Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Yeah he's not falling into the world class bracket lets be honest.

He gets bums off seats when he beats a man but doesn't offer a lot else. We kept him for a few years under Ashley which says it all. Nobody wanted to spend any decent amount of money on him.

I didn't say he is world class period, I said at the things he does best he is world class. Which if utilized by team that fits his style perfectly (which is not that few, in most Serie A top clubs he would be dominant) would appear as world class.

4 minutes ago, kocunar said:

If your only definition of contribution is goals/assists then yes, your comment makes sense.

Reminds me of all Croatian fans shitting on Modrić for 10+ years because he doesn't score enough.

Bizarre comment

11 minutes ago, kocunar said:

Because he is absolutely world class at what he does. It may not suit us and our style of play, which is fine, but people here and in the football media acting like he brings no objective value is ludicrous to me.

Absolutely world class but doesn't play for his country and no major clubs appear to have shown any interest in him, even though it's been obvious for a while that Howe doesn't fancy him

He's canny on his day, but he's not world class

Be surprised if many fans outside of the Premier League even know who he is

Edited by bobbydazzla

Although I understand why, I will be really sad to see him go. At his best, he is one of our top players and offers something very few players in the world can do. 

It'll be undisclosed so we'll never know. Nothing we can do about it, it's been decided and it's his choice. Let's see how we move on. If its Barnes then I'll get behind it. 

3 minutes ago, jack j said:

Not sure if it's been asked earlier but how will it effect us in ffp rules

Presume its not just a case of 30 million(ish) in so we then have that amount to spend?

Because of amortisation, that means about 3 to 4 new players available to come in, have a read of this which explains it quite well 

https://twitter.com/SwedishRumble/status/1681612708033048577

23 minutes ago, kocunar said:

Because he is absolutely world class at what he does. It may not suit us and our style of play, which is fine, but people here and in the football media acting like he brings no objective value is ludicrous to me.

If so you'd think he'd have more suitors, we'd want a higher price and he'd have had a sniff of the national team.

10 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Bizarre comment

Not bizzare, just daft.

People with little foundation to their opinions, other than that inner self belief of their own genius, often prove their point with excessive made up stuff. 

That or "and I'm not the only one that thinks that" 

For my part I'm often wrong, nay mostly, about lots. Also have hugely unpopular opinions like "all cats should be house cats or not allowed" 

Maxi's not THAT productive. Nobody and I mean nobody is bashing any doors down to buy him and, with or without Barnes, he'd rarely start anyway. 

Au revoir kidda 😉

I think we would struggle to get over £20m for him this summer from a European club. I figured he would leave this summer but I thought it would be on loan, probably to Italy, with an option to buy. If we could get £30m for him straight up then it’s not bad. Obviously if he was physically fine he would be worth a lot more and I don’t think we would even be selling.

3 minutes ago, jack j said:

Cheers

See so much different stuff about it. Never know what's right and wrong

This is why Clubs renew player contracts quite regularly as it spreads what’s left of the amortisation of the fee over the new contract(up-to 5 years now because of Chelsea’s antics last year) 

Edited by nufcnick

I just think it's unlucky that we have to sell him this summer, because as our management probably correctly decided that his value is only gonna drop the longer he stays with us.

He would fit perfectly in some of the top Serie A clubs, like Juve, Napoli and Milan, but Juve can't even buy a capriciosa from a local pizzeria right now, and Napoli and Milan have Leao and Kvaradona. He doesn't fit Inter, and every club below that can not afford his price. Otherwise I think we could sell him there for £30m atleast.

Edited by kocunar

ASM is a joy to watch, we can all agree on that. Problem with him is that he is horrible at making decisions. He holds the ball a tad bit too long, he makes one dribble too much, pass and shoots at the wrong time. He will never be world class player until he improves that and nothing so far, not even with Eddie as manager, has shown any signs yet of him improving in that area.

I love ASM, as much as I loved HBA or any other "magician" we've had at this club, and I would love to keep him. I do realize though that he ain't a player that fits Howes way of playing that much, and probably will only do cameo appearance for the last 15 minutes in most games. Question then is, wouldn't it be better to cash in to get someone that can improve the team, the way Howe wants to play it?

1 minute ago, Peder75 said:

ASM when fit is sometimes a joy to watch, we can all agree on that. Problem with him is that he is horrible at making decisions. He holds the ball a tad bit too long, he makes one dribble too much, pass and shoots at the wrong time. He will never be world class player until he improves that and nothing so far, not even with Eddie as manager, has shown any signs yet of him improving in that area.

I love ASM, as much as I loved HBA or any other "magician" we've had at this club, and I would love to keep him. I do realize though that he ain't a player that fits Howes way of playing that much, and probably will only do cameo appearance for the last 15 minutes in most games. Question then is, wouldn't it be better to cash in to get someone that can improve the team, the way Howe wants to play it? Yes.

10 minutes ago, Peder75 said:

ASM is a joy to watch, we can all agree on that. Problem with him is that he is horrible at making decisions. He holds the ball a tad bit too long, he makes one dribble too much, pass and shoots at the wrong time. He will never be world class player until he improves that and nothing so far, not even with Eddie as manager, has shown any signs yet of him improving in that area.

I love ASM, as much as I loved HBA or any other "magician" we've had at this club, and I would love to keep him. I do realize though that he ain't a player that fits Howes way of playing that much, and probably will only do cameo appearance for the last 15 minutes in most games. Question then is, wouldn't it be better to cash in to get someone that can improve the team, the way Howe wants to play it?

I would say he’s the only player that hasn’t improved under Howe, but it was probably a shock to his system, going from being able to basically do what the fuck he likes in training and games to then being expected to be a team player and put in the effort going backwards as well as forwards 

2 minutes ago, TRC said:

How does it work for selling? If we get 25m for maxi, with amortisation we are +20m roughly, but next year that +20m doesnt count to ffp?

Next year a lot of dead wood will be gone because of expired contracts and new sponsorships will also come in