Joelinton

Stifler

If you spend 40M on a striker you expect him to walk in and start banging them in. 

i don't really see the relevance of this type of comment, £40m means fuck all when you're in a side like ours

haller was £40m as well right, how many did he get prior to moyes coming in out of interest?

EDIT: 6, is that classed as banging them in?  for all that west ham have been shite they're a better attacking unit than us by a mile imo, but then again who isn't

If you spend 40M on a striker you expect him to walk in and start banging them in. 

Well he wasn't banging them in even before we decided he was worth £40m. Whatever else he is, he's not a goalscorer and never was.

i mean, being objective about it he's had his best season at age 22 with 10 goals in league and cup plus 11 or more assists that season which was better than what he'd achieved in austria on loan from what i can see

the assumption from the scouting people must obviously have been he was on the rise and could turn into hot shit

then he met steve bruce

i'm not saying either way 100%, i see things in him as i diud thauvin/cabella etc.

imo worth remembering he's 23 or so, new to the country and playing in a horrible team for a disgrace of a manager before writing his entire career off

Dont look for excuses for his piss poor grasp and lock of general ability. Worst striker weve had in a long long time. He hasn't even got a fraction of the striking ability that fucking Shola had man

Its embarrassing watching him play 40m man 40 fucking million

i'm not saying either way 100%, i see things in him as i diud thauvin/cabella etc.

imo worth remembering he's 23 or so, new to the country and playing in a horrible team for a disgrace of a manager before writing his entire career off

Dont look for excuses for his p*ss poor grasp and lock of general ability. Worst striker weve had in a long long time. He hasn't even got a fraction of the striking ability that f***ing Shola had man

Its embarrassing watching him play 40m man 40 f***ing million

:anguish:

The double-take between 4-5 seconds is where he realised his career in England was f***ed.

The last couple of seconds as well with the look to the camera. Poor bloke.

This clip man :lol: It’s like it’s a football based comedy like The Office, and Bruce a Gervais type character.

Can't see anything in him that could make him worth £40M. It's very strange that Ashley allowed us to sign him for that money. The chance of him to make any money on him must have been very slim.

Hard to see how we could get rid of him now. Who would buy him for any decent fee?

don't even know how to address shite like that anymore, and why the fuck do you care if he was 40m or 4m?

No point in addressing it. People who can sit and watch us play the most awful football the Premier has seen in 10 years, then whinge about the striker....they aren't ever going to get it.

don't even know how to address shite like that anymore, and why the fuck do you care if he was 40m or 4m?

No point in addressing it. People who can sit and watch us play the most awful football the Premier has seen in 10 years, then whinge about the striker....they aren't ever going to get it.

:thup:

I still think there is a better player than what we are seeing. If Benitez was in charge or even someone half decent we would have saw more from him. Before people say Benitez didn't want him, it was reported he did like him, but just not worth spending nearly his entire budget on 1 player when the squad is lacking in other areas which has proven to be the case.

That said he is not a £40 million player and never will be a £40 million player. I reckon if we bought Rondon as well he would have been a good mentor for Joelinton and would have taken the goal scoring burden off him.

I just don't buy this line at all.

Rafa wants who Rafa wants. He isn't going to be led by suggestions from other experts ( :lol:) within the club. The whole scenario goes completely against his whole ethos and football vision ffs.

He may have given his opinion on the player, he may not have. I mean, who at the club approached him and said "we're trying to buy this guy - what's your take"? There was no communication from them to him, he probably first learned of the interest in the papers at the same time as we all did.

I'm not sure where those suggestions came from, probably the press with an agenda.

It was from Caulkin.

Newcastle have long been fixated on Joelinton, Hoffenheim’s Brazilian forward, who will cost around £36 million.

‘They pressed the 22-year-old on Benítez, who demurred; he liked the player, but not at anything like that price and, if there was that much money available, why not let him spent it on his own choices?‘

It was from Caulkin.

Newcastle have long been fixated on Joelinton, Hoffenheim’s Brazilian forward, who will cost around £36 million.

‘They pressed the 22-year-old on Benítez, who demurred; he liked the player, but not at anything like that price and, if there was that much money available, why not let him spent it on his own choices?‘

Nickson also put Muto and Murphy to him which he ended up agreeing to I think it was more the price with Joelinton that he thought hell no.

Even less compromise with Nickson would have served him better in terms of avoiding pricey duds.

It was from Caulkin.

Nickson also put Muto and Murphy to him which he ended up agreeing to I think it was more the price with Joelinton that he thought hell no.

Even less compromise with Nickson would have served him better in terms of avoiding pricey duds.

Well he might have liked him for £5 million for all that quote gives us (and still would rather spend the money on his own pick, as stated).

Never heard about this Muto and Murphy recommendation though. I'm surprised Rafa even agreed to it.