Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

3 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

You what? :lol:

He is. Struggle to name many more as exciting. KK at Napoli and Leao at AC Milan. Vini Jr at Real Madrid stick out but not many more. 

6 minutes ago, Pata said:

To Saudi Arabia? Nah. :lol:

Neves is the most comparable player age-wise but he only had a year left on his contract and went for close to £50m iirc. Rumoured £40m for Fabinho too but ASM isn't a DMF but one of the most exciting wingers to watch in Europe in his prime. 

Too inconsistent and too injury prone to be worth anywhere near £50m.

Just now, LFEE said:

He is. Struggle to name many more as exciting. KK at Napoli and Leao at AC Milan. Vini Jr at Real Madrid stick out but not many more. 

Give over man, doesn't come anywhere close to those three

Not a massive fan of this, but then again my favourite over the last decade is comfortably HBA - so I've got a soft spot for a troubled genius.

Players like ASM make football interesting (particularly the Bruce years), so it's sad to see them move on, even if it's for the benefit of the team

Edited by Robbo2

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Yeah you probably do, which makes your comment even worse. If he was at Brentford, same injury record and stats, what would you want us to pay for him?

I'm only talking about selling him to Saudi Arabia. What we would pay for him if he played for Brentford doesn't mean anything. If you can't see how we should be getting £50m for him from SA, I don't know what else to say.

Edited by Pata

1 minute ago, Shearergol said:

what’s the criteria? Excitement is a bit subjective.

Gets you out your seat when he gets the ball. Unpredictable. Flashes of individual skill. That kind of thing. What I pay my money to watch in person rather than just watch on TV.

Just now, Pata said:

I'm only talking about selling him to Saudi Arabia. What we would pay for him if he played for Brentford doesn't mean fuck all. If you can't see how we should be getting £50m for him from SA, I don't know what else to say.

Nope, that’s not how it works. PL will be all over this deal. What’s his fair market value? One of the most exciting wingers in Europe, should be about £70m?

Just now, Tiresias said:

Wonder if we don't feel we can ask for more for appearance of propriety more than anything

I’d say it it’s just a smokescreen to keep the Barnes fee as low as possible. Wouldn’t be surprised if eventually undisclosed depending on if we do Barnes deal before he is sold.

Isn't Diaby rumoured to be going under £50m to Saudi? £50m is a lot for an injury prone player with 13 goals in 4 years. 

You'd hope for £35m if that's what we are paying for Barnes. Gives 30+m in profit in terms of FFP which is quite handy for this year. 

Just now, Shearergol said:

Nope, that’s not how it works. PL will be all over this deal. What’s his fair market value? One of the most exciting wingers in Europe, should be about £70m?

What can PL do when they have already allowed big deals go through to SA?

If I was PIF and they are spending close to £40-50m a piece for Neves and Fabinho, I would absolutely think £70m for ASM would be fair value and bit of a steal considering what they try to achieve with their league. Once again, I don't think anyone cares to watch it to see slow as fuck Fabinho injure players in midfield.

9 minutes ago, Pata said:

It's SAUDI ARABIA ffs, PIF owns the teams. :lol:

So why don't they offer £300m then? Any deal we do with Saudi based teams will be under the microscope more than any other club.

Just now, Beth said:

So why don't they offer £300m then? Any deal we do with Saudi based teams will be under the microscope more than any other club.

I'm not surprised you don't see the difference in £50m and £300m.