'd say we're done and it'll be announced tomorrow or later today.

Looked like Amanda was taking a bottle home to celebrate as well.

https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?topic=99882.msg6574137#msg6574137

I think I was the first to call out the staveley deal on here. At the time it looked positive until it became clear (to me at least) she set the lot up. Ashley for once wasn’t the bad guy in that one. She played the press and in turn played the fans, didn’t make an acceptable offer, instead lowballed and used the media to put pressure on Ashley. She failed and has been in hiding since.

If you think we’re at the same point as the curry photo as to now then I feel sorry for you.

To be fair the chron risks is credulity more going all in and then it's bollocks than if they preach caution and it turns out to be true

Basically since they aren’t real journalists and don’t know anything, they have to do this. Still makes them look weird.

Preferably with the rock he's living under.

2 days? Why?

This is a sports presenter from Dubai and Im sure there was also a Dubai based lawyer said something similar.

It's where the Friday thing came from and there are supposedly private jets arriving into Newcastle from their on Friday according to some local rags.

The club really do need to release a statement. Either tell us a) negotiations are ongoing, or b) Khaled is a big fat liar.

Chill man, club have handled this perfectly and as expected. If Ashley starts flapping his gums something has upset him, and that’s bad for everyone involved, especially us.

Sometimes saying nothing is the best policy. I wish these lowlife journos would follow this advice but then it doesn’t get you clicks and bites.

Edit - aye, it was.  ;D

Remember Ashley agrees on deals over a pint or a curry... It's how he does business.

This is really positive, I'd say we're done and it'll be announced tomorrow or later today.

https://www.newcastle-online.org/forum/index.php?topic=99882.msg6574137#msg6574137

I think I was the first to call out the staveley deal on here. At the time it looked positive until it became clear (to me at least) she set the lot up. Ashley for once wasn’t the bad guy in that one. She played the press and in turn played the fans, didn’t make an acceptable offer, instead lowballed and used the media to put pressure on Ashley. She failed and has been in hiding since.

If you think we’re at the same point as the curry photo as to now then I feel sorry for you.

You're 100% wrong about Staveley.

She made the offers and the final one was verbally agreed, only for Ashley to pull the plug and brand them as timewasters via the media, before they'd even informed the buyers.

That's from my mate who works for the National newspaper over there and met/knew the people involved. Caulkin will also back up this version of events.

Edit - aye, it was.  ;D

:lol:

Guest awaymag

So its confirmed the premier league and nufc have said ' no comment'.  So all these journalists reporting that a) lack of proof of funds and b) Premier league have received no paperwork, are clearly just making shit up to get clicks. 

Edit - aye, it was.  ;D

She made the offers and the final one was verbally agreed, only for Ashley to pull the plug and brand them as timewasters via the media, before they'd even informed the buyers.

That's from my mate who works for the National newspaper over there and met/knew the people involved. Caulkin will also back up this version of events.

This is what worries me about this deal as well.

Preferably with the rock he's living under.

:lol: harsh but fair enough.

So its confirmed the premier league and nufc have said ' no comment'.  So all these journalists reporting that a) lack of proof of funds and b) Premier league have received no paperwork, are clearly just making shit up to get clicks. 

They're taking no comment from the Premier League as they've not received any paperwork, all the while spouting about not breaking journalistic code.

some guy on totalsport says he lives in Dubai and its seen as seriously bad if the media over there reports something that isn't true and the talk over there is that it could be done as soon as Friday

says our guy won't have Man City money but will have money to get us top 3 or 4

2 days? Why?

This is a sports presenter from Dubai and Im sure there was also a Dubai based lawyer said something similar.

It's where the Friday thing came from and there are supposedly private jets arriving into Newcastle from their on Friday according to some local rags.

The Friday thing’s a red herring. The lawyer was a fake account set up by a Man U fan.

Edit - aye, it was.  ;D

This is what worries me about this deal as well.

Always with Ashley, his general cuntishness and erratic behaviour is the big worry on any deal.......but IF it's true that papers have been signed, I don't see how he would pull out of it without incurring financial penalties.

Who knows though?

Edit - aye, it was.  ;D

If that is correct my initial reaction and the post I’m supposed to be ridiculed in was the right reaction. But I think now and did soon after she was just testing the water and was never really serious unless she got a bargain. Someone set up that photo, I honestly don’t think Ashley had it in him yet she had contacts and a best mate with that paper.

2 days? Why?

The Friday thing’s a red herring. The lawyer was a fake account set up by a Man U fan.

I think it was this dhalajmy guy who said it first, got a blue tick and seems pretty legit.

some guy on totalsport says he lives in Dubai and its seen as seriously bad if the media over there reports something that isn't true and the talk over there is that it could be done as soon as Friday

There's no way this Bin Zayed Group would want to lose face with an aborted bid, as the concept of personal dignity, honour and protecting one’s reputation is very important in the Middle East, particularly in the business world.

2 days? Why?

I think it was this dhalajmy guy who said it first, got a blue tick and seems pretty legit.

He’s from Kuwait though not the UAE and looks to just be retweeting stuff he’s heard.