Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

2 minutes ago, madras said:

Top of the French league when PSG  weren't the force they are now. So much so we could by their better players. He cam with a reputation for being lazy and unwilling to work despite being fantastic when he had the ball.

And for the most part he that’s what he was. Beresford made up for a lot of his defensive inadequacies. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Agree with all that except output. His output would be fine to good if he could start enough games and other players could finish. 

And he can’t.

He won’t want to be on the bench so let’s be ruthless for once. 

The thing with HBA was that it felt like we'd won the lottery with him only for us to be robbed of it by Pardew. He left and scored 17 goals for Nice. The talent was obvious to see and him being an obvious cunt off the pitch didn't matter to us, we just needed some entertainment and Pardew seemed to do everything in his power to deprive us of it.

I just don't feel that from Maxi. I think the stick he gets about his end product is absolute nonsense, he's a fantastic player, but his downsides are apparent, the major one being that he comes onto the pitch bandaged from head to toe because he constantly suffers muscle injuries. In another dimension he's a world beater, but unfortunately the best thing for him in this reality is being able to saunter around in the 50 degree heat, rinsing a 40 year old, dehydrated Jordan Henderson. He's the definition of a maverick player, he'll build up a great TikTok following and he'll be happy with that.

Howe obviously thinks Harvey Barnes is going to be a much better player for us so we can chill out and just enjoy watching him rattle the net repeatedly.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

10 minutes ago, madras said:

Top of the French league when PSG  weren't the force they are now. So much so we could by their better players. He cam with a reputation for being lazy and unwilling to work despite being fantastic when he had the ball.

Okay Madras, agree to disagree :lol:

Each to their own. He has consistently pissed me off with lack of back tracking when losing the ball. 

Maybe he’s changed. But I really can’t see him fitting into our style of play.

Imagine in a few years when we are selling bruno or botman. People are going to go akka 

4 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

Each to their own. He has consistently pissed me off with lack of back tracking when losing the ball. 

Maybe he’s changed. But I really can’t see him fitting into our style of play.

Imagine in a few years when we are selling bruno or botman. People are going to go akka 

IMG_1874.thumb.jpeg.a049ecd9b5fe69e1aa9e46f88c4843dd.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

II think the stick he gets about his end product is absolute nonsense

Dont think its nonsense. He could and should have more assists but apart from that his numbers are poor. its a fair criticism. 

Just now, nufc123 said:

Dont think its nonsense. He could and should have more assists but apart from that his numbers are poor. its a fair criticism. 

What numbers a poor though?

He passes the eye test too, his penetrative passing in and around the box is very good. His whipped crossing is probably the best in the squad too.

Loved his flair when hes on it, but it happens too rarely and he misses far too many games, as well as 2 assists only in 2023.

Barnes offers us a different but far more consistent threat. Barnes assists weren't too bad either when Leicester had good strikers in form instead of a washed vardy they had last season.

Thought ASM showed significant improvement under Howe. He should’ve had more assists, but he was feeding players who couldn’t finish.

Barnes’ doesn’t get many assists, but I expect he will do better with us under Howe than he did with LC under Rodgers.

Edited by gazza ladra

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

It's probably been drummed into the ground already but his assists per 90 is in the top 4%.

What does the goal stat say? Like I said its a fair criticism. Its reason why poeple bring it up often.

Think it’s mainly a shame that we didn’t get to see him have a run of games last season. If he’d managed to play ten in a row, really lace together some good performances then we’d all feel differently about this Im sure. Would feel like a massive mistake but then we probably wouldn’t be selling him if he’d stayed injury free. Or if he had been injury free and we were selling him it would have been because he couldn’t play consistently enough. It’s all just a bit what-if with Maxi

5 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

What does the goal stat say? Like I said its a fair criticism. Its reason why poeple bring it up often.

His goal scoring stats are shite. You specified goals and assists as being 'end product' though and said his numbers were poor? They aren't poor though as he's very good at creating chances.

Like I say, he passes the eye test too, I'm not just basing this off of FBref. I've said plenty times in match threads that I don't get the criticisms of him in the final 3rd as he puts dangerous balls in all the time.

Edited by Hanshithispantz