Joelinton

Stifler

2 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Sure, just the 2 glasses.....

image.thumb.png.55ba7965a8186efbd8541eba9e536f1d.png

Not that I expect anyone to tell the truth in these matters: "Yeah, I was halfway through the second bottle and just thought 'Fuck it, almost no chance of getting caught', oh well. Sorry!" is unlikely to be said at court no matter how accurate.

Not a judgement on the guilt/crime/punishment but is that a pretty regular punishment for the crime these days in the UK? The fine is likely bigger than normal due to his wealth right? or is this pretty much a standard punishment for anyone? Don't remember it being this harsh when I left the UK but it's also so horrifically lax in Canada, despite being a focus of improvement since I've been here.

For Joe he has hopefully learned his lesson and we all move on.

Edited by toontownman

Just now, toontownman said:

Not a judgement on the guilt/crime/punishment but is that a pretty regular punishment for the crime these days in the UK? The fine is likely bigger than normal due to his wealth right? or is this pretty much a standard punishment for anyone? Don't remember it being this harsh when I left the UK but it's also so horrifically lax in Canada, despite being a focus of improvement since I've been here.

Theres no way the average punter would get fined that much. It’s got to be based on his salary 

Just now, toontownman said:

They changed a load of driving offence fines to be a percentage of your weekly earnings.

I think dec (of ant and dec obvs) has the record fine for his drink driving.

25 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

They changed a load of driving offence fines to be a percentage of your weekly earnings.

I think dec (of ant and dec obvs) has the record fine for his drink driving.

it was Ant wasn’t it? And he crashed and was completely off his chops iirc. 

in reply to others normal punter would get a fine in the region of £700-£1000 assuming they were on a median regional salary. 

Nice contrite post from Big Joe. Learn from it and move on. Let be without sin cast the first stone. 

4 minutes ago, FLUMPO235 said:

Oh yeah! Sorry can’t believe I said dec, it was ant! Been a long day, sorry if dec is reading!

😂

They both lurk so I am told, as does Jimmy Nail, Brian Johnson, Gabby Logan and Gav Webster

We're humans and we all fuck up now and again and do things we regret. He's apologised and if he learns from it and doesn't do it again, then he can take it as a lesson learnt and be a little wiser for it.

Edited by Tyler