Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Short memories all around. We've been incredibly shit in 90% of the games this season. Our points total is beyond miraculous given the nature of our performances. Bruce deserves praise for finding out that a front three of Almiron, ASM and Joelinton would give us a chance of counter-attacking eventually, but it took him forever to get there. He was given a shitload of players before the season, the football has been abysmal and that shouldn't be altered just because there was a long break.

Relax man, he hasn't done as shite as well thought he would do & he hasn't done a great a job as all his media pals have made out.

When MbS & Staveley bin him off he'll be history and we won't have to worry about him again.

He'll do an interview in the Daily Mail in 12 months time about how he's looking to get back into management and the only reason we never took to Bruce properly was because he wasn't Rafa blah blah blah.

Calm down everyone, it's Monday, the takeover is happening soon and the sun is out.

Relax man, he hasn't done as shite as well thought he would do & he hasn't done a great a job as all his media pals have made out.

When MbS & Staveley bin him off he'll be history and we won't have to worry about him again.

He'll do an interview in the Daily Mail in 12 months time about how he's looking to get back into management and the only reason we never took to Bruce properly was because he wasn't Rafa and managed Sunderland blah blah blah.

Calm down everyone, it's Monday, the takeover is happening soon and the sun is out.

Short memories all around. We've been incredibly shit in 90% of the games this season. Our points total is beyond miraculous given the nature of our performances. Bruce deserves praise for finding out that a front three of Almiron, ASM and Joelinton would give us a chance of counter-attacking eventually, but it took him forever to get there. He was given a shitload of players before the season, the football has been abysmal and that shouldn't be altered just because there was a long break.

Again I'll say it: 12 home goals conceded. Joint best in league. You're going to pick up points with a home defence like that (take out Leicester and it's 9 goals conceded in 14 games man - that's class). Football hasn't been great to watch for most of the season, but we've never been in any serious trouble. We picked up wins when we needed them.

Bruce goes at end of season, and I would delighted with Poch/takeover and new chapter. He won't stay but he doesn't deserve disrespect.

He'll be replaced - and should be, let's be honest. He's not a manager to take you where the club will want to go, and never will be.

Having said all that, I've been impressed with how he's done in some areas this season. Defensively, I expected us to collapse, but we're disciplined and motivated, and he even seems to have sorted getting us back to a back four without looking like the team is suffering from late-stage rabies.

I'm also impressed with how well he's conducted himself amidst a back drop of a lot of pressure and speculation. He's been very polite and professional. It's slightly tragic that I even have to say that as a positive, but post-Pardew, Kinnear and Carver, it's worth mentioning.

Still, replacing him is the only way to go - but I wish him all the best for the future.

Absolutely. :thup:

I'm as anti-Bruce as anyone, but you've got to admit that was a thoroughly decent performance.

For me it's not just about the on-field stuff, it's the lack of drive to kick on as a club and his constant "Little old Newcastle have done alright against the big boys" attitude that irks me. You just know another season of Bruce / Ashley brings relegation, assuming ASM would be off in the summer, sold for a handsome profit that will be used as our entire budget. We'd bring in Nathan Redmond and pretend we tried for Ryan Fraser.

Striker wise we'd be lucky to bring in someone like Benteke.

Yep :thup:.

Genuinely as jammy as I've ever seen us too. So many games where we picked up points but undeservedly so. Literally zero games where we lost points undeservedly.

Off he fucks, for me.

Genuinely as jammy as I've ever seen us too. So many games where we picked up points but undeservedly so. Literally zero games where we lost points undeservedly.

Off he fucks, for me.

12 home goals conceded in 15 home games is jammy?

Off he fucks, for me.

Chelsea at home - robbed them.

Norwich at home - robbed them.

Brighton at home - robbed them.

Everton away - robbed them.

JAMMY AS FUCK.

Off he fucks, for me.

JAMMY AS FUCK.

You didnt answer his question.

Off he fucks, for me.

JAMMY AS FUCK.

Thanks for ignoring my question.  :lol: :lol:

Off he fucks, for me.

JAMMY AS FUCK.

If luck evened itself out over a season, where would we be? Bottom two for me.

Overall stats indicate that.

As for your question, he's incredibly lucky he inherited such a very well drilled back four from Rafa tbh.

He didn't inherit Rafa's forward line and we've scored 28 goals all season :lol: :lol: :lol:.

With such decent defensive stats, why are we showing a -13 goal difference?

Wasn't Bruce's tactic just to tell them to play how Rafa told them ?

Yep for 70% of the season and then when he couldn't get them to score goals, he tweaked it.

Can't remember the useless oaf thanking Rafa for signing Dubravka either because it's him who has kept the useless fucker in a job.

Yep for 70% of the season and then when he couldn't get them to score goals, he tweaked it.

Can't remember the useless oaf thanking Rafa for signing Dubravka either because it's him who has kept the useless fucker in a job.

Haha, when did a manager last thank their predecessor for a signing a player for him?

Haha, when did a manager last thank their predecessor for a signing a player for him?

Well he's been the first to criticise the system he inherited so why not thank Rafa too?

Well he's been the first to criticise the system he inherited so why not thank Rafa too?

when did a manager last thank their predecessor for a signing a player for him?

Off he fucks, for me.

JAMMY AS FUCK.

If luck evened itself out over a season, where would we be? Bottom two for me.

Overall stats indicate that.

As for your question, he's incredibly lucky he inherited such a very well drilled back four from Rafa tbh.

He didn't inherit Rafa's forward line and we've scored 28 goals all season :lol: :lol: :lol:.

With such decent defensive stats, why are we showing a -13 goal difference?

Arsenal, Everton, Burnley at home we easily could've picked up more points. Burnley away with that Gayle sitter too.

We've had some luck this season no doubt, and our keeper has been class.

"Overall stats indicate that"  :lol:

That's my fucking point. If you only concede 12 home goals, then you will pick up points. That's what we've done.

Under Rafa we never got dominated as much when we had a bad game - this season we have (Leicester home and away, Man Utd and Arsenal away).

Us conceding 12 goals at home is of course not reflective of the performances. Our xG conceded is 24,5. We're 12,5 goals better off than that. Some of these stats are misleading, yes, and some of them are not. Anyone watching the opposition squandering chances and Dubravka playing out of his skin game after game will not be surprised to see us have those numbers. For comparison, the team with the next biggest difference (www.understat.com/league/EPL) is Palace who are 5 goals better off. Again: We're +12,5.

Us conceding 12 goals at home is of course not reflective of the performances. Our xG conceded is 24,5. We're 12,5 goals better off than that. Some of these stats are misleading, yes, and some of them are not. Anyone watching the opposition squandering chances and Dubravka playing out of his skin game after game will not be surprised to see us have those numbers. For comparison, the team with the next biggest difference (www.understat.com/league/EPL) is Palace who are 5 goals better off. Again: We're +12,5.

xG relegation 2019-2020  :'(

"xG", "+12,5."

What's all this nonsense man. Bruce isn't the most likeable of blokes but he's done a decent job. Simple as that and there's fuckall else worth getting worked up over. He's not gonna be here for much longer.