Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Fenerbahce, on loan from Al-Ahli)

Disco

8 minutes ago, NobbySolano said:

His other 3 seasons: 121 (first season), 96, 57. 

Not to mention, dribbling without end product is just frustrating and not exciting.

What’s your point, you want to use per 90 for those seasons?

Second sentence is just legit wtf. :lol: You should watch basketball or some other high scoring sport if your enjoyment is tied so closely to the end product, maybe you wouldn’t be so miserable then.

I'm not miserable at all. I quite enjoy the game, a nil nil draw as much as a goal fest.

Dribbling alone is not exciting by itself. It's exciting because it leads to something. A great pass, a chance on goal. Even the occasional defender on their ass. 

For my team, I care about winning. Preferably playing attractive progressive football. So yes, I need end product.

I'll be just as entertained by ASM watching on the telly for another team, but I'd rather watch my team win.

You can use per 90 if you want , it just reflects how little he is available. Only played more than 20 full 90s in 1 season. He'd be great off the bench as a squad player. 

4 minutes ago, NobbySolano said:

We'll disagree.

5 assists 1 goal is hardly a contribution to "deserve" a spot in the UCL squad. 

Exciting to watch is subjective. First free steps are exciting, until you see the key of the product with the ball in the stands or a turnover for a fast break. Could he turn on some magic? Sure. Reliably? Nah.

Teams not going for him at what posters here say he should be going for is a valid point. If he was worth that then surely someone would pay it. I don't care what Barnes goes for. We'll pay what we think he is worth.

SA is over paying for all players, which is why nobody else is really going for them. You are making my point.

His per 90 assists are the best around. At least move on to the 'but he doesn't play enough' point. 

Aye it is subjective and loads of people think he's exciting, they're not wrong.

Okay so no one else is in for him, which is a valid point and indicates that he can't be that good, but no one else being in for Barnes doesn't matter. I doubt I need to explain why the stance should be one or the other.

1 hour ago, GideonShandy said:

How does the "player wages" factor help?

ASM is supposedly on 40,000 quid per week (2million a year)

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/newcastle-united-fc/allan-saint-maximin-32735/#:~:text=Current Contract,cap hit of £2%2C000%2C000.

I imagine we'll be paying Barnes considerably more than that.

Thought it was fairly common knowledge he was on low wages compared to the rest of squad. Another reason why I thought we could accommodate him for 12 more months ??‍♂️ 

11 minutes ago, Aiston said:

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/331382/Fixtures/Harvey-Barnes

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/135891/Fixtures/Allan-Saint-Maximin

If Barnes even gives us half of what he did for Leicester last season, he'd be worth the selling of ASM.

ASM had two MotM’s compared to Barnes’ 0 and a higher average rating (6.80 to 6.66).

At least all those goals meant Leicester had a decent season. :bluestar:

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

His per 90 assists are the best around. At least move on to the 'but he doesn't play enough' point. 

Aye it is subjective and loads of people think he's exciting, they're not wrong.

Okay so no one else is in for him, which is a valid point and indicates that he can't be that good, but no one else being in for Barnes doesn't matter. I doubt I need to explain why the stance should be one or the other.

It's not that hard to understand. Whatever a player goes for is it's actual market value.

There is only one group claiming to know better and saying ASM is undervalued. Yet nobody is bidding for him, and if/when they do then he'll go for his real market value. 

I personally think he should go for more, but the histrionics are over the top.

You are right, fun is subjective. To a point. 

No way that the fee is £30m or below. He has a £32m value on transfermarkt, Saudi could easily pay 40-50 without people raising an eyebrow. People who follow other teams dont remember his injury record or that he sometimes can be frustrating to watch. 

2 minutes ago, astraguy said:

30m is shit given we'll be spending that on Barnes,but we if can loan him back that's class.does the Saudi league run the same time as the pren?

It is shit, we should be getting much more but let’s wait for the official announcement. 

We won’t be loaning him back. 

Seems a pity but I'm sure we were always warned about casualties when it comes to selling popular players to help fund the project due to ffp limitations.

I'm sure of we could sell darlow/Lewis/hendrick/Fraser for this supposed 30m we would be all over it, fact of the matter is we have a toybox full of shit broken toys that nobody else wants to buy off us.

Pretty gutted, but understanding (hope we do use it to good effect at least)

As others have said it is likely that we will be downflating the media reporting of the fee as it will clearly be a controversial sale in the eyes of the rest of the league, so bare that in mind when whinging about the price.

Find it telling that Maxi’s going to Saudi at 26.

If he was genuinely viewed as hot property, at his age a decent side in a decent league would have been in for him.

It’s been clear he’s not part of Howe’s mid term plans so if clubs fancied him they would have acted. Especially for £30m. 

Edited by bobbydazzla