Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Thing is, some of the players (such as the Longstaffs) being touted as shite under Bruce were actually reasonable under Rafa, so I'm willing to look past their current form as they're just not getting the chance to develop their skills as useful squad players.

Hendrick's still wank mind.

Well the rumour was (or was it started here??) that one of the Longstaff’s told him he was a s*** coach and had s*** tactics. 😂

If anything even remotely close to that actually happened, they’ll be the focus of his petty resentment. Hendrick will get a pass.

The Longstaffs dad has had a go at Bruce. Turned up to training and called him out on everything, specifically highlighting why Shelvey and Hendrick played.

Said there is no chance he would pick a player in his team if the offered what Shelvey and Hendrick do, for the record he’s the manager of Whitley Bay Warriors.

That would have been an amusing scene to witness. Probably totally blind to how awful his offspring have been though. As bad as Hendrick and Shelvey are, both Longstaffs have been worse (this season)

Don’t look fit or interested. It’s hard to make a case for them.

It’s such a dramatic rise and fall, especially Sean.

Nail on head if he thinks or did that it’s truly embarrassing

For what it’s worth their dad didn’t go there to have it out with Bruce, he went to pick up Matty from the training ground and helped Matty ask if he could be loaned out. Bruce denied it whilst also saying that he was way down the pecking order and then said something disrespectful about them both.

Bruce 100% had it coming.

I get the impression Bruce is just going through the motions now, he has a weak boss in Charnley who wont stand up to him and Jones looks after the team, he's just a PR guy now and I think if he was offered a payout he would take their hands off.

I wonder if he will rest some of our key players for next 2 games, especially after the slog of a game yesterday in the boggy rain with 9 men to avoid anymore injuries.

Thinking Almiron and ASM.

I know we should go for every game but is there an argument to park the bus a little while we have no Wilson and no fit defenders and try and steal a draw against Chelsea and Man u?

Then we have 2 massive winnable games against wolves and west brom and could hopefully be close to full strength minus maybe schar and manquillo.

Find it quite baffling that neither were prepared to go out on loan. Surely playing every week at a team dominating possession near the top of the Championship would have done them the world of good.

Find it quite baffling that neither were prepared to go out on loan. Surely playing every week at a team dominating possession near the top of the Championship would have done them the world of good.

I don’t think they are good enough to start for a team at the top end of the championship tbh.

Sean Longstaff is 23 now and has been missing a good manager who can develop and guide him in the years he needed it most. Will be a squad player at best in a PL team or a decent championship player.

Matty Longstaff is a few years younger and need to play games now to develop. Either at Newcastle, I don't think he's any worse than Shelvey right now and definitly better than Hendrick. Or he should've been loaned out to a championship team and get games every week.

Matty has a big chance to become a regular at Newcastle but need to get games now and need another manager.

I don’t think they are good enough to start for a team at the top end of the championship tbh.

Currently not good enough to be starting for a league 1 team.

They don’t look like they’re enjoying the opportunity of playing for the club. If that on its own isn’t enough to motivate a local lad to do well, I’m not sure what they’re playing the sport for.

Sean in particular has the look of someone being sent into the front line in WW1 while he’s on the pitch.

Contrast that with Shelvey who looks calm as anything because he literally doesn’t give two fucks. I just realised the club have paid this tosser more than 20 million in wages since he joined the club.

Why would he ever want to be a better player when he’s been getting away with, actually, been rewarded for doing the bare minimum?

They attempt to pull him up but none of it really gets through. I think one of them had to basically stop talking to him because it was getting too angry.

I don’t really get why they feel the need to give him air time.

He’s good exposure for the podcast I guess