Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

So no difference in scrutiny between world record fee or something close to what Neves went for ffs? :lol:

£20m difference for a more reliable, more consistent and less injury prone player? Seems fair enough to me like.

1 minute ago, Toon88 said:

Pata mate, you’re a clown

On 08/07/2023 at 17:19, Toon88 said:

He’s not good enough, he can’t dribble, take away his goals hes crap, look at ASM’s xA for goodness sake. I’m done with this club.

scores v villa on that first Sunday

He’s f***ing brilliant, he’s such a good finisher, what a signing, Eddie Howe you legend. What a f***ing club we are!!!!!

seen it all before.

:ben:

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

Fabinho is also a big name Brazilian player who has won the Premier League and the Champions League, while he has had a disappointing season he will still be seen as a class act.

It isn’t quite the same for ASM, being introduced as a former France under 21 player and goal of the month winners for October 2022.

“One of the most exciting wingers in European football” - that would work?

£40m seems about right imo. Any more than that and it'll raise eyebrows. He's 26 and entering the prime years of his career, he's great to watch and comparable players are going for about that. Fine line to tread but he's being sold for financial reasons, let's get as much as we can, no need to nerf the fee just to placate the rest of the league, fuck that 

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

“One of the most exciting wingers in European football” - that would work?

"One of the most exciting wingers TO WATCH in Europe", no need to change my words mate. And I honestly don't think that's even a controversial opinion unless you love grit and passion over some flair and dribbling.

Guest reefatoon
17 minutes ago, Pata said:

I don't know about any release clauses, please show me a reliable link? In any case it doesn't change my point. I see a lot more entertainment value in £70m for ASM compared to £40m for Fabinho or £47m for Neves.

Nobody is ever going to pay £70m for ASM [emoji38]

Think some peoples rose tinted glasses are clouding rational thinking.

18 minutes ago, Disco said:

He’s also a Brazil international with a massive world profile. These things matter as much as if not more for these developing leagues.

Fair shout.

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I'd want 40 but I can see the argument for less, tbh. It's not like you can be confident he'll play all season. 

Down there he totally will. Piss easy training, piss easy matches. He won’t have to exert himself at all. 

£30m seems close to right for ASM, hopefully we can persuade to get a few million more.

Yeah, he's entertaining but that doesn't make up for his injury problems, lack of end product, he's not a key player for us and we are looking to sell him.

Edited by Aiston

Not sure about this one like. Frustrating as he can be, an on-it ASM is still one of the best players in our squad and I could see him being up for it and effective in the CL. 

£30m, if true, doesn't seem a great deal for us considering the fee paid for Neves, as an example.