Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Earned a chance. Dear me. He's a woeful manager and always has been.

He's been managing for 22 years and he's promoted 2 teams from the Championship and lost an FA Cup final. That's it. He's not won a single thing as a manager and he's go the worst win % in PL history. He's palpably and demonstrably dogshit as a manager as always has been. He's done nothing in his previous 21 seasons to even deserve another crack at the PL in July 2019 with any club. To credit him now is ignoring 21 years worth of evidence that he's very poor at his job. It's a blip. It happens now and again, it's happening now, he isn't suddenly a good manager who's flipped a switch and decided to be good for 30 games.

If people want to give him credit then they're more than welcome. If he repeats it for the next 3 or 4 seasons here or elsewhere and proves it's not a bit of a fluke then I'll change my mind.

Danny Murphy and Phil Neville desperately trying to get Bruce the gig if the takeover happens. These cunts from the establishment are gong to try every trick in the book to throw a spanner in our works. "Newcastle need a manager who knows the area" ...they are absolutely desperate to keep the stereotype alive and kicking and keep NUFC "in their box".

Just watching the MOTD Bruce arse-licking and Neville with the

"His style of football is better than Rafa"

Okay, lets just forget the rubbish football we were playing for most of the season when he decided to go back to Rafa's system and play it in the most statistically boring manner but it worked... just. Wasn't fucking pleasant on the eye mind without Rondon or Perez.

He keeps us up, has us anywhere 10th - 13th, that'll be a good job hes done but to say we should not be looking at Pochettino is absurd. This is the same manager the likes of Real Madrid / Barcelona / Man United have been eyeing. When you can afford the best, there is no room for sentiment.

He's done a good job but lets be real here, Steve Bruce as the manager/coach of one of the richest clubs in the world if this takeover goes through. Imagine.

We all know he won’t be in the plans if we’re actually going for success.

You say that, but I worry that new owners would listen to this relentless media bullshit and start being influenced by it. Especially if they start taking a microphone on the streets and radio phone-ins to the most dim-witted element of our support who will give it the "Brucie is a Geordie" bollocks.

They're business people, you wouldn't put someone in charge of managing an investment portfolio just because they're from the area its based in yet drastically underqualifed in every other area.

I'm confident Bruce is binned and someone competent is brought in. After all, as has been mentioned, ambassadorial roles can be created for those with a passion and love for the club but who don't have the talent or skills to fulfil footballing positions. Not that I'm suggesting for one moment that Bruce should have one.

Keep him until the season is finished, would be surprised if he goes before then.

Would be ruthless if he was sacked the day it was announced, the media would be furious. It would be fucking great.

Earned a chance. Dear me. He's a woeful manager and always has been.

He's been managing for 22 years and he's promoted 2 teams from the Championship and lost an FA Cup final. That's it. He's not won a single thing as a manager and he's go the worst win % in PL history. He's palpably and demonstrably dogshit as a manager as always has been. He's done nothing in his previous 21 seasons to even deserve another crack at the PL in July 2019 with any club. To credit him now is ignoring 21 years worth of evidence that he's very poor at his job. It's a blip. It happens now and again, it's happening now, he isn't suddenly a good manager who's flipped a switch and decided to be good for 30 games.

If people want to give him credit then they're more than welcome. If he repeats it for the next 3 or 4 seasons here or elsewhere and proves it's not a bit of a fluke then I'll change my mind.

Absolutely spot on.  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Honestly I won’t be shocked if they give him a year.

However, if FFP rules are to be relaxed then I can’t see this consortium putting full trust in him to spend big and we might only have 2 seasons of that so why would they waste that opportunity.

He took us to safety, exceeding all expectations. Whatever happens he can never be spoken of as being the worst manager we’ve ever had, far from it actually.

Honestly I won’t be shocked if they give him a year.

Absolutely no chance. In the context of everything going on, this upcoming window could be a golden opportunity to completely reshape the team and for new owners to really hit the ground running. They’re not going to invest the money they have and keep Bruce around to oversee it. Be shocked if he’s not gone within days of this season finishing, assuming all goes to plan with the takeover.

They might keep him on, but a year? Not a hope, he'll be gone with the first bad run. Why even waste it though? The league is so piss poor that with decent investment we could hit a EL spot next year like.

Guest chopey

Blood pressure through the roof watching that ugly cunt Phil Neville and that egg headed prick Murphy sucking Bruce off on MOTD.

If anyone listens to Talksport they will know that Jim White has managed to convince Murphy that he was some sort of football genius, instead of the permacrocked  bit part player he really was.

He’s insignificant TBH, the only important thing is the getting rid of Ashley. Whether they fire Bruce immediately or in a few months is just a detail.

He has to go by the end of the season. If he suddenly gets a run of good results, it would make sacking him very difficult, and that also means the likes of Rafa or Pochettino would probably make other plans. the end of season with no danger of relegation is perfect for Bruce, other teams won't necessarily be playing for anything, and no pressure on us, so we will probably perform better than when there's a vocal crowd in the stadium.

He'll be replaced - and should be, let's be honest. He's not a manager to take you where the club will want to go, and never will be.

Having said all that, I've been impressed with how he's done in some areas this season. Defensively, I expected us to collapse, but we're disciplined and motivated, and he even seems to have sorted getting us back to a back four without looking like the team is suffering from late-stage rabies.

I'm also impressed with how well he's conducted himself amidst a back drop of a lot of pressure and speculation. He's been very polite and professional. It's slightly tragic that I even have to say that as a positive, but post-Pardew, Kinnear and Carver, it's worth mentioning.

Still, replacing him is the only way to go - but I wish him all the best for the future.

Guest chopey

He'll be replaced - and should be, let's be honest. He's not a manager to take you where the club will want to go, and never will be.

Having said all that, I've been impressed with how he's done in some areas this season. Defensively, I expected us to collapse, but we're disciplined and motivated, and he even seems to have sorted getting us back to a back four without looking like the team is suffering from late-stage rabies.

I'm also impressed with how well he's conducted himself amidst a back drop of a lot of pressure and speculation. He's been very polite and professional. It's slightly tragic that I even have to say that as a positive, but post-Pardew, Kinnear and Carver, it's worth mentioning.

Still, replacing him is the only way to go - but I wish him all the best for the future.

He would drop us in a heartbeat if Man Utd  came in for him.