Matty Longstaff (now playing for Toronto FC)

toontownman

18 hours ago, Dandy Don said:

We've got a lad at right full back great attacker down the wing and delivers great crosses(Supermac) would have loved him.

Anyway he's 18 Calvin Ramsey,already Man Utd and Everton enquiring... They'll need to go over 10 million,hes the real deal...Best homegrown in years for us.

Bet they don't though

Shortstaff will come good but he's in a rough place atm and will take some time to shake the treatment Bruce has given him. His fitness will be on the floor and ges probably doubting his talent (like everyone else) 

Hopefully you can give him games to sort both of them out and in return he gives you a good season after a weak start. I do fear though where he goes from here if he can't snap out of it and continues not to perform.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Dandy Don said:

Apparently spat his dummie out,and jumped in a car with a girl and headed south,or so the rumour mongers are saying.

Glass about to lose his job,just lost to Dundee who were bottom.

Aberdeen's worst start to a season.

Sounds like bollocks. Nee lass would get in a car with him.

On 03/10/2021 at 15:14, Dandy Don said:

We've got a lad at right full back great attacker down the wing and delivers great crosses(Supermac) would have loved him.

Anyway he's 18 Calvin Ramsey,already Man Utd and Everton enquiring... They'll need to go over 10 million,hes the real deal...Best homegrown in years for us.

£10m for a club in a relegation dog fight? Seems unlikely.

Edited by DoricGinola

2 hours ago, Dandy Don said:

Leicester and Atletico scouts watching him tonight.

It's not his fault we're in a mess.

That may be, but an SPFL team getting £10m for a player with a handful of first team appearances?

Zero chance.

I'd have thought Longstaff would have been a good signing for your lot.

Edited by DoricGinola

• 1 month later...

What is it with this lad,has shown nothing since  he came up here,and has been dropped.

Was on the bench against Dundee Utd Saturday, came on and did nothing but give the ball away,and I'm trying to figure out when I've seen one of our players so easily pushed off the ball.

If he doesn't want to be here he needs to feck off back down road...I've seen better players in the Highland league.

Talk about players being over hyped..Jesus.

Edited by Dandy Don

He needs good players around him, his game is all about moving the ball on and that’s all dependant on the movement around him. He runs like he’s got cement in his boots and he’s never going go passed opposition players. He hasn’t improved his game at all and he’s a poor Jack Colback at the moment; it doesn’t get much worse.

7 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

He needs good players around him, his game is all about moving the ball on and that’s all dependant on the movement around him. He runs like he’s got cement in his boots and he’s never going go passed opposition players. He hasn’t improved his game at all and he’s a poor Jack Colback at the moment; it doesn’t get much worse.

Well he couldn't do that Saturday, people moving for a pass and he kept finding opposition...Terrible performance I'm afraid.

If he's homesick he needs to go home.

28 minutes ago, Dandy Don said:

What is it with this lad,has shown nothing since  he came up here,and has been dropped.

Was on the bench against Dundee Utd Saturday, came on and did nothing but give the ball away,and I'm trying to figure out when I've seen one of our players so easily pushed off the ball.

If he doesn't want to be here he needs to feck off back down road...I've seen better players in the Highland league.

Talk about players being over hyped..Jesus.

Just don't think he's that good and suffering from a lack of confidence. Was at the rangers Aberdeen game at ibrox the other week. He couldn't even get on and that was with Scott Brown playing centre back.

5 minutes ago, jack j said:

Just don't think he's that good and suffering from a lack of confidence. Was at the rangers Aberdeen game at ibrox the other week. He couldn't even get on and that was with Scott Brown playing centre back.

Aye...And they robbed us with a penalty that never was.

Just now, Dandy Don said:

Aye...And they robbed us with a penalty that never was.

Haha seen worse decisions. Quite enjoyed the game. Was better than anything Newcastle had served up this season. Until Saturdays game anyway. Aberdeen fans made quite a decent noise for so few.

Is glass still close to the sack?

2 minutes ago, jack j said:

Haha seen worse decisions. Quite enjoyed the game. Was better than anything Newcastle had served up this season. Until Saturdays game anyway. Aberdeen fans made quite a decent noise for so few.

Is glass still close to the sack?

Feel sorry in a way for Glass,we are absolutely sloshed with injuries, back four out injured,that's why Brown playing there,having no luck.

Once again all over Dundee UTD Saturday, one of their fans racial abused Ojo,who confronted their fan and got sent off for it.

They have one shot at goal and Bingo....Going to be a long hard winter...The Fergie era of winning European trophies seems like a distant memory for all.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like loan may be cut short,not even making the bench now,and missed training one day...Will be no loss as we're now on a four game winning run.

Think the boy needs to get his head in order,thought he was some superstar when he came here,when in fact he looks like a league 1 player at best.

10 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

Probably more to do with the set-up at Aberdeen. He’s used to being around the premier league and he’s joined some outfit in a two-Bob second rate league, not surprised he’s struggled to get motivated.

Well the precious little boy better get used to it, because a two-bob second rate league is his level.