Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Do we thank Benitez for being a game away from Wembley in the FA Cup too?

he's taken 2 replays to get past 2 absolute shite teams man :lol:

can't think of us ever having such a favourable draw in the cup and we still struggled

Aye, Benitez's well drilled defence conceded 4 goals against those lower league sides. Just wondering if that's Benitez' fault or Bruces

Exactly we weren't exactly class in the cups under Rafa, we lost to Oxford, Forest (twice), Watford, Hull etc.

This year draw has been easier, but we still had to get through.

No, but the stats help you work out whether it's skill or luck. If you only judge things on results, you might not appreciate what's really going on. You can be bad and still win, but that might not be sustainable.

well put - what was that period where we were picking results with our defenders scoring random goals as we were dicked off the pitch in most games?  he doesn't "deserve credit" for that because winning games by having your defenders score all the goals isn't a tactical plan, it was fucking luck :lol:

Of course it was :lol:.

Honestly, I've never said 'how the fuck did we win that?!?' or 'How the fuck are we nicking a point from this?' more in my 33 years as a NUFC fan.

He's been the luckiest cunt going.

Even yesterday it took a red card, defensive slip and Sheff Utd being knackered to break the deadlock but, all of a sudden, we're lucky to have 'Good Ole Steve'.

At this rate, we'll be lucky to hang on to him and Poch will have a competitor at every elite interview he does this summer :lol: :lol: :lol:.

Who on here suddenly said we were lucky to have good ole Steve?

No, but the stats help you work out whether it's skill or luck. If you only judge things on results, you might not appreciate what's really going on. You can be bad and still win, but that might not be sustainable.

well put - what was that period where we were picking results with our defenders scoring random goals as we were dicked off the pitch in most games?  he doesn't "deserve credit" for that because winning games by having your defenders score all the goals isn't a tactical plan, it was fucking luck :lol:

12 goals conceded in 15 home isn't purely down to luck man. Fucking hell  :lol: :lol:

not sure what point you think you're making, he stuck to rafa's system in order to keep games tight and as a result we couldn't score for shit

if you think steve bacon is the brains behind that defensive organisation and dubravka playing out of his skin you need help

Might as well just had a fucking crash test dummy in the dugout then? This fucking board man.  :lol:

Honestly, I've never said 'how the fuck did we win that?!?' or 'How the fuck are we nicking a point from this?' more in my 33 years as a NUFC fan.

Even yesterday it took a red card, defensive slip and Sheff Utd being knackered to break the deadlock but, all of a sudden, we're lucky to have 'Good Ole Steve'.

At this rate, we'll be lucky to hang on to him and Poch will have a competitor at every elite interview he does this summer :lol: :lol: :lol:.

Where did I say that was from here?

12 goals conceded in 15 home isn't purely down to luck man. Fucking hell  :lol: :lol:

not sure what point you think you're making, he stuck to rafa's system in order to keep games tight and as a result we couldn't score for shit

if you think steve bacon is the brains behind that defensive organisation and dubravka playing out of his skin you need help

Might as well just had a fucking crash test dummy in the dugout then? This fucking board man.  :lol:

Didn't you quit the board or determine that you weren't going to bother discussing Mr Doubtfire again or did I get you mixed up with a different Bruce apologist?

If not here then who suddenly said we were lucky to have good ole Steve after Sheff Utd had a red card ?

12 goals conceded in 15 home games isn't purely down to luck man. Fucking hell  :lol: :lol:

So I assume 29 goals conceded in 15 away games is all Stevie Bacon then?

If not here then who suddenly said we were lucky to have good ole Steve after Sheff Utd had a red card ?

The pundits (his mates) and his drinking buddies in the media have been saying how great he is all weekend? Did you miss that?

The pundits (his mates) and his drinking buddies in the media have been saying how great he is all weekend? Did you miss that?

So which pundit or drinking mates of his suddenly said we were lucky to have good old Steve after Sheff Utds red card?

Thats what I was hoping to get at with my question re. Bruce getting us to Wembley being down to Benitez.

yeah i know, we all know, but it's a crap argument

bruce is the current boss so he's responsible for performances, but by his own admission he stuck with benitez's system and organisation because he doesn't have a fucking clue the players weren't capable of playing anything else or something

so he gets little to no credit for copying what benitez built at the same time as not being able to get attackers within a sniff of the opposition goal and is also responsible for us conceding 4 goals against shite teams as you mentioned, because he's the boss

it's pretty simple

now having said that, while i'm still of the opinion he's massively riding his luck what i would say is that he deserves credit for starting to get the attackers more involved finally, for realised after 70% of the season that playing almiron right wing was never going to work, and that joelinton needs people around him to be any kind of threat...i'm being semi-facetious here but we do look better going forward now on the face of it and that's down to bruce not benitez if we're being logically consistent

Didn't you quit the board or determine that you weren't going to bother discussing Mr Doubtfire again or did I get you mixed up with a different Bruce apologist?

