Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

43 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

The only way this is good for us is if the entire fee is upfront and liberates us from FFP shackles to a degree. If it's spread like a usual transfer then we've been bent over a barrel and been Marcellus Wallaced.

Not sure what you mean by this?

FFP has nothing to do with paying in installments. Unless you mean it's £23m with performance related add ons?

Edited by Abacus

When Barnes scores his first goal he'll be a distant memory. We need consistency in our bigger players & if we have any "wildcards" they should be of the younger, Minteh/Kuol profile.

Best of luck to him & thanks for lighting up the Bruce years somewhat. Hope he kicks it over there.

35 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

We’d have sold Toney regardless under MA. The moment he’d started looking like a half decent player Charnley would have cashed in on him. 

Much rather have Isak and Wilson. 

Doesn’t make it any less of a mistake. What we get for him? £300k now touted at being £50m

26 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

It’s like your lass shagging someone else.

And then when she tells them she loves them - you live in constant denial and tell yourself “it’s me she really loves and always will”

1 minute ago, Gawalls said:

No guarantees he would have been that good if he stayed with us.

No one saying he would be. Looking back on the face of it it looks like a mistake. It’s no big deal either way I’m just answering the question that was asked 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Have to say. I haven't been really affected by us selling him but after watching that, boy I'm almost in tears. Maybe because if his limited playing time last season and how well the team did without him swayed me to not feel so sad but that video does give me joy and sadness about his good times here.

15 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

But it worked out fine. We’ve got Wilson and Isak and a load of cash. 

Because of a takeover :lol: doesn’t make selling him for £300k any less of a mistake. Why am I even arguing about this? My opinion is it was a mistake, not one that’s cost us but a mistake none the less 

2 minutes ago, gdm said:

Because of a takeover :lol: doesn’t make selling him for £300k any less of a mistake. Why am I even arguing about this? My opinion is it was a mistake, not one that’s cost us but a mistake none the less 

Wilson was pre takeover. 

Just now, MrRaspberryJam said:

I wasn’t. I thought you meant we had Wilson and Isak because of the takeover. 

Fair enough but I think we all know Wilson was here pre takeover. Agree to disagree it’s really not that important 

1 hour ago, St1pe said:

Feels like a mistake [emoji38]

Curious who was the last player we sold that people felt was an error? Players like Merino don’t count as there was a release clause etc. 

Joselu 

Personally, I can logically understand and even agree with why he's gone but I'm still a bit gutted about it.

It's a cliche, but he's one of those players where you get to your feet when he's on it and gets the ball.