Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

When you say fight I presume you mean boycott? I've renewed... 

The Bruce argument is now irrelevant. You are actively supporting Ashley by giving him your money.

Nah, I'm not.

I'm not backing the owner, I am backing the manager

You are funding the owner and accepting his shitness..

So for 3 years you didn't back Rafa?

The owner was given an opportunity to change how he did things. Rafa had given us all a bit of hope again. He was showing us the way things could be if he was supported, and presented that plan to the c***s in charge. Instead Ashley and Charnley decided to reject Rafa's plan, sack him off and return to their previous plan of doing and spending the absolute bare minimum to stay in the premier league and maximise the exposure of Sports Direct and associated entities. By appointing Steve Bruce they've shown us that they have literally zero ambition for the club beyond staying in the league and finishing 17th.

It has now reached the stage that if you buy a season ticket you're effectively saying that you're alright with Newcastle United being nothing more than a marketing strategy for one of the biggest c***s in the UK. You're buying into how he runs our football club. You're choosing to gloss over the fact that he has systematically destroyed everything that was ever good about supporting our football club.

This isn't our club any more. Stop pretending it is, and stop giving the c***s your money

I agree with all of that apart from the 'If you buy a season ticket you're effectively saying you're alright with Newcastle United being nothing more than a marketing strategy'

Sorry but that's bollocks, you can want an owner out but still go to games, not having that.

I'm not happy with how the club is being run, ofcourse I'm not, im as p*ssed off as anyone that they didn't do enough to keep Rafa.

But just because you still want to go to games, it doesn't mean that you're supporting Ashley.

Supporters shouldn't be made to feel guilty just because they want to go games and actually support the team.

If you buy a season ticket you are absolutely complicit and happy with the way Ashley runs the club. You are enabling it.

There is literally no other way of looking at it. Apart from delusion. You are deluding yourself.

Looks like we'll have 45k+ deluded supporters next season then?

Yep, sadly. Maybe one day they'll wake up and realise supporting this club while Ashley remains in charge is a total waste of time and money.

If I thought that boycotting would get rid off Ashley then I would cancel my season ticket tomorrow. I just don't believe it will.

:lol:

Would you leave if 40,000 people pledged to give you huge amounts of money indefinitely and unconditionally?

Guest chopey

I'm sorry but Seymour is totally deluded in thinking that a boycott wont work, Ashley see's Newcastle fans as customers and if they don't turn up he has no product to sell.

When you say fight I presume you mean boycott? I've renewed... 

The Bruce argument is now irrelevant. You are actively supporting Ashley by giving him your money.

Nah, I'm not.

I'm not backing the owner, I am backing the manager

You are funding the owner and accepting his shitness..

So for 3 years you didn't back Rafa?

The owner was given an opportunity to change how he did things. Rafa had given us all a bit of hope again. He was showing us the way things could be if he was supported, and presented that plan to the c***s in charge. Instead Ashley and Charnley decided to reject Rafa's plan, sack him off and return to their previous plan of doing and spending the absolute bare minimum to stay in the premier league and maximise the exposure of Sports Direct and associated entities. By appointing Steve Bruce they've shown us that they have literally zero ambition for the club beyond staying in the league and finishing 17th.

It has now reached the stage that if you buy a season ticket you're effectively saying that you're alright with Newcastle United being nothing more than a marketing strategy for one of the biggest c***s in the UK. You're buying into how he runs our football club. You're choosing to gloss over the fact that he has systematically destroyed everything that was ever good about supporting our football club.

This isn't our club any more. Stop pretending it is, and stop giving the c***s your money

I agree with all of that apart from the 'If you buy a season ticket you're effectively saying you're alright with Newcastle United being nothing more than a marketing strategy'

Sorry but that's bollocks, you can want an owner out but still go to games, not having that.

I'm not happy with how the club is being run, ofcourse I'm not, im as p*ssed off as anyone that they didn't do enough to keep Rafa.

