Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Just now, reefatoon said:

Nope, there are people that can see the benefits of it for being able to move the team forward, but nobody is desperate to see him go.

We have evolved so much as a team, sometimes the odd talented player falls by the way side, it’s just what happens when another manager sets a style and system. Not everybody fits into that.

People seem to be just talking a bit sense on both sides of the debate, but not seen anyone desperate to get shot, that’s just you being overly dramatic because you are upset about it.

Yeah, quite honestly, if he had come off a season where he had looked much stronger physically and was more of a fixture in the team because of it, I don't think we would have entertained selling him. We'd likely have announced a new contract instead. We just can't make that kind of commitment with the way things played out last season though.

16 minutes ago, Erikse said:

He was left on the bench 5 times all season. And he was a brand new player bought last summer. 2 of those were right after recovery. Did Maxi go through recovery all season?

It was 7 matches he was benched for. Leicester LC, Fulham home, Palace away, both Southampton semi final legs, LC final, Man City away. He returned from injury and was back in full training on the 2nd January.

Just find "if he's so good why's he been on the bench" a bit shortsighted. Howe hasn't got all of his team selections right as seen with him persisting with Wilson ahead of Isak when he looked shot to pieces up to mid-March. And in that time there have been times where ASM should also have been in the team ahead of Almiron in 2023, when he sometimes wasn't.

2 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Nope, there are people that can see the benefits of it for being able to move the team forward, but nobody is desperate to see him go.

We have evolved so much as a team, sometimes the odd talented player falls by the way side, it’s just what happens when another manager sets a style and system. Not everybody fits into that.

People seem to be just talking a bit sense on both sides of the debate, but not seen anyone desperate to get shot, that’s just you being overly dramatic because you are upset about it.

I’d say the people accepting of €25m for him are pretty desperate.

There are fair reasons for wanting to move players on but some of the reasons being spouted on here about him wanting to leave himself, our players not liking him etc. are pure speculation and not based on fact.  You wouldn’t say people inventing reasons for wanting him out of the door are desperate to leave?

At least you managed to make this post without personal insults over the internet though, tough guy.

Just now, Jack27 said:

Do they want both ASM AND Mahrez?

Yeah, want to have both either side of Firmino.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for their highlights next season.

2 hours ago, wormy said:

Forget all the Maxi nonsense. Tell me more.

I'll answer this in the style of someone I described in that same post 

There's 1.5m cats in the UK. Mostly NOT house cats. They ALL go out every night and kill wildlife. That's over a million Blackbirds, field mice and voles murdered every night of the week. 

Plus they shit in Wor lass's raised beds. 

Feral, disloyal little cunts, they are, and I'm not the only one that thinks that. 

21 minutes ago, Nobody said:

But he did some standing still step overs against Palace once :frantic:

That little chip at 1:06 reminds me of that Ben Arfa goal against Bolton. Will miss him if he goes, but understandable if we get to spend a lot more under FFP. Just hope the Saudi's are working their magic with the fee.

Just now, Eveready said:

There are fair reasons for wanting to move players on but some of the reasons being spouted on here about him wanting to leave himself, our players not liking him etc. are pure speculation and not based on fact.  You wouldn’t say people inventing reasons for wanting him out of the door are desperate to leave?

At least you managed to make this post without personal insults over the internet though, tough guy.

What evidence do you have that rafalove has invented the story though?

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

City have a bit of a rebuild on their hands now.

Yeah, it's going to make for a really intriguing season.

Looking forward to seeing who they bring in.

I don't know what people expect though? We're not getting worthwhile fees for any player we don't want, we have to sell to keep in line with FFP, we proved last season we can win and score well without him. 

The alternative is accept the City enquiry for Botman, or take the £80m or whatever Barcelona were nibbling around Bruno with. 

He might have went on to get 8 goals and 8 assists a season while providing the flair that excites everyone, but we seem likely to replace him with someone who'll offer a different sort of threat. 

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

I'll answer this in the style of someone I described in that same post 

There's 1.5m cats in the UK. Mostly NOT house cats. They ALL go out every night and kill wildlife. That's over a million Blackbirds, field mice and voles murdered every night of the week. 

Plus they shit in Wor lass's raised beds. 

Feral, disloyal little cunts, they are, and I'm not the only one that thinks that. 

Fuck carnage and murder the main beef right there! [emoji38]

Guest reefatoon
6 minutes ago, Eveready said:

We don’t know what he is going for though. Are the club desperate to see him go then as they are the ones accepting it.

Your last comment [emoji38] Come on man, don’t turn it into something stupid.

Edited by reefatoon

1 minute ago, PauloGeordio said:

Fuck carnage and murder the main beef right there! [emoji38]

I could've narrowed it down to just black cats but, as any fool knows, they shit everywhere. Pavements, fountains, football stadiums.... 

2 minutes ago, Erikse said:

I don't know why £30 mill would be a terrible price for a player who played 1115 minutes in the PL last season.. It's about a third of our total minutes.

Do you have data how much he played in the season before that?

bit gutted about this. Really enjoyed watching ASM in some otherwise dire years.

Harvey Barnes might be a more clinical player but it’s not particularly exciting in the same way ASM was. I also thought Maxi’s general play improved massively last season when we actually got to see it and was looking forward to seeing him more this season. It’s captain obvious stuff but I wish if we were getting rid of ASM it was for a similarly exciting talent like a Kvara or Leao. Those are the kind of talents that make watching football fun.

Edited by Smal

Just now, Pata said:

Do you have data how much he played in the season before that?

Did we play as physically intensive style of football that season compared to last season? We started to press more but nowhere near to the extent we did last year.