Got your facts wrong (again).

12 goals conceded in 15 home games isn't purely down to luck man. Fucking hell  :lol: :lol:

So I assume 29 goals conceded in 15 away games is all Stevie Bacon then?

As I said previously (if you were reading the thread) we've been bummed away (Leicester, Arsenal, Man Utd). When we lose away with Bruce, we can get dominated big time. That never happened under Rafa.

So which pundit or drinking mates of his suddenly said we were lucky to have good old Steve after Sheff Utds red card?

Read what I wrote again please.

Shame.

Thats what I was hoping to get at with my question re. Bruce getting us to Wembley being down to Benitez.

yeah i know, we all know, but it's a crap argument

bruce is the current boss so he's responsible for performances, but by his own admission he stuck with benitez's system and organisation because he doesn't have a fucking clue the players weren't capable of playing anything else or something

so he gets little to no credit for copying what benitez built at the same time as not being able to get attackers within a sniff of the opposition goal and is also responsible for us conceding 4 goals against shite teams as you mentioned, because he's the boss

it's pretty simple

now having said that, while i'm still of the opinion he's massively riding his luck what i would say is that he deserves credit for starting to get the attackers more involved finally, for realised after 70% of the season that playing almiron right wing was never going to work, and that joelinton needs people around him to be any kind of threat...i'm being semi-facetious here but we do look better going forward now on the face of it and that's down to buce not benitez if we're being logically consistent

Im not a Bruce apologist, he seems a right cock of a bloke and hes most certainly lucky to be managing in the PL again nevermind Newcastle. Yes, he landed on his feet to be managing a canny enough side left by Benitez. I dont think anybody is debating that.

Truth of the matter is though is that he's not been anywhere near as shit as we thought he would be, but on the flip side of that he also hasn't done a great a job as some of the media are making out.

Some performances have been rotten, some have been alright and few decent like yesterday. He's a very limited manager.

He's done decent enough, he deserves some credit. But to say this is all mainly down to Benitez man is codwallop.

Guest neesy111

I don't like at all Bruce but he does deserve credit for some stuff this season.  However, this was one of those rare times in football management when he was taking over a manager who wasn't sacked or resigned due to poor results.

"Even yesterday it took a red card, defensive slip and Sheff Utd being knackered to break the deadlock but, all of a sudden, we're lucky to have 'Good Ole Steve'."

Which of Bruces drinking mates and pundits said we were "lucky" to have "good ole Steve" after sheff utd had a player sent off and had a defensive slip-up in order for us to break the deadlock?

Truth of the matter is though is that he's not been anywhere near as shit as we thought he would be,

Some performances have been rotten, some have been alright and few decent like yesterday. He's a very limited manager.

see i think this is where everyone is talking at cross purposes or whatever, because watching the performances he has been as shite as we expected, arguably worse tbh, but those performances have been heavily masked but ludicrous goals from defenders and teams not putting us away

in other words he's been very, very lucky - i honestly don't see how anyone could argue against that tbh

It's hard not to give the fucking oaf some credit this season.  A lot of it is down to luck but he's got a spirit in the team (considering how poor they are) that I probably haven't seen since Hughton.

"Even yesterday it took a red card, defensive slip and Sheff Utd being knackered to break the deadlock but, all of a sudden, we're lucky to have 'Good Ole Steve'."

Which of Bruces drinking mates and pundits said we were "lucky" to have "good ole Steve" after sheff utd had a player sent off and had a defensive slip-up in order for us to break the deadlock?

Fuck me. The point I was making is that we needed a break yesterday to break the deadlock.

The win yesterday, against a knackered ten men, has now given he friends in the media and ex-colleagues on TV a further opportunity to talk him up.

But I think you probably already knew that and were just being pedantic.

Truth of the matter is though is that he's not been anywhere near as shit as we thought he would be,

see i think this is where everyone is talking at cross purposes or whatever, because watching the performances he has been as shite as we expected, arguably worse tbh, but those performances have been heavily masked but ludicrous goals from defenders and teams not putting us away

in other words he's been very, very lucky - i honestly don't see how anyone could argue against that tbh

Wey aye he's enjoyed some luck this season. I'm not arguing that.

Shame.

You're the one so triggered by Steve Bruce man.  :lol:

I'm not even arguing he's a good manager or should stay. But you're too busy frothing at the mouth to notice.

Fuck me. The point I was making is that we needed a break yesterday to break the deadlock.

The win yesterday, against a knackered ten men, has now given he friends in the media and ex-colleagues on TV a further opportunity to talk him up.

So it didn't happen then, cheers.

So it didn't happen then, cheers.

Your interpretation didn't happen but that's because you were trying to be a pedantic cunt. I'd imagine most others could see the point being made.