But just because you still want to go to games, it doesn't mean that you're supporting Ashley.

Supporters shouldn't be made to feel guilty just because they want to go games and actually support the team.

See what he's done to the club man? It's come to this. Attending SJP is now shamed, akin to sneaking into the private shop near Redheugh Bridge. I've been told there's one there anyway. Things are the most toxic, people most divided for a long time.

Its ridiculous, Ashley is the problem 100%.

But attempting to make supporters feel guilty for actually going to games and supporting the club is embarrassing.

Maybe they feel that regardless of you going to the games or not Ashley will go when he wants to go?

I think you should be ashamed if you keep giving Ashley money and lost your right to challenge the ownership you actively support. Regardless of what your meaning about the owner and intention for going to games are you are still supporting the owner with your money and presence. It's not hard to understand. Only reasons for people to attend is through stupidity or selfishness. No other way around it.

Ashamed for fuck sake man :lol: :lol: :lol:

I laugh too, but it's more the frustrated kind of laugh at people like you.

Seymour I think you're a total mug and I'm not the one you're giving £600+ a year to. Imagine what Mike Ashley, who you are funding, thinks of you.

I've never had a suitable answer to the question "If Mike Ashley doesn't care about your season ticket money (because the TV fund is so high), why has he whacked the ticket prices up and introduced the most expensive shirt in the league?"

The only plausible answer is that he knows how utterly stupid and gullible our supporters are. Absolutely desperate to hoy money at someone they claim to loathe.

"My wife's shagging her boss and I'm paying for their hotel. I just can't work out why she doesn't stop." :rolleyes:

Seymour I think you're a total mug and I'm not the one you're giving £600+ a year to. Imagine what Mike Ashley, who you are funding, thinks of you.

I've never had a suitable answer to the question "If Mike Ashley doesn't care about your season ticket money (because the TV fund is so high), why has he whacked the ticket prices up and introduced the most expensive shirt in the league?"

The only plausible answer is that he knows how utterly stupid and gullible our supporters are. Absolutely desperate to hoy money at someone they claim to loathe.

"My wife's shagging her boss and I'm paying for their hotel. I just can't work out why she doesn't stop." :rolleyes:

The "support the team" types are the same people who'd buy Gazza a pint.

He put the prices up because he knows he can, yes. Because he knows fans will pay it.

Having said that the ticket revenue is a drop in the ocean though when it comes to our revenue, do people think that if we just boycott every game he's going to sell the club?

5 years? 10 years? 20 years?

Not sure how people can go that long without going to a game but there you go

He put the prices up because he knows he can, yes. Because he knows fans will pay it.

Having said that the ticket revenue is a drop in the ocean though when it comes to our revenue, do people think that if we just boycott every game he's going to sell the club?

What are you going for though? What are you supporting?

Please don’t say ‘the team’. We are not a competitive sporting institution under Ashley. We aim for no more than survival and are actively prevented by Ashley from having any ambition beyond that. I know what this club can be. I was there during Keegan and Sir Bobby and we are not that club any more. Due to Ashley.

Stop enabling him ffs

"You think if his source of guaranteed revenue ends he's just going to sell up?!?"

Err.. Yes? Do you not know how ridiculous you sound to claim otherwise? The TV revenue isn't guaranteed because the club can, and probably will, be relegated. But the knackers turning up to stuff money into his pockets is a safe bet for him. Free money.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

But it's not a drop in the ocean is it. Season ticket revenue equates to between 20-30 million quid a season. And empty/half-empty stadia are detrimental to how the premier league brands itself to the overseas markets - passionate, sold-out stadiums, with unrivalled atmospheres, bla bla bla. It all equals pressure on Ashley. Season ticket revenue also remains so important to us because our commercial revenue is atrocious in comparison to the rest of the league and has gone backwards under Ashley's ownership.

Just keep on convincing yourself that it's totally sound to give him your money for whatever bullshit reason you can think of.

If season ticket money meant nothing to Ashley, he'd give them away for free.

