The 2020-21 Betting Thread

Yorkie

Kucka looks long for a card long with PP at 9/2. Generally around 2/1 elsewhere.

Taking him with Liam Palmer at 30/1, and also adding Hamsik for a punt at 213/1.

Great minds just picked that out myself. Palmer booked in his last appearance for Scotland.

Strangely McKenna is 1/25 to get booked and was 1/40 v Serbia.

As long as you're getting the value, yes. Different bookies vary wildly, and that's why it's profitable.

Seen quite a few someone may go 2/1 when other bookies might offer 4/1, 5/1. As long as you're on the latter, and obviously pick with some degree of logic, I think long run you'd make a tidy wedge. Past few weeks have been good.

I've enjoyed following that market lately although it has turned me blood thirsty for bad challenges....

Seriously though some games there are great odds some great prices on doubles during the Newcastle/Soton game for example.

It's a good market to play for low stakes too. One thing you have to be wary of now is which games have 5 subs allowed as that can quickly kibosh your slips so you have to factor that in when considering the value, especially if you're picking a player likely to be subbed (e.g. centre halves don't tend to go off but wingers do).

Wouldn't expect the England game later to be particularly feisty (and the ref's not fantastic) but even so, 365 being generous with the odds, especially compared to Betfair, eg Tielemans and Rice, 45/1.

Guess this is a stupid question given how popular it is on here, but is the booking market actually quite a good one to go at, then? Do folks have some decent success rates?

I’ve done it for over seasons now and had quite a bit of joy yeah. Much like the shots on target bets the bookies cottoned on fast and lowered the odds but as has been said there is good value

:lol: Nice one gdm, copied it as I didn't have much inspiration of my own.

I had it in my head that I’d bet both those players separately in the past and both had got booked. That’s why I picked them