Matty Longstaff (now playing for Toronto FC)

toontownman

Hendricks having triple the game time Matty has had this season is reason enough to sack Bruce for gross incompetence...

But Matty didn't say nice things about the boss and you can't expect game time if you are being naughty.

There’s something amiss with both of the brothers. Yeah we can use the situation to bitch about the club and Steve Bruce but to be honest, I wouldn’t pick them either, not on what they’ve both shown over last 2 seasons.

The only one who looks like he belongs in that midfield is Hayden. The rest are a liability in one way or another.

Matty scored a winner against Man Utd, he’ll always have that in terms of rapport with the fans, but honestly, whether he leaves or not doesn’t concern me in the slightest, or his brother.

Matty should be a starter in our miedfield.

Matty, Hayden and Willock is our three best central midfielders and our 4-3-1-2 system should suit them perfect. Hayden as a more defensive one and Matty and Willock with a lot of energy making runs in to the box.

• 5 months later...

I wonder what Bruce's reasons are for not rating him? Too small to compete in the PL? I know there is talk that he fell out of favour because his dad criticised Bruce, but that only happened because he wasn't getting any game time to start with. 

2 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Why the fuck did he sign a new contract with us? :lol:

Because it’s probably the best deal he’ll ever get in his career of playing in League One.

25 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Amazing we are letting him, his brother and potentially Hayden go just to bring in one new player to strengthen our midfield. The crowd will still clap. 

Especially when Bruce’s target is significantly worse than the three shipped out.

Should be great to experience for him, he lacks pace which catches him out in the PL but he should be able to show his stuff up in Scotland. People within the club say he’s the better of the 2 brothers as a footballer.