Of course it matters to him. Of course depriving him of money will hurt him. Suggesting otherwise is incredibly naive.

If anyone wants to continue to go, then go. But do it with open eyes and realise exactly what you're doing, ie funding him, keeping him there, and accepting (and paying to go watch) a club which doesn't even want to compete and is nothing but a giant billboard for his tat emporium.

To flip the coin, how long can people continue to throw away good money to watch an under achieving, unambitious club? Just putting up with it hoping the storm will pass.

If you boycott the club, at the very least you can retain a little bit of dignity, instead of acting like a battered spouse. Whether it makes a difference to Ashley's tenure or not, I would rather be comfortable knowing that I wasn't taken for a complete mug. The way you are looking at it, there is even less hope for change, and, worse, you will always look the fool.

Walk away.

Please don’t say ‘the team’. We are not a competitive sporting institution under Ashley. We aim for no more than survival and are actively prevented by Ashley from having any ambition beyond that. I know what this club can be. I was there during Keegan and Sir Bobby and we are not that club any more. Due to Ashley.

Stop enabling him ffs

So because we aren't a 'competitve sporting intuition' that means stop going to games?

Basically you're saying because we're shit and haven't got a good team unlike when Keegan and Robson was here you're not going to games anymore?

Our aim is survival yes, so is half the league. You're sounding completely duluded and entitled to be honest.

You'll only turn up if we've got a good team, that's not what's supporting a club is about

But it's not a drop in the ocean is it. Season ticket revenue equates to between 20-30 million quid a season. And empty/half-empty stadia are detrimental to how the premier league brands itself to the overseas markets - passionate, sold-out stadiums, with unrivalled atmospheres, bla bla bla. It all equals pressure on Ashley. Season ticket revenue also remains so important to us because our commercial revenue is atrocious in comparison to the rest of the league and has gone backwards under Ashley's ownership.

Just keep on convincing yourself that it's totally sound to give him your money for whatever bullshit reason you can think of.

Ofcourse it is :lol:

Our main revenue is TV money, you already know that.

Ofcourse 30m isn't nothing but do you really think that's the difference between him staying or going. 30m?

Guest The Little Waster

Stop enabling him ffs

So because we aren't a 'competitve sporting intuition' that means stop going to games?

Basically you're saying because we're shit and haven't got a good team unlike when Keegan and Robson was here you're not going to games anymore?

Our aim is survival yes, so is half the league. You're sounding completely duluded and entitled to be honest.

You'll only turn up if we've got a good team, that's not what's supporting a club is about

Theres a hell of a difference regarding just being shit and being shit on purpose ...

Ofcourse it is :lol:

Our main revenue is TV money, you already know that.

Ofcourse 30m isn't nothing but do you really think that's the difference between him staying or going. 30m?

Jesus. If you want to be continually humiliated, why don't you blow Tory MP's for smack money? At least they'll throw you a coin once you gobble it up.

"Mike Ashley doesn't care about £25m a year"

Imagine actually claiming that with a straight face, about the greediest tightest man in Britain.

Who said he doesn't care about 25m a year? ? That would be silly, ofcourse it does

But in the grand scheme of things it isn't the main source of income, it isn't the difference between him staying or going. That's the bit you're not getting.

He's not still here because season ticket holders are going to games, he's still here because he wants to still be here/the price he will sell it at is very high

The main revenue is only TV money because we're in the Premier League. We weren't three years ago but you still couldn't wait to get down to St James' and give Mike more and more money to make sure he stays here long term.

If you boycott the club, at the very least you can retain a little bit of dignity, instead of acting like a battered spouse. Whether it makes a difference to Ashley's tenure or not, I would rather be comfortable knowing that I wasn't taken for a complete mug. The way you are looking at it, there is even less hope for change, and, worse, you will always look the fool.

Walk away.

Imagine saying that man :lol:

Supporters that go to support their football club, have no dignity apparently :